You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pappus

Can CVs be made unreportable? I am tired of being constantly chat banned

162 comments in this topic

[P-W-C]
Players
5,906 posts
29,727 battles
21 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Even on that front I can ruin your day:

IDKe3xc.png

afe.jpg

You compensate the reports from the enemy by the good work you do for your team and they give you compliments. I also receive compliments (without them I would have 0 karma) though I don't play CVs all the time. I have 1053 karma so far. 

@Sunleader some people report me from the start when I bring GZ to the game. Some even say it in chat "report GZ such useless ship".... 😐

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,386 posts
17,534 battles

"Report function does not get abused."

ViJ7m9q.png

afe.jpg

And no, I didn't say anything since I'm chatbanned. Shocker, right? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles
37 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

"Report function does not get abused."

ViJ7m9q.png

afe.jpg

And no, I didn't say anything since I'm chatbanned. Shocker, right? :Smile_trollface:

I mean it is kinda funny. As cv player you get insulted more often - I wouldn't even have enough reports to handle all of that - you get reported on top and if you even say normal stuff chatbanned

• Cool 1

Players
66 posts
2,924 battles
17 hours ago, Pappus said:

Although it touches a bit on a different topic I want to discuss in the future without CVs weak AA has no meaning. The lack of smoke has less meaning. If you think of smoke/good AA being something a ship "pays" for in other areas. For AA specifically it kinda feels a bit that just a dice is rolled to determine if something has good or bad AA but never the less it is something that is a consideration when you look at a ship.

This is the part nobody wants to talk about because without CVs, AA is meaningless ... and this extends to fighter planes.

That would require going over each ship and readjust then, ships that have weak AA but strong secondaries would just have strong secondaries at no cost, something that is unlikely WG wants to do simply because of the sheer amount of work.

Worst for then as we seen with the Italian Spaghetti Rounds its gets harder to introduce new nations lines without getting too close to existing ones leading to ships ending up too similar since they kinda have to follow historical naval design so CVs being removed would lead to having one less class type to work with, even if historical carriers are limited there are some surprises such as HMS Warrior that served on the Canadian Navy before being sold to Argentine were it ended its service as ARA Independencia and this gives then room to work not only on CVs but also in relation to AA loadouts for non-CV ships.

The whole argument about then is pointless because we all know even if WG decided to remove CV it would not be long for the Forumites and Redditors to find the next "cancer that is killing the game".

Players
2,424 posts
11,663 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

You so toxic. Sad!

• Funny 2

Players
4,808 posts
245 battles
5 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

You compensate the reports from the enemy by the good work you do for your team and they give you compliments. I also receive compliments (without them I would have 0 karma) though I don't play CVs all the time. I have 1053 karma so far. 

@Sunleader some people report me from the start when I bring GZ to the game. Some even say it in chat "report GZ such useless ship".... 😐

I have 0 karma lol.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
1,028 posts
13,135 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Tbh I was complimented today by enemy DD while playing CV. Yes. Cause I played for the team as he said. First time in years playing reworked CVs and RTS ones (yeah I was hated then too by DDs, hunting them with torps - I still remember one guy on Isokaze calling me "evil venom" about 2 years ago :Smile-_tongue:

Well, sure, and good on you for playing with a "help your team mindset", but you have to realize the enemy DD appreciating being the focus of a CV is an exception, not the rule. But, it's nice that you played it well and the other guy took it well.

[P-W-C]
Players
5,906 posts
29,727 battles
12 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Well, sure, and good on you for playing with a "help your team mindset", but you have to realize the enemy DD appreciating being the focus of a CV is an exception, not the rule. But, it's nice that you played it well and the other guy took it well.

Well he said after the battle that I didn't "blindly focus him only" cause I tried to help the both flanks on my team that collapsed and I somehow managed to stop the pushing forces and won the battle for my team. Which he saw as very good tactics. 

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
Players
752 posts
13,294 battles
6 hours ago, WWDragon said:

This is the part nobody wants to talk about because without CVs, AA is meaningless ... and this extends to fighter planes.

The solution could be an off map air strike consumable. That would mean that ships would still have use for the AA but the planes wouldn't be controlled by a single player farming other ships while at the same time being untouchable.

I think like this:

* Number of "strikes"/player is set by tier. Low tier = 0 strikes. Mid tier = 1 strike. High tier = 2 strikes. Premium and SI gives one more each.

* The strikes have a long cooldown so that one player can't spam it.

* A max number of active strikes/team prevents the team from spam.

* Plane loadout of the strikeforce is different between the nations.

* Number of planes/wave increases with tier.

I can't decide if the strike should be called in on an area and the planes attack a random enemy ship in that area, or, if it only should be able to be called in on a ship that is spotted. (If the ship becomes unspotted the planes go to the last reported position and if the ship is respotted they attack.)

The first one has less control and can be used to scout out something like a cap being flipped. Not fun for DDs. The second is a bit better since it require some work before the strike can be called in and prevents the strikes from being used as scouts. I.e. the attack is made on a known target.

This is not a perfect idea but it's a start. I have no clue if it can be done but if we can have bot-CVs in the game then this should be possible.

[WGP2L]
Players
275 posts
14,521 battles
8 hours ago, WWDragon said:

That would require going over each ship and readjust then, ships that have weak AA but strong secondaries would just have strong secondaries at no cost, something that is unlikely WG wants to do simply because of the sheer amount of work.

Worst for then as we seen with the Italian Spaghetti Rounds its gets harder to introduce new nations lines without getting too close to existing ones leading to ships ending up too similar since they kinda have to follow historical naval design so CVs being removed would lead to having one less class type to work with, even if historical carriers are limited there are some surprises such as HMS Warrior that served on the Canadian Navy before being sold to Argentine were it ended its service as ARA Independencia and this gives then room to work not only on CVs but also in relation to AA loadouts for non-CV ships.

The whole argument about then is pointless because we all know even if WG decided to remove CV it would not be long for the Forumites and Redditors to find the next "cancer that is killing the game".

So which ship has currently strong aa? I mean an aa suit which makes the ship unique.

[KOR]
Players
316 posts
7,505 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, niclasknig sagte:

So which ship has currently strong aa? I mean an aa suit which makes the ship unique.

Montana and Ohio :) only ones 

[FJAKA]
Players
2,785 posts
438 battles
2 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

The solution could be an off map air strike consumable. That would mean that ships would still have use for the AA but the planes wouldn't be controlled by a single player farming other ships while at the same time being untouchable.

I think like this:

* Number of "strikes"/player is set by tier. Low tier = 0 strikes. Mid tier = 1 strike. High tier = 2 strikes. Premium and SI gives one more each.

* The strikes have a long cooldown so that one player can't spam it.

* A max number of active strikes/team prevents the team from spam.

* Plane loadout of the strikeforce is different between the nations.

* Number of planes/wave increases with tier.

I can't decide if the strike should be called in on an area and the planes attack a random enemy ship in that area, or, if it only should be able to be called in on a ship that is spotted. (If the ship becomes unspotted the planes go to the last reported position and if the ship is respotted they attack.)

The first one has less control and can be used to scout out something like a cap being flipped. Not fun for DDs. The second is a bit better since it require some work before the strike can be called in and prevents the strikes from being used as scouts. I.e. the attack is made on a known target.

This is not a perfect idea but it's a start. I have no clue if it can be done but if we can have bot-CVs in the game then this should be possible.

Why do you waste your time?

CV will not be removed from game

WG is right now happy with balance

they work on subs so any other class will not get heavy attention for a while.....2 years minimum

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
3,747 posts
19,925 battles
24 minutes ago, niclasknig said:

CVs

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
1,074 posts
11,942 battles
25 minutes ago, niclasknig said:

Mino and Wooster come to mind, mino really hurts no matter the tier.

[AAO]
Players
1 post
13,698 battles

Let me help you with the answer that I keep getting from every ignorant CV player ....

"Get good, just adapt ... Just dodge the reports " ...

• Funny 8

[INTRO]
Players
752 posts
13,294 battles
43 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Why do you waste your time?

CV will not be removed from game

WG is right now happy with balance

they work on subs so any other class will not get heavy attention for a while.....2 years minimum

You're right.

Why do I waste my time with a game that I no longer enjoy to play?

I will follow your advice and stop wasting all our time.

Thank you!

• Cool 1

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,446 posts
5,621 battles

dont get chat banned.. well not for playing CV :P

Kama is a big fat 0 but that might not be all playing CV. see above answer :P

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,062 posts
14,706 battles
On 11/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, Rionnen_marksman said:

If it’s happening as often as OP seems to be insinuating, then he is actively doing something to make people report him. He’s not good enough for everyone to report him cos they’re raging.

Im chatbanned 3 days a week on average. When I play a lot of CV (or dakka DDs) that goes up to 5 days per week. Sometimes I get chatbanned the third game after i got unbanned. Rarely can I last more then 10 games without getting banned. After nearly every game unser that I get reported in port. 
I like to coordinate with the team so I mostly always write in chat, which make chat-reports stick like glue ..

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles
47 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Im chatbanned 3 days a week on average. When I play a lot of CV (or dakka DDs) that goes up to 5 days per week. Sometimes I get chatbanned the third game after i got unbanned. Rarely can I last more then 10 games without getting banned. After nearly every game unser that I get reported in port. 
I like to coordinate with the team so I mostly always write in chat, which make chat-reports stick like glue ..

I kinda miss those good old times... 

29 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I have way more, 7! :cap_cool:

Showoff

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,062 posts
14,706 battles

Just logged in to this btw. My longest yet :cap_win:

shot-19.11.27_20.46.44-0638.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
2,424 posts
11,663 battles
14 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Just logged in to this btw. My longest yet :cap_win:

shot-19.11.27_20.46.44-0638.jpg

amateur

• Funny 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,906 posts
29,727 battles
9 minutes ago, Gnolfus said:

Never thought of simply blanket reporting CVs, is "misbehaviour in chat" the best one to use?

Kevin Hart 02082019162323.jpg