You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

crushing down the numbers, Halloween season

18 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,264 posts
10,870 battles

Perhaps it's too soon to release this, but, at this point I'm a empty shell, soldiering on only by "muscle memory". I've nothing more left in the "tank".

The Grind grinded me down, I'm only waiting for the end of it.

But first I've got to say.

I love Halo Ops, and I love the traditional Halo ships. (Jackal, Igor, Svyatozar, Magnu-S)

So far, the only time in the year where I can dedicate my time to feed my captains with extra XP, and that's get in the way of enjoyment.

This it's my third year, what I don't understand is how awful some ships are.

Leviathan, Scorpioid, Maverick Just killed for me the respective ships they are based on

Of the cruisers, the Rust Nigthfall is the better one of this year, last year was Octopus, I didn't like it and I forced myself to play it because of the heal for the team.

I don't understand some dev decisions, mainly:

-  there are better choices to base a Halo ship from,

- instead of exploring ways to deepen the universe where  Jackal, Igor, Svyatozar, Magnu-S come from, they do Twilight crap ships 

at least last year I could choose a Varg  (closest thing to a Magnu-S) or a scarab

Moving on.

- I'm in my 39th consecutive day of Halo season

- I started this event with 441 Zulu Hotel signals, now I have 118 Zulu Hotel signals which makes 323 battles if I discard 20 battles or so in the beginning without any signals to "get back on the bike". That's an average of 8.28 battles per day.

- I started this event with 91k of Elite XP, now I have 1.500.389 (1 million 500 thousand and 389), I run out of special flags ( Dragons and such) in the third week in, around 800 k (in the beginning of the second time Saving Transylvania was on)

If I was fresh I could stretch further, maybe 1.7...but...most probably I'm going end half way to that

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,362 battles

I've dropped the mode until I need to retrain a 10-point captain, then I earn enough commander xp for that and sack it off again. It's not a terrible game mode, merely repetitive and annoying when other players agree to a truce then try to surprise you at the exit for easy filth.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,199 posts
13,780 battles

I just miss the Halloween-submarines, these were so much fun - and one could carry a bad team. 

All we got instead was rather boring submarines on the TST-server. :cap_old:

• Cool 2

Players
5,979 posts
11,604 battles
11 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I love Halo Ops

For a second I thought "Spartan-117?", but I loved halloween, especially Sunray :Smile_great:

While I do like the twilight battles, I certainly do not like the RNG part of it. I prefer my own wits being the catalyst and not a roll of the dice. And I liked Sunray better even though Sunray is already 3 years old now.

• Cool 2

Players
2,962 posts
16,897 battles
11 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

The Grind grinded me down....

...............I love Halo Ops, and I love the traditional Halo ships......

.................... 323 battles

Maybe I missed it, but what on earth was the point of playing so many battles and grinding yourself down?

323 battles ....Take a break?

Filth for camos can be collected in 60-100 battles with good 3 man BB division. 

Unless done in divisions, the old halloween scenarios are an excercise in frustration with the usual 2-3 gluesniffers each game.

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Oh, it's still Halloween update?

I forgot about it already as I found it very repetitive and boring.

Players
2,305 posts

I have just gone through the 500 reward line for the T8 skin and I am now 10/24 through for the T9 skin... the credits are good, the Commander XP is decent and the FXP isn't bad at all...

And if the teams agree to kill only bots everyone wins...

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Yeah, I've checked many account and it seems that on most of them the T10 camo appears in the last slot. What a coincidence.

That's why I gave up almost at the beginning and I'm very glad I did.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I think I played about four Halloween games then stopped. I'd been looking forward to them but the format sucked. 

[L4GG]
Players
3,264 posts
10,870 battles

well, today I took the day off. And felt good.

I'm not doing this for the camo or bundles I'm doing this to collect enough elite XP to have at least two 19 point captains, to jump start the collecting of points for others captains. To not be as dependable of rewards like I am until this day

6 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Maybe I missed it, but what on earth was the point of playing so many battles and grinding yourself down?

323 battles ....Take a break?

Filth for camos can be collected in 60-100 battles with good 3 man BB division. 

Unless done in divisions, the old halloween scenarios are an excercise in frustration with the usual 2-3 gluesniffers each game.

unfortunately and so far there weren't that much of a difference between being in a division or being solo, so, pretty much 323 solo battles

the old Halloween scenarios are the best ones overall, Twilight it's the most profitable but is so boring, I didn't like it since the beginning.

And when "Saving Transylvania" and "Sunray in the darkness" went out of rotation I didn't have any more incentive to go after Rasputin in twilight  like I had when the two old ops were in the rotation.

And it's rare the times I have a team willing to go after him, I don't see why Rasputin is there in the first place, often players prefer to go against each other, leaving the main attraction as a spectator.

I'm a little spent I'm not burned out , I just have to pace myself

7 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

For a second I thought "Spartan-117?", but I loved halloween, especially Sunray :Smile_great:

While I do like the twilight battles, I certainly do not like the RNG part of it. I prefer my own wits being the catalyst and not a roll of the dice. And I liked Sunray better even though Sunray is already 3 years old now.

Overall they were both bad this year, low rewards and stuff must have kept who knew this operations away

This year I enjoyed more Saving Transylvania, Sunray in the Darkness was bad, bad I had games were I was the only ship left at minute 9 or so.

And I enjoyed more last year event with Octupos and Leviathans than this year event.

10 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

....maybe im bad at reading but what is the point youre trying to convey?

A little venting, perhaps.

• Cool 4

[LEEUW]
Players
2,466 posts
10,110 battles
12 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

A little venting, perhaps.

The fact that you need to vent makes me even more happy I didnt even bother to play the Halloween-thingies. :Smile_great:

[L4GG]
Players
3,264 posts
10,870 battles
39 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

The fact that you need to vent makes me even more happy I didnt even bother to play the Halloween-thingies. :Smile_great:

The hardest part was  putting a high rhythm and maintaining it for 39 days no matter what.

some days felt like worse than work.

[MUMMY]
Players
471 posts
9,663 battles

This mode is utter garbage if you are playing with randoms, tried it for about 10 games or so but oh boy; your average randomer....

On the flip side get 3 people together who go in for fun and the hijinks and lols are great plus you bring home the filth. 

Got my tier 10 camo at the 20th slot, tier 9 camo still working on (currently 8), tier 8 camo first slot.  I wouldnt use special flags for this mode, slap a zulu, captain XP flag on and call it a day.    

Players
2,962 posts
16,897 battles
3 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

And it's rare the times I have a team willing to go after him, I don't see why Rasputin is there in the first place, often players prefer to go against each other, leaving the main attraction as a spectator.

I'm a little spent I'm not burned out , I just have to pace myself

Ok take care man! With clanmates playing 3 Croco, Rasputin is a breeze, and the extra filth means more base XP too. My clanmates and I had a blast warning off other players in chat and sinking any offenders on the way to Rasputin. We enjoyed the variety with a bit of PvP too...and nobody wants to pick a fight with triple crocos :)

Players
3,352 posts
12 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Hmm Masterchief as a skipper now there's a thought, Cortana could be his second in command:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,604 battles
12 hours ago, Palubarac said:

Yeah, I've checked many account and it seems that on most of them the T10 camo appears in the last slot. What a coincidence.

That's why I gave up almost at the beginning and I'm very glad I did.

Indeed, such a coincidence. Mine appeared at 22/24, which of course is 100% pure RNG.

Well I'm not buying it. I got it either very early or very late in the line with no exceptions on 2 accounts, which is absurd.

The best about this mode was the other resources I have gained (ecxp and credits) and that it was at least fun with a div.

Solo runs with a DD were more often frustrated as the gate seems to open mostly at the max waiting time of 11m, making me wait at the gate with other triggerhappy plebs for minutes on end with literally nothing to gain from that.

Divving is golden though in this gamemode, but the 'RNG' of the bundles is not.