Alfa_Tau

SLAVA when will be available?

20 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Players
660 posts

@Crysantos

Hello everyone

Any clue about the date of release of the new Soviet Tier X premium BB? 

What kind of resources will require? 

I do not think she will be available for coal, should we expect to trade her for free XP? Or steel ? 

Could also become part of the NTC or Research Beaureu? 

All tips are welcome! 

Thanks

:Smile_honoring:

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,067 battles
12 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

well "new" Slava is like half a year old or even more?

and yes we don't need more OP russian paper ships

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,970 posts
5,376 battles
16 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Hopefully never. This is one ship that deserves it's place in development heck.

• Cool 2

[-YR-]
Players
660 posts
19 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

well "new" Slava is like half a year old or even more?

and yes we don't need more OP russian paper ships

Honestly I think the second version was not OP. The reduced number of repair party and the hull not particularly strong, make it only good for long range sniping.

Plus another nerf to gun velocity/dispersion is Always possible, 

Players
8,406 posts
9,220 battles
6 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Honestly I think the second version was not OP. The reduced number of repair party and the hull not particularly strong, make it only good for long range sniping.

Plus another nerf to gun velocity/dispersion is Always possible, 

The issue is, if you can devastate everything from 17 km, why would you need durability? It's like saying CVs are fine, because they got a heal and their hull isn't as durable as a BB's. And testers showed, Slava still crapped on things in its range and performed well.

Lastly, the very gameplay concept tested was absolutely stupid and should not make it into the game. Yamato and Thunderer are maybe somewhat decent take on a BB that has comparably good long-range performance, but notably, Yamato still does well at mid range as it stays tanky if properly angled, while Thunderer lacks the insane pen and velocity to bring the stupidness of Slava. If a Thunderer shoots you from 20 km, you use your rudder and just dodge. If Slava shoots you, you are basically already toast.

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
660 posts
34 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

The issue is, if you can devastate everything from 17 km, why would you need durability?

Well in the game there are also DD that can dev strike you from very long range. And any ship class has its own counter. BB can be targeted by DDs and CVs so I don't really see it as a big problem. 

What is important how ever is to make the SLAVA (and any new ship) interesting because of a particular feature but balanced by the right sets of weakness. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,970 posts
5,376 battles
14 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Well in the game there are also DD that can dev strike you from very long range. And any ship class has its own counter. BB can be targeted by DDs and CVs so I don't really see it as a big problem. 

What is important how ever is to make the SLAVA (and any new ship) interesting because of a particular feature but balanced by the right sets of weakness. 

And that's the problem, Slava didn't have any.

Players
8,406 posts
9,220 battles
14 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Then go play a Thunderer or Yamato if you want a ship that is balanced with decent long range performance.

Also, if you get devstruck by DD torps from across the map, you should maybe consider course changes every now and then. You have multiple minutes to evade torps at 20 km. Slava shells meanwhile go there in maybe a quarter of one.

[-YR-]
Players
660 posts
3 hours ago, lafeel said:

And that's the problem, Slava didn't have any.

I do not entirely agree. In current state she has some weakness. As I said before WG can still nerf the AP velocity or accuracy. 

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
On 11/27/2019 at 7:17 PM, Alfa_Tau said:

I do not entirely agree. In current state she has some weakness. As I said before WG can still nerf the AP velocity or accuracy. 

And that still would not matter overly much if it retains the accuracy formula which is simply broken.

Hopefully the Slava will be forgotten and die out somewhere far away from the live servers.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,438 battles
On 11/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, Alfa_Tau said:

@Crysantos

Hello everyone

What kind of resources will require? 

I do not think she will be available for coal, should we expect to trade her for free XP? Or steel ? 

Could also become part of the NTC or Research Beaureu? 

All tips are welcome! 

Thanks

Hi!

Sorry I was on a long vacation and a business trip afterwards, but now I'm back (yay). Currently we don't have any news for this ship but you can be sure that we'll let you know once we've made a decision about how to proceed with this ship. There was no decision made yet whether this ship will be implemented or not - and thus also no decision yet about the kind of resources it would require to get it.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

Players
1,878 posts
15,507 battles

Strike at the Soviet Orbital Shipyards delayed the Battlestar Slava's construction? Seriously, could we not? With Kremlin and Smolensk around I think we're all balans'd out here...

[MORIA]
Players
7,532 posts
37,199 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Hi!

Sorry I was on a long vacation and a business trip afterwards, but now I'm back (yay). Currently we don't have any news for this ship but you can be sure that we'll let you know once we've made a decision about how to proceed with this ship. There was no decision made yet whether this ship will be implemented or not - and thus also no decision yet about the kind of resources it would require to get it.

Greetings, Crysantos

Please don't introduce it. 

• Cool 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, MacArthur92 sagte:

Please don't introduce it. 

Never ever!

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
660 posts
7 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hi!

Greetings, Crysantos

Dear Crysantos

Thanks a lot for sharing this info with the community

all the best

Players
186 posts
19,142 battles

I dont have problem with Slava.  I'm really looking forward to this ship. Need counter play against OP HE spammer cruisers ( Smolesk, Colbert,  Henry), Slava will be good role for this.

I think OP HE spammer cruisers more harmful to game, than one very good BB.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
1 hour ago, unsinkable_sam_ said:

I dont have problem with Slava.  I'm really looking forward to this ship. Need counter play against OP HE spammer cruisers ( Smolesk, Colbert,  Henry), Slava will be good role for this.

I think OP HE spammer cruisers more harmful to game, than one very good BB.

Disagree heavily. HE spammers are not fun to play against at times (and depending on ship), but a BB with all of these tools? [edited]no. Let the Slava burn in a hole and never be introduced.

• Cool 8

Players
186 posts
19,142 battles
On 12/28/2019 at 2:45 AM, ollonborre said:

Disagree heavily. HE spammers are not fun to play against at times (and depending on ship), but a BB with all of these tools? [edited]no. Let the Slava burn in a hole and never be introduced.

"HE spammers are not fun to play against at times "

Why?

Based on the this Reddit post, Slava will be premium ship.

Sign in to follow this