You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miki12345

How to change language to russian (wgc)?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[ADRIA]
Players
290 posts
12,671 battles

Hello, i just wanna know how can i change the language to russian on world of warships via wgc. It only give me a few language options.

• Cool 2

4 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,584 posts
13,969 battles

It's not possible to set the EU client to Russian, as far as I can tell.

You would have to install the CIS server client in russian, and perhaps modify the settings.xml to enable you to connect to the other regions using that client (or install a mod that configured this for you), if that is still possible.

• Cool 2

Players
5,054 posts
On 11/22/2019 at 10:28 PM, Miki12345 said:

Hello, i just wanna know how can i change the language to russian on world of warships via wgc. It only give me a few language options.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:28 AM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

It's not possible to set the EU client to Russian, as far as I can tell.

You would have to install the CIS server client in russian, and perhaps modify the settings.xml to enable you to connect to the other regions using that client (or install a mod that configured this for you), if that is still possible.

I found the easy way. At least it seems to work.

You first go to your game files and the res folder. Open locale_config.xml file in Notepad (I use this usually for quick changes like fixed FPS rate), make the following change and hit save.

The second line probably reads like this : <locale_id>en</locade_id>

You need to change this 'en' to 'ru' and you should see this:

image.thumb.png.81dce490b000e1bc19448a30e1e15156.png

Now you start the WGC, and before launching the game go to settings, and you should see the Russian flag as an option. Choose that, launch the game and at least the UI will look very Russian. :Smile_bajan2:

Behold the beauty of Gangut right in front of the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg!

image.thumb.png.a775fd97d46da7c36aa9a528906ae2f7.png

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,584 posts
13,969 battles
15 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I found the easy way. At least it seems to work

Since patch 0.9.5 the language of the client is no longer restricted by the region of the client so it is no longer necessary to change any preferences manually, you can simply install the client for EU and select whichever language you want.

image.thumb.png.e40c54ca475a6be3de83c8200c3f678f.png

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-095-dockyard/#other-changes

image.thumb.png.668ac951f86468277ea0e30eaebc34a0.png

• Cool 1

Players
5,054 posts
4 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Since patch 0.9.5 the language of the client is no longer restricted by the region of the client so it is no longer necessary to change any preferences manually, you can simply install the client for EU and select whichever language you want.

image.thumb.png.e40c54ca475a6be3de83c8200c3f678f.png

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-095-dockyard/#other-changes

image.thumb.png.668ac951f86468277ea0e30eaebc34a0.png

Damn :Smile_facepalm:, I must have missed that. No wonder though, I didn't exactly read every little line in that article... :Smile_hiding:

I just remembered how earlier you were restricted to about half a dozen European languages. Nice change! Thanks for pointing that out for me.

I just hope the WGC would have similar options for WoT.. not that I play it much, and there aren't even native language crew voices in the game unless I'm missing something.