Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GraySlayer

Moskva

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Angle, angle and again angle, otherwise she is a citadell pinata, she can bounce shells all day long. 

Guns are accurate with good penn, watch about soft targets, then she loves to overpen. 

She dosent like to be flung around due to her turning cyrcle witch is on the badish side. 

AP on BB broadsides, cruisers up close broadside she loves to miss the citadell due to flat arks. 

Just a few things i know about her. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,711 posts
12,042 battles

Find a position where you can angle against all enemy ships then tank damage while setting fires on battleship and citadel cruisers.

Don't roam around, it just doesn't work with this ship.

This ship can tank millions of potential damage when bow on but when broadside it eats citadels  better than probably any other cruiser.

Players
580 posts
3,185 battles
40 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Find a position where you can angle against all enemy ships then tank damage while setting fires on battleship and citadel cruisers.

Don't roam around, it just doesn't work with this ship.

This ship can tank millions of potential damage when bow on but when broadside it eats citadels  better than probably any other cruiser.

Ah ok I defo don't play her like my Donsky then as in her I kite away and open range a lot. Ok ill give it a try and see how I get on.

Now when you say angle what is the optimal angle? 30 degrees?

[XTREM]
Players
1,830 posts
14,102 battles
12 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

Ah ok I defo don't play her like my Donsky then as in her I kite away and open range a lot. Ok ill give it a try and see how I get on.

You can kite very well in a Moskva. Like any ship, what you do at any given time depends on the situation, but some ships shine in some instances more than others. 

It's not difficult to play. Don't show broadside if people are looking at you, sure. But the second, more common noobtrap with Moskva is getting stuck bow-in with no way out, and then getting farmed to death. 

Think ahead, vary your speed, keep angled, don't get stuck nose-in.

Then just pew pew, the guns are good for it at any range. AP is potent at broadside targets from midrange and below. You can citadel Yamatos, etc easily. 

• Cool 4

Players
6,622 posts
10,873 battles

Eh Moskva is hard and easy to play at the same time. The easy way: Park yourself on a flank, 16 km away from the enemys, straight bow on. Never move exept reversing if enemys push or (slowly) ahead if enemys runs. You are almost unkillable but you are not going to reach impressive damage by that. You can also tank like that like crazy, but when you team doesnt make use of it, its all in vain. Been there, done that. Tanking 3,7 mil, losing turret permanently, no way to turn out (since thats insta death as @Miragetank90 mentioned) and the BBs on my "team" hiding in the bakc behind islands.

The longer story: Moskva is an opportunist. Her dpm is really low with the exeption of finding broadsides - then you can harvest citas. You need very very good map and situational awareness to get into such positions without killing yourself.

Spoiler

Small video part of how to be an opportunist with Moskva:

- Also: dont rely on HE too much. Even against DDs I started to use AP since the damage is often better. Long range you can cita even BBs and cruisers anyway.

- Captain is also important. You want to have fire prevention in the current Meta. Because if you are stuck bow in and some HE spammer is farming you, Moskvas HP pool melts as fast as any other ship.

- Get the legendary module if you want to play Moskva. The accuracy is actually not that great. With LM it feels much better.

- Dont brawl light cruisers. On short range, the high velocity of Mosvas shells works against you. Mino will slap you so hard while you overpen her, its not even funny. Close combat you lose ever fight unless you surprise the cruiser and delete it with one shot.

And the final advice: if you want to play a Moskva, that is able to roam around, solo BBs in close combat with easy, run down DDs, overmatch Minos and have fun while playing - get the Henri IV.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,295 battles

Don't be this Moskva. Ate 11 Cits, before exploding in a glorious ball of flame.

nfxchncd.jpg

Players
7,165 posts
245 battles
6 hours ago, thiextar said:

get a stalingrad

Or ensk and bigensk when they come since reddit managed to create them for wargaming xD

• Funny 1

Players
390 posts

You park a Moskva and the following happens

BBs hit you för regular pens for 5-10k from the front

2 Other he spammers take away 20k

by this time the BBS have reloaded and repeat step 1
you are dead in 90 seconds while you dealt 19,700 damage

• Cool 1

Players
390 posts

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,339 posts
6,765 battles

The skills I use:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=2,3,5,12,14,17,28&ship=Cruiser

The last two modules: CE and range/legendary.

Tactic: Go to the nearby flank. If your flank is destined to win push, if your flank is destined to lose kite. Moskva's trajectories make it easy to hit targets and she is the best tank cruiser. See Mirage's post for some more details.

Last tip: Check out the armour layout in port.

• Cool 2

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,067 battles

Great that someone asked for the right ship :Smile_hiding:

Moskva is without a doubt one of my favorite ships and my most played ship overall

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.d3d81242ac92a204f554969a9b8ff2bc.png

First the upgrades: I run Main Armaments mod. 1, Radar mod. 1, Aiming mod. 1, Steering gears mod. 2 , Concealment mod. 1 and as long as you do not have the legendary run here Main Battery mod. 3 for the improved reload. (Sidenote the legendary mod. will give you +8% Firing Range then you will have an overall Range of 21km, -11% max. dispersion of main battery shells and -13% turret traverse Imo. it is absolutley worth it and i remember my first game i play with the LM i gave a Hindenburg on 20km a double cita.)

Captain Perk wise: PT, EM, SI, CE, FP, BoS, AR

you will have like 18 or 19sec of fire time with the India Yankee.

Consumables is very simple: Hydro, Radar, Heal

You are a big fat cruiser that sits on 14.1km detection range aka almost everything outspotts you. As some already written your armor is amazing as long as nobody gets your side then you are softer as a Mino.
It's always hard to say how you play a ship, because everyone has their own playstyle. But some advices:
The armor of the Moskva is only good at mid to long ranges. So always keep your distance to your targets especially BB's like 12km+. You have one of the fastes shells ingame so hitting DD's on max. range of your radar (12km) is not a problem at all. You are quite fast with 36.2knots (With Sierra Mike) so get in good positions is not always that hard.
If you see someone is shooting you from a long distance like for example a Yamato let's say 18km+ and you are full broadside go full stop and turn hard left (double Q)/hard right (double E).
Angling will take some time if you are not used to. Mostly on long ranges i angle similar to that:

Spoiler

Unbenannt.png.c26445d4abece196e06cd9e3b5b75830.png just ignore the weeb skin

when you are shooting on max. range i try to shoot as often as possible all of my guns include the back one for max. dps.
In General you shot HE for the most time and when anything is showing you broadside (you have 220mm guns but not the improved american AP angle) you can punish them. The AP is still very terrifying on any range.

tl;dr: Keep your distance from the enemys angle your ship and let them bounce. Never show any broadside and ignore the most fires since 18/19sec are not any long. And have fun with this awesome ship :Smile_great:

• Cool 3

Players
580 posts
3,185 battles

Thanks for all the tips, appreciate.

As I DO like to roam around and kite do you think I'm better off grinding Henri or something similar then and swerving Mosky?

Players
390 posts
4 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

Thanks for all the tips, appreciate.

As I DO like to roam around and kite do you think I'm better off grinding Henri or something similar then and swerving Mosky?

hindy zao or henri are much better than moskva for this. I play hindy with rudder and it is great especially AP on broadsides.

• Cool 1

Players
6,622 posts
10,873 battles
2 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

I would absolutly say yes. I myself like to roam around and/or kite in cruisers, thats why I was dissapointed with Moskva. Henri was everything I always wanted Moskva to be, tbh... And Henri by itself is an awesome ship. The speed, the guns are even better then Moskvas and you got the reload booster on top.

Since I recently uploaded a nice game with Henri, ill link it here aswell, its a nice coparision to the Moskva video I already posted. In the start there is also a situation, where I cita a Stalin on almost max range - shows the potential of Henri AP.

Spoiler

• Cool 1

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,067 battles

If you want to play kiting cruisers, then HIV is imo. the best Option. 240mm Guns compared with 50mm HE pen and reload booster is just deadly. It is also the only kiting cruiser i play now because it's so fun. The main problem is as you say, you need to kite something so someone needs to come at you aka your team needed to fail something. So it is your "mission" to slow down the enemy and carry it somehow. And we all know how big the average brain of the non division mate is....
That's why i like to play more cruisers with abilitys to get the upper hand right away like DM, Alaska, Moskva, Mino etc.

[-AP-]
Players
2,609 posts
6,386 battles
3 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Sounds like you are going waaaay too far forwards

[BOYS]
Players
130 posts
10,000 battles

Go to flanks so you can't be flanked. Stay out of concealment range if there's a possibiltity of enemy pushing you and you don't have support. Support your BBs. Don't use your bow to tank, use your angled side armor. Get the legendary upgrade.

Players
580 posts
3,185 battles
22 minutes ago, Breezewind said:

Go to flanks so you can't be flanked. Stay out of concealment range if there's a possibiltity of enemy pushing you and you don't have support. Support your BBs. Don't use your bow to tank, use your angled side armor. Get the legendary upgrade.

This is for Moskva right?

Sign in to follow this