You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What is the approximate total cost (FreeXP & Credits) if you do the "Flamu Method" for resetting the whole line several times consecutively without playing at all in order to get "Cobert" / "Ohio" ?

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,485 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

What is the approximate total cost (FreeXP & Credits) if you do the "Flamu Method" for resetting the whole line several times consecutively without playing at all in order to get "Cobert" / "Ohio" ?

Has any Forumite actually tried that?

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,145 battles

I resetted the shima line, it needs the least xp from T1-T10 and free xp-d it back with 5 coop games for the first win. 

It was approx 600k free xp. 

So effectively 600k free xp = 20k research points. 

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Soo, 600k per reset of the Shima line, and you'd need to reset it 3x correct, in order to get Ohio. 

1.8mil fxp = Ohio or Colbert. 

:cap_yes:

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,145 battles
5 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Soo, 600k per reset of the Shima line, and you'd need to reset it 3x correct, in order to get Ohio. 

1.8mil fxp = Ohio or Colbert. 

:cap_yes:

No because you only get 20k once per "research bureau season", normally a whole reset worth only 10k points. 

"season 2" just started yesterday, so now we have one more double. 

Thats why i take it slowly and wait until something more interesting comes to unlock other than a bad smolensk and bad kurfürst. 

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
Just now, kfa said:

No because you only get 20k once per "research bureau season", normally a whole reset worth only 10k points. 

"season 2" just started yesterday, so now we have one more double. 

Thats why i take it slowly and wait until something more interesting comes to unlock than a bad smolensk and bad kurfürst. 

Ah, i forgot the one session part, for a moment i thought you can just do multiple resets, :Smile_hiding:

Well, now you see what happenes when one dosent pay attention lol. 

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles
49 minutes ago, kfa said:

I resetted the shima line, it needs the least xp from T1-T10 and free xp-d it back with 5 coop games for the first win. 

It was approx 600k free xp. 

So effectively 600k free xp = 20k research points. 

harugumo is cheaper, and they are both above 600k

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/ct7ho8/fxp_needed_for_each_tier_x_ships_and_how_much_you/

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,145 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Shima line is 793650 (including all not needed upgrades like torps for the quick regrind), Harugumo is 812750, thats why i said Shima is the cheapest and around 600k.

Source: https://goldrino-power.com/calculator

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles
22 minutes ago, kfa said:

Shima line is 793650 (including all not needed upgrades like torps for the quick regrind), Harugumo is 812750, thats why i said Shima is the cheapest and around 600k.

Source: https://goldrino-power.com/calculator

why on earth would you get the not needed upgrades? its easier to just free xp all the way, and play the needed ships 1 match each stock in coop

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,286 posts
24,409 battles

Yes.You have it all here:

Free XP needed is actually arround 25 k for tier 5, and 60 k for tier 6.

So using the same common  tree line until tier 5 or 6, for 2 or 3 lines means saving 2 or 3 times 25 k XP. 

Tier 6, 7, 8 can be grinded in Operations or Ranked, another way to save free XP.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,145 battles
9 minutes ago, thiextar said:

why on earth would you get the not needed upgrades? its easier to just free xp all the way, and play the needed ships 1 match each stock in coop

oh my god please understand what you read

• Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,798 posts
14,068 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Has any Forumite actually tried that?

If you want to avoid being too profligate: I've been free-xping to around T5-6, and then playing properly from there; almost done the second one now...