Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
robertunio1

Yamato's bugged max firing range ?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-BL-]
Players
12 posts

Hi all!

I effectively stopped play wows on regular basis several months ago, so I consider myself kinda newcomer.

My Yamato firing range with relevant upgrade is 30.9km as it used to be months ago but with spotter plane the maximum firing range is only 32.5km but it used to be 37km. Is it a bug, a nerf or change to game mechanics ???

Please do not post moronic answers such as "why do you need 37km firing range" only straight to the point.

Thanks for your help 😎

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles
1 hour ago, robertunio1 said:

My Yamato firing range with relevant upgrade is 30.9km

Please go get the upgrade for shorter reload and just move your ship closer to the fight. You are in one of the tankiest battleships when you don't show broadside, shooting at over 30 km is just a waste of time.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles
39 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

My guess is he put the legendary module on the Yamato.

Gives -6% reload and -7% dispersion for -19% rudder shift. Not a range buff.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
5 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Gives -6% reload and -7% dispersion for -19% rudder shift. Not a range buff.

And that is why he is missing range now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles
16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And that is why he is missing range now...

From the values, seems that way, but means opening post is logically quite inconsistent.

2 hours ago, robertunio1 said:

Please do not post moronic answers such as "why do you need 37km firing range" only straight to the point.

Moronic build gets appropriate response.

  • Cool 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,935 posts
5,340 battles
29 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Moronic build gets appropriate response.

I have to agree. Doubly so for Musashi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-BL-]
Players
12 posts

I do not use legendary module on Yamato. I use Gun Fire System Modification 2 in 6th slot, which gives +16% firing range.

Could anyone actually try to check my built on your client.

One of the players from "Help Me" discord channel has checked my built and he has had 37km max firing range and my game client seems to be consitent with etalon, so I will be indebted if someone could try to check my built and report the results in this topic.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
2,842 posts
13,969 battles

37km is with the spotting aircraft launched...

though why anybody would to use the max range module instead of the firing rate buff is beyond me (or legendary mod)...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-BL-]
Players
12 posts

I received official reply from WG Support:

We are aware of the issue and our specialists are working on solving this issue.

Thank you all for your help.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
23 minutes ago, robertunio1 said:

I received official reply from WG Support:

We are aware of the issue and our specialists are working on solving this issue.

Thank you all for your help.

Kinda odd that everybody thus far reads past your bug report and bid for assistance on factchecking. But glad you worked on it regardless instead of getting demotivated due to the way some here have responded even though I have to agree that equipping the extended range mod on Yamato is a waste.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-BL-]
Players
12 posts

My two cents about Yamato's legendary upgrade - I do not use it because of it's 19% gun traverse speed penalty. IMHO legendary upgrade should give +31% max firing range instead of -19% gun traverse speed so Yamato would have 41.8km max firing range with spotter plane and this would be very close to her historical max firing range (42km). 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
6 minutes ago, robertunio1 said:

My two cents about Yamato's legendary upgrade - I do not use it because of it's 19% gun traverse speed penalty. IMHO legendary upgrade should give +31% max firing range instead of -19% gun traverse speed so Yamato would have 41.8km max firing range with spotter plane and this would be very close to her historical max firing range (42km). 

Which would be completly useless as combat ranges are much lower in game than in reality...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-BL-]
Players
12 posts
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Which would be completly useless as combat ranges are much lower in game than in reality...

This is how wows adverts itself on steam:

Experience epic, free-to-play naval combat when you helm one of over 200 historic vessels in an exciting balance of strategy and real-time combat in World of Warships.

If they say in very first sentence about historical ships you would expect they should have historical specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
4 minutes ago, robertunio1 said:

This is how wows adverts itself on steam:

Experience epic, free-to-play naval combat when you helm one of over 200 historic vessels in an exciting balance of strategy and real-time combat in World of Warships.

If they say in very first sentence about historical ships you would expect they should have historical specs.

No. Only if you have no clue how games work.

A Yamato had more levers and valves to get going than you have keys on your keyboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles
1 hour ago, robertunio1 said:

This is how wows adverts itself on steam:

Experience epic, free-to-play naval combat when you helm one of over 200 historic vessels in an exciting balance of strategy and real-time combat in World of Warships.

If they say in very first sentence about historical ships you would expect they should have historical specs.

If only the IJN had known the power of the R key. So many ships could have been saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,522 battles

Oh boy, guy uses range module on a yamato... No more comments.... (I'm sure he's wondering why his teams die fast while he's the last to go down...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
8 hours ago, robertunio1 said:

My two cents about Yamato's legendary upgrade - I do not use it because of it's 19% gun traverse speed penalty. IMHO legendary upgrade should give +31% max firing range instead of -19% gun traverse speed so Yamato would have 41.8km max firing range with spotter plane and this would be very close to her historical max firing range (42km). 

In WoWS, the sea is flat and not curved around the earth. In reality you probably wouldn't even be able to see your shots falling.

And in this game you need to get closer as the 20m timer will severely limit your damage potential otherwise.

42km range on guns in WoWS is utterly pointless.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×