Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SSGdoncollier

Italian pizza and torps

32 comments in this topic

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles

Italian cruiser players pls stop torping your teammates. I see you have long range torp but come on don't kill your ally. Everyday I got torped once or twice by Italian mafia. Pls stop... 

• Funny 8

[-TAP-]
Players
312 posts
8,199 battles

I'm sure the entire Italian cruiser playerbase will now adapt their playstyle in response.

In all seriousness though, just take some solace in the fact that they're already going to be "punished" by the medium of reduced credit earnings and pinky status. At which point they'll come into the forums to complain about going pink, and so the cycle can begin anew.

• Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,711 posts
12,042 battles

I was torped by a yoshino yesterday and our gearing had to keep dodging his torps.

These long range torps on ships with 12km detection and a big citadel mean you are risking your team mates almost every time you launch.

I would love it if Wargaming got rid of theses torps from these ships and give them 8km torps instead. Of course, they would probably need some sort of buff to make up for it.

• Cool 2

Players
1,277 posts
19,185 battles
11 minutes ago, SSGdoncollier said:

I got torped once or twice by Italian mafia

giphy.gif

• Funny 8

[KAKE]
Players
2,665 posts
6,404 battles

That's a very nice ship you have there. It would be a shame if something happened to it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[SHAFT]
Players
10,364 posts
9,122 battles

The problem with Italian CA torps is, that they are horrendously slow. Thats most likely the cause for more hits on teammates. Yesterday while playing Montecuccoli, i wanted to torp several times, but decided to drop it, because i had friendly DDs in the area.

Average player doesnt understand, that the torps are so slow. They often dont even understand the range limitation, how you think they will grasp, that their torps take ages to reach their target 10km away?

[-TPF-]
Players
4,035 posts
16,654 battles

The problem is the detection, which is 1k. They move slow but they are very difficult to spot, which is why they make such excellent harassment weapons. But that makes them excellent team killers. If you consider that some players can't spot Yudachi torps (2.5k detection) then 1k is positively lethal. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
77 posts
612 battles

If Italian torps are so painstakingly slow, would Italian players at least be so kind as to warn their allies of the danger? Shooting a short message via team chat might do the trick sometimes. At least I try to warn others if I see they might accidentally cross my torps and get hit.

On the other side, sometimes the mud hits the propeller anyway... and then there's lots of salty language and liferafts being thrown overboard. Lets not get too heated up over that... some of us are still learning after all :)

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,145 posts
8,990 battles
42 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

The problem is the detection, which is 1k. They move slow but they are very difficult to spot, which is why they make such excellent harassment weapons. But that makes them excellent team killers. If you consider that some players can't spot Yudachi torps (2.5k detection) then 1k is positively lethal. 

Wait I'm confused, the detection ranges only apply to enemy ships where as friendly ships spot their own teams torps the second they are launched provided the launching ship is within your render distance.

Is there something else you mean or did I mix something up? 

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,862 posts
14,127 battles

I've had a few friendly Italians make spirited attempts to torp me lately; the only ship that's actually succeeded was some utter knobwurt in a Myoko (?) yesterday - I dodged his first quality second line spread, and then didn't bother with the second. It wasn't some casual idiot either - his WR was in the fifties (I checked - just curious).

[KAKE]
Players
2,665 posts
6,404 battles
17 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I am tired of all these stereotypes. Mafia, pizza, pasta, cannoli.

Italy is more than that.

Capisci?

bertorelli.jpg.319810ab3dcc3c9717570d8bf74166f2.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
8,404 posts
9,218 battles
3 hours ago, Pandafaust said:

I'm sure the entire Italian cruiser playerbase will now adapt their playstyle in response.

In all seriousness though, just take some solace in the fact that they're already going to be "punished" by the medium of reduced credit earnings and pinky status. At which point they'll come into the forums to complain about going pink, and so the cycle can begin anew.

I actually wonder whether the torp does enough damage on all ships to get you pink...

Players
7,165 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

I actually wonder whether the torp does enough damage on all ships to get you pink...

Isn't the number of times not the damage you do that turns you pink? At least thats how world of tanks work when you turn blue. Which then also means anyone can shoot you without penalties at all.

Players
1,906 posts
13,212 battles
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

You can spot friendly torps from the get go, there is no such thing as torp detection range for your teammates fishes.

Problem is only their speed, or lack thereof, that means that unless you are very close to the DD/ship in front of you, it can change direction 4 times from the moment you launch them to the moment they reach them, making it near impossible to guess the outcome.

Players
194 posts
3,446 battles
4 ore fa, SSGdoncollier ha scritto:

Italian cruiser players pls stop torping your teammates. I see you have long range torp but come on don't kill your ally. Everyday I got torped once or twice by Italian mafia. Pls stop... 

Are you really afraid of the most pathetic torps in the game, overall when spotted at the very moment they are launched?

[ZEN]
Players
1,164 posts
13,382 battles

TBH I have hit one friendly with the torps but in my defence I was on a parallel course to him about 2km behind him with him also in front of me and targeting a ship going the opposite Direction... how was I to know the friendly Algerie would do a full u-turn broadside to a Scharnhorst at 7km and turn around and sail into my torps that where never gonna hit him if he hadn't made a very questionable manoeuvre... I think he might have been trying to get the other-side torps on his ship off, though the Scharnhorst at that point was so low that it was unnecessary...:fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,862 posts
14,127 battles
1 hour ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Italy is more than that.

Absolutely. For a start, the murals in Pompeii make quite an impression...

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,035 posts
16,654 battles
1 hour ago, Taliesn said:

You can spot friendly torps from the get go, there is no such thing as torp detection range for your teammates fishes.

Then I have an even lower opinion of some of my teammates than before.... 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
8,404 posts
9,218 battles
50 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Then I have an even lower opinion of some of my teammates than before.... 

Because they eat friendly torps? Sorry, but people typically have more important things to look out for than the ordnance launched by their allies. Launching torps that can result in a teamkill is not just terrible because it may kill, but because even if not, you basically limit the options of your ally and might distract him from more important things. Especially when we consider the quality of Italian torps, the payoff for hitting is nowhere close to the price that is paid if an ally loses their ship or most of their hp for it.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,035 posts
16,654 battles
27 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Because they eat friendly torps? Sorry, but people typically have more important things to look out for than the ordnance launched by their allies.

Indeed. I don't have much sympathy for people who can't evade torpedoes which, apparently, are slow moving and eternally visible (although I still think the torpedo warnings only sound in detection range).

It makes playing ships like Yudachi extremely difficult - any stray torpedo (for example one fired from close range and which evades the target) could travel halfway across the map and hit a friendly who wasn't even visible when it was fired. That's not a second line derp torp, that's just people not looking where they are going. 

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
4,952 posts
20,685 battles

Problem with italian torps is, they are so effing slow, that a ship on the other side of the map can manage to get hit by them taking a weird turn...

Which, of course, doesn't keep me from using them at maximum range... they make for a nice area denial weapon - as long as nobody sees who launched those torps ^^

And sometimes you can even hit and - wait for it - sink... an enemy with them.

Players
3,155 posts
19,572 battles

It's true, never have I been pink as frequent as while grinding the Italian cruisers. Also never have I given so little amount of :etc_swear:s about that to be honest :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this