Sign in to follow this  
thechopsm

USELESS REWARDS

13 comments in this topic

[TDDNS]
Players
6 posts
7,431 battles

Could I please enquire as to why, when you work soooooooooooo hard to earn containers and select the item that you actually require i.e. money, consumables, resources for the armoury, etc, you nearly always get palmed off with stuff that you really DO NOT want (and DID NOT select) i.e. 1 of the item you wanted plus 3 flags and 3 camo? It really does make the idea of earning your 3 containers per day seem absolutely pointless, infuriating and the reward system a bit of a joke!!!!!!

Also, and with this serious issue in mind, might it not be an idea to make steel and coal available for purchase?

Grateful for your response to edited!

Edit: Since we can't be sure that e-mail adress belongs to you, and it is forbidden to share peoples' e-mail address out in public according to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

I removed the address.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,830 posts
14,102 battles
34 minutes ago, thechopsm said:

Also, and with this serious issue in mind, might it not be an idea to make steel and coal available for purchase?

Steel was designed to be the main reward currency for competitive modes, and the better you fare the more steel you can accrue. 

So no. Steel should not be some something you can just buy at any time. Earn it. Not everything in the game need have a price tag, not everything need be monetised. It would be terribly expensive anyway.

Be careful what you wish for. 

• Cool 4

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,049 posts
12,515 battles
1 hour ago, thechopsm said:

Very bad idea. Steel is and should be a reward-thing and coal is that easy to obtain (daily missions, resource-containers) we/I do not see any benefit in selling it for money. 

Players
1,875 posts
15,486 battles
2 hours ago, thechopsm said:

Could I please enquire as to why, when you work soooooooooooo hard to earn containers <snip>

You can get all three daily containers in a few battles if you run premium time. With flags, camos, and a good game, you can get the first two daily containers from a single battle. Ofc it all takes longer without premium / camos / flags, but c'mon.. working soooo hard? All you need to do is play the game normally and you just get them. Without premium time, you can get at least 2 daily containers by just casually doing a few battles per day. No special requirements of playing a certain class or mode. No special goals or directives. No achievements needed of any kind. Just play. This isn't "working hard".

... you nearly always get palmed off with stuff that you really DO NOT want (and DID NOT select) i.e. 1 of the item you wanted plus 3 flags and 3 camo? It really does make the idea of earning your 3 containers per day seem absolutely pointless, infuriating and the reward system a bit of a joke!!!!!!

Here I can kind of see your point; say you're grinding coal, you'd want to get those juice 3xcoal resource containers all the time. Sadly, WG loves their RNG so don't expect this to change. I will, however, point out that these camos and flags might seem pointless to you - until you run out of them. Almost ironically, those same camos and flags you consider pointless actually help you get those daily containers, that you seem to find so hard to grind, much faster / easier. They're quite useful items to have, might not seem as shiny as coal that you can get a new ship for, but they help you get there in a more indirect way by improving the performance of your ship, and the rewards you receive for your battles.

I think you and I have very different ideas on what constitutes a "serious issue". Others have commented this well, I'll just agree with them that this is a very bad idea. WG already monetizes everything. Steel was supposed to be a reward for competitive play. Coal is a reward for just normal gameplay. Both resources are a way of time gating rewards for playing certain modes continuously. It is sometimes possible to buy them in a less direct way (some premium event containers drop coal at times, WG also sold a campaign that gave you steel last Christmas). Be careful what you wish for, selling these resources would probably raise the coal and steel prices of ships and make the grinds much longer, or the ships much more expensive. This is a really bad idea.

Grateful for your response to

edited!

Edit: Since we can't be sure that e-mail adress belongs to you, and it is forbidden to share peoples' e-mail address out in public according to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

I removed the address.

I'm going to assume you don't use forums that much. There is no reason to leave your e-mail address to get answers, that is literally what the forum is for, I doubt anyone would bother using it to discuss this with you, when it can be done more efficiently and transparently by just posting here. If you expected WG to use it to discuss the matter with you, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

[TDDNS]
Players
6 posts
7,431 battles
3 hours ago, thechopsm said:

Could I please enquire as to why, when you work soooooooooooo hard to earn containers and select the item that you actually require i.e. money, consumables, resources for the armoury, etc, you nearly always get palmed off with stuff that you really DO NOT want (and DID NOT select) i.e. 1 of the item you wanted plus 3 flags and 3 camo? It really does make the idea of earning your 3 containers per day seem absolutely pointless, infuriating and the reward system a bit of a joke!!!!!!

Grateful for your response to edited!

I removed the address.

No probs with the edit - thanks.

[TDDNS]
Players
6 posts
7,431 battles

Thanks for the comments above.  Some points I fully accept regarding the Flags and Camo, however, the point I make is that if I wanted Camo and Flags I would select them when choosing what containers I want for my time and effort.  They just seem to appear in most of the selections regardless of whether you want them or not but I guess that this is WarGaming and they will just do as they please.

Thanks for your time everyone above.  

• Cool 1

[TDDNS]
Players
6 posts
7,431 battles

As stated above, if I wanted bloody flags or Camo, I would select that choice before collecting my container.  As per bloody usual out of a possible 9 bags of coal, I get 4 and 5 lots of fuckin flags that I don't want!!!!  War Gaming - your reward system for working hard to get the 3 daily containers is SHITE!!!!!

IMG_20191128_202257.jpg

IMG_20191128_202307.jpg

IMG_20191128_202322.jpg

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

The resources container guarantees you 400 coal.

You might get 800 or even 1200 but 400 is the minimum and that's what you got 2/3 of the time. The last time you got double.

Would you like to not get the flags and that slot to be empty? Not sure what's the problem there. If you don't need them or use them.. just ignore them.

If you want coal to appear in all 3 slots (1200 per container), all the time... no, it's not gonna happen and honestly... it shouldn't.

But it does happen on (rare) occasions....

coal.jpg

[TDDNS]
Players
6 posts
7,431 battles

I fully get your thoughts on this but if there isn't really a choice of what to have, why give it?  Why not leave it and just see what you get?  My point is that when you want resources, why should you get flags and Camo when you should be getting coal and steel.  When you opt for credits, why would you want flags and camo?  Do you see where I am going with it?  If I want flags and camo, there is an option to get just that so why not just give out what they are offering at each selection instead of essentially fobbing off Gamers with stuff that they don't necessarily want???   

Players
339 posts

Because they use consumables as padding, basically its a way to make the players to play more and so more likely to spend money or in the loot boxes case, a way to give complete trash and tell people how much they saved by getting crap they never wanted.

I am allergic to consumables as I am one of those guys that would have 999 health potions on the final boss and not use then for reasons but I know companies love consumables because its a nice way for then to give "rewards" that have no lasting impact.

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,342 battles

WoWs is a grind game.

I dont grind anymore for the sake of grinding...Just keeping a stock of a few thousand fire & flooding signals + grinding or purchasing all future Submarines.

This game has many grind and purchase options, I got my joy out of various WoWs grind ways and now only play for the actual random match fun.

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,173 posts
10,501 battles

Gets rewarded for something he does anyway (playing) and is crying. Wtf happend to the world.

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
On 12/4/2019 at 5:26 PM, thechopsm said:

I fully get your thoughts on this but if there isn't really a choice of what to have, why give it?  Why not leave it and just see what you get?  My point is that when you want resources, why should you get flags and Camo when you should be getting coal and steel.  When you opt for credits, why would you want flags and camo?  Do you see where I am going with it?  If I want flags and camo, there is an option to get just that so why not just give out what they are offering at each selection instead of essentially fobbing off Gamers with stuff that they don't necessarily want???   

Why not leave it and just see what you get?

Are you sure you want full RNG? That you'd be happy and not complain that you have no choice at all?

Be careful what you wish for.