Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Molly_Delaney

Given Yamato for CB

13 comments in this topic

Players
555 posts
1,756 battles

I'm not sure how I deserved this but after a game earlier I got given Yamato & 2 other ships at T10 for Clan Battles.

Only have T8's and still learning those, not sure why WG think I should have T10.........

Especially as I'm not in a Clan!

Me is very confuzzled:fish_nerv:

(Mods: if wrong section, please move)

• Cool 3

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,959 battles

The rentals are there so smaller/ less experienced clans can get enough players and play clan wars and get some rewards out of it.

Don't really have a problem with it tbh as long as it is kept within clan wars (and not Ranked).

Players
1,720 posts
3,314 battles
19 minuti fa, Molly_Delaney ha scritto:

Especially as I'm not in a Clan!

That's a problem. I think WG should work on this.

Besides, I'm actually really happy that i'll get the rental Yamato today, since she's the soul reason of why i'm playing this game; so i'm happy that i'll be able to have a small taste of her. I can't wait for when she'll be mine, but i'm not in a hurry; currently I'm slowly grinding the Izumo (it takes its sweet @$$ time).

[KOKOS]
Players
266 posts
5,964 battles

lol same here only tier 8 i have is the cleveland which was tier 6 when i had it, and an irian which i got out of the new year loot crates

not even in a clan. but i got a monty for CBs

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles

It's annoying, my tidy ship line up is now one big mess with event ships, clan-only lend ships, try-for-24-hours ships and what not, and no way to dismiss those ships. Go away, if I want a ship I'll buy it.

Players
6,613 posts
10,866 battles
42 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

That's a problem. I think WG should work on this.

But what if he joins a clan this evening? Then he atleast has some rental ships ready. I can see nothing wrong in that. Cant you even hide rental ships in port through the options? Then everyone is happy.

Players
7,163 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

But what if he joins a clan this evening? Then he atleast has some rental ships ready. I can see nothing wrong in that. Cant you even hide rental ships in port through the options? Then everyone is happy.

Ehh, i turn down any clan offers regardless, since im just not interested (plus i don't have the time regardless).

The rental ships don't bother me it's the fact they think its a good idea to give them out when people like myself and molly are still learning the game (my only tier 9 that i grinded is the saintlouis my only tier 10 being midway).

Players
6,613 posts
10,866 battles
15 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

The rental ships don't bother me it's the fact they think its a good idea to give them out when people like myself and molly are still learning the game (my only tier 9 that i grinded is the saintlouis my only tier 10 being midway). 

In general I agree with you. But for clanbattles - imagine you have a clan with guys pretty new to the game and not everone has a T10 yet or even worse - you lack a specific class. Its possible you have 8 guys of whom 5 only have a T10 Bb (since we know how popular BBs are, thats not even unlikely). So 3 of those 5 can jump in a rental Cruiser and have the chance to participate in clan battles. And the only ones they are hurting with bad performance are their own clanmembers. So its up to them. btw: we got trolled hard a couple of days ago by a clan that used rental ships. Wasnt familiar with the clan name, thought of an easy win and then their rental BBs start to hammer citas on us and execute perfect play - check stats, turns out almost all of them are 60+WR guys with thousends of games. well played my dudes, 10/10 for trolling :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
555 posts
1,756 battles

I was just confused as to why I was presented with T10s for CB, when I don't know how to play them. Only have T8 DDs & T6 Cruiser & BB.

All I know about Yamato is she has big guns, can bow tank everything and ........... what?

Do I:

Sail directly at the biggest red ship and eat a full spread of torps from the flank? 

Hang back and have nothing to shoot at?

Yeah its nice of WG to hand out these ships but make sure the people getting them can at least use them constructively.

Or am I expecting too much?:fish_nerv:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7,163 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

In general I agree with you. But for clanbattles - imagine you have a clan with guys pretty new to the game and not everone has a T10 yet or even worse - you lack a specific class. Its possible you have 8 guys of whom 5 only have a T10 Bb (since we know how popular BBs are, thats not even unlikely). So 3 of those 5 can jump in a rental Cruiser and have the chance to participate in clan battles. And the only ones they are hurting with bad performance are their own clanmembers. So its up to them. btw: we got trolled hard a couple of days ago by a clan that used rental ships. Wasnt familiar with the clan name, thought of an easy win and then their rental BBs start to hammer citas on us and execute perfect play - check stats, turns out almost all of them are 60+WR guys with thousends of games. well played my dudes, 10/10 for trolling :Smile_trollface:

Yeah, i know what you mean, don't they have clan battles at other tiers besides tier 10? Guess the rentals show that even if you have a disadvantage your skills prove whether you are actually good enough to win or not.

Im surprised im near 60% winrate solo only atm 2,4k games in total lol.

• Cool 1

Players
6,613 posts
10,866 battles
9 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

don't they have clan battles at other tiers besides tier 10?

Last Seasons was T8. But the norm is T10, yes.

20 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Yeah its nice of WG to hand out these ships but make sure the people getting them can at least use them constructively.

Or am I expecting too much?

Well, yes? :Smile_veryhappy: I mean they shouldnt sell premiums then to ppl, that dont have any ship on that Tier for the same reason. Which I´d actually prefer they wouldnt. This bothers me more then the rental ships for clanbattles.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this