You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pappus

Can CVs be made unreportable? I am tired of being constantly chat banned

162 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles

I wouldn't mind as much being chat banned if I was still only playing CV but a bit of chat helps on the other classes which I cannot do, because I get salty reports against me constantly.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 15
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 13

[IBULL]
Players
92 posts
3,589 battles

I seem to get more reports when playing CV than anything else...because I cant be everywhere at once and dont have unlimited fighters with no cool down.

It is like playing a healer in an MMO, always your fault and everyone always knows better :)

• Cool 8
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
193 posts
1,368 battles
2 minutes ago, ArcheonSRF said:

I seem to get more reports when playing CV than anything else...because I cant be everywhere at once and dont have unlimited fighters with no cool down.

It is like playing a healer in an MMO, always your fault and everyone always knows better :)

With great power comes great responsibility! 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles
11 minutes ago, Pappus said:

I wouldn't mind as much being chat banned if I was still only playing CV but a bit of chat helps on the other classes which I cannot do, because I get salty reports against me constantly.

I'm being careful, but..

If you don't use chat, you can't be chat banned. So, you're not chat banned because you play CV's, you're chat banned because you haven't learned to not use chat when playing a CV.  Reports towards language are voided if the system determines you haven't used chat entirely, use that to your advantage. 

Secondly, you getting chat banned when in CV's seems to indicate you're using chat when playing them ( see above ) :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles

What I am saying?

Why are you whining we are winning.

Did you like that shima? Was it sick? (After cross torping him)

Match before I said: DDs how about this you give me +1 and I will just ignore your existance

• Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 5

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles
7 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I'm being careful, but..

If you don't use chat, you can't be chat banned. So, you're not chat banned because you play CV's, you're chat banned because you haven't learned to not use chat when playing a CV.  Reports towards language are voided if the system determines you haven't used chat entirely, use that to your advantage. 

Secondly, you getting chat banned when in CV's seems to indicate you're using chat when playing them ( see above ) :Smile_trollface:

Yes I do chat sometimes I coordinate with hydro/radar. Sometimes I try to explain why fighters are useless to prevent strikes. Sometimes I tell them I can't be everywhere at once.

The point is I should not have to stop chatting to abuse that reports are voided. The reports are the problem and not what I say.

Edit: Although I will rarely say something a wee bit over the edge it most certainly isn't the reason I am chatbanned 50% of the time.

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Players
69 posts
9,621 battles

Dont play a toxic class, problem solved

• Cool 9
  • Bad 4

[CATS]
Players
20,481 posts
12,546 battles

Yeah, trolls have a tendency to get chat banned. Working as intended.

And some people still complain the chat ban system would not work....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles
1 minute ago, Kartoffelmos said:

So you are being obnoxious in chat about playing a fundamentally boken class and now you are wondering why you get chat banned?

:cap_hmm:

Yes because when I was grinding my BB line I was not chatbanned once for two weeks. Now I play midway for 3 days in a row and I am chatbanned two of those.

I have no problems playing against CVs it is not my fault that the majority of the population in this game cannot figure out what to do about it and prefer complaining and blaming the class over looking for a solution that works.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 11
  • Bad 6

[NWP]
Players
6,826 posts
7,602 battles
1 minute ago, Pappus said:

I have no problems playing against CVs it is not my fault that the majority of the population in this game cannot figure out what to do about it and prefer complaining and blaming the class over looking for a solution that works.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.803c0a213ef3f1860ca4cf42ac56b4e8.png

Its not my fault, that people hate a class which is much easier to play than all others while having no downside to it.

Thats what you are saying, and your stats approve this.

Maybe we make CVs also invulnerable while we are at it... they arent pampered enough as it is :fish_aqua:

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Its not my fault, that people hate a class which is much easier to play than all others while having no downside to it.

Maybe we make CVs also invulnerable while we are at it... they arent pampered enough as it is :fish_aqua:

The only thing my stats show is that I played only CV for two years and then unlocked all other classes using mostly FXP without ever having fired a gun. Every time I come back to the game there is new lines, new gimmicks and new stuff and it takes time adapting each time and a better game comes out and I skitter off again.

So yeah when 50% of your games are CV games (most of it during RTS) then going straight into high tier DD german, leaving and coming back to british DD line reveal, leaving and coming back to italian line the stats will show that there was never enough time to properly learn the new classes to the same degree.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Players
972 posts
7,387 battles
30 minutes ago, ArcheonSRF said:

I ignore requests for fighters, only give em to deserving captains. I don't mind being chatbanned (im always chat banned nowadays since I just never shut up if i see too much window licking. I find it nauseating and bad manners but that's just me) but I won't support idiotic plays and will support decent players that play for the team. I upvote them too. I find that I enjoy the game more this way.

• Funny 3

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Reveal hidden contents

It isn't necessarily "easier to play", else less people would fail this hard at it. It's just once you passed the skill floor, counterplay becomes a joke.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,930 posts
3,640 battles
23 minutes ago, Pappus said:

What I am saying?

Match before I said: DDs how about this you give me +1 and I will just ignore your existance

Got exactly what you deserved then. Also your suggestion is quite frankly idiotic.

• Cool 9

Players
2,329 posts
11,315 battles
17 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

And to whom that hate should be directed then, if I may ask?

Would I like to get rid of (reworked and improved) CVs altogether, so that I could be able again to play DDs? Sure, immediately. Though I have nothing to say about that, and I like CV gameplay sufficiently that I'll replace my "dd gaming time" with it.

Direct your anger to the people who can change this crap.

• Boring 1

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles

@Pappus 

26 minutes ago, Pappus said:

What I am saying?

Read what you wrote.

23 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

So you are being obnoxious in chat about playing a fundamentally boken class and now you are wondering why you get chat banned?

:cap_hmm:

Then read what Kart wrote again. Here i even bold and underline the most important word there.

You chatted like a [edited] so you got reported for it, not because you play CV. Maybe if you stop chatting like a [edited] people maybe less inclined to report you.

• Cool 11

[NWP]
Players
6,826 posts
7,602 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Direct your anger to the people who can change this crap.

I would, but they will just ban me :Smile_teethhappy:

If WG would care, they should recognize the amount of hate CVs generate in game...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
508 posts
11,832 battles
15 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

im always chat banned nowadays since I just never shut up if i see too much window licking

:Smile_veryhappy: same here, i just cant keep my mouth shut

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
186 posts
4,415 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

@Pappus 

Read what you wrote.

Then read what Kart wrote again. Here i even bold and underline the most important word there.

You chatted like a [edited] so you got reported for it, not because you play CV. Maybe if you stop chatting like a [edited] people maybe less inclined to report you.

Asking someone that is raging in teamchat while we are handily winning is not an obnoxious question.

Asking if a sick play was cool is also not obnoxious. I have yet to get longrange crossdropped by a midway in a DD - in fact in any class. When someone makes a sick play I congratulate them too - like many others.

I am not the one writing [edited]you CV when I get killed by a CV - which actually basically doesn't happen.

The CV players are not at fault that people don't like how they play.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

Players
2,329 posts
11,315 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

I would, but they will just ban me :Smile_teethhappy:

If WG would care, they should recognize the amount of hate CVs generate in game...

Yea, you know well enough I wasn't personally attacking you here, but this general "we hate cvs so hating cv players is justified" makes me quite pissed. WG must be rubbing its hands in glee, seeing us attacking each other instead of them.

• Cool 1