Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Europizza

This has to stop: autopiloting AFK and AFK behind islands

18 comments in this topic

Players
3,056 posts
19,487 battles

I've seen this happen alot this week, it's the new thing with this community apprantly. Important ships like DD's or capital Yamato's like in my most recent match, that sail around the map on full autopilot or go sit behind an island and go AFK. Usually they wake up when something important happens (and still suck and die), but in the case of the Yamato below, he just set a path through the1 line and went AFK. When sailing close to a near dead GK, the ship just kept sailing in a straight line, no effort to aim, guns didn't even twitch or move, no sign of a person behind the screen. He got deleted once broadside to the GK.

To whoever does stuff this, park your destroyer behind an island and go AFK, or set a path and go AFK, or all other stuff your [edited] brain can come up with to avoid being punished for making your crap decision: don't play random, ranked or anything PVP if you cant commit to playing with us. Play with bots if you can't be arsed, have a crap connection or might be distracted at any time. Thank you for your attention, which you surely didn't have in game.

image.thumb.png.da5b12a0290bbc3464c083318e188ee2.png

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

For some reason, this is indeed happening more and more often in the last few days/weeks - I am glad somebody else took notice.

If only we had some kind of report system to punish these players ... ;)

• Cool 2

Players
1,809 posts
15,364 battles
7 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

‘I pLaY fEr fUnZ’

his response would be.

... and apparently, losing all the time while doing nothing, and even when they win they still do nothing and just get carried, is "fun".

If they just want to see stuff shot at and blown up, they should go see a Michael Bay movie, play coop or a single player game, why on earth would you go into a pvp mode with that mind set... "I just play for fun" is a massive meme at this point, as I don't think this sentence has ever been uttered unironically by an actually decent player. Still, every time I hear someone saying this seriously, I can't help but laugh..

• Cool 1

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
Just now, Captain_Newman said:

... and apparently, losing all the time while doing nothing, and even when they win they still do nothing and just get carried, is "fun".

If they just want to see stuff shot at and blown up, they should go see a Michael Bay movie, play coop or a single player game, why on earth would you go into a pvp mode with that mind set... "I just play for fun" is a massive meme at this point, as I don't think this sentence has ever been untter unironically by an actually decent player.

Ikr, i mean ultimate admiral dreadnoughts would be the perfect game for these peeps too. Dont get me wrong i know things happen, but i just dont see how people can find watching your ship do nothing fun and exhilarating in general. 

True, i got in every match with the intent to win and do well. So that i dont greif my own team’s enjoyment and gimp my own plus worsen the grind as well at the same time.

Also peeps dont loike miss Poltava guess we will see moar of her soon (lol).

• Cool 1

Players
1,809 posts
15,364 battles

I mean, anyone can derp, misplay, do something stupid and get punished for it, possibly throwing a game. The difference between a potato and a normal person would be that a normal person feels bad about it, tries to learn from the mistake so it's not made again, perhaps recognize they're not playing well atm and take a break..

potato? "I just play for fun so <insert insult>".

But, getting slightly off topic here, apologies to the OP. TBH I think people who repeatedly afk like that should be punished more severely. I know connection problems and unintentional afk can happen, but when someone has been identified as going afk on purpose and keeps repeating it? Literally delete that account. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Just now, AmiralPotato said:

Sounds more like a bot program

This, everytime there are directives or grindathoons and sutch you tend to see a increase of" botting". 

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Sounds more like a bot program

The thing is bots usually follow the closest ship and will even bow tank, push use consumables and kill things (see dem nurnberg bots from that disaster pr stunt awhile back in the summer time).

just sounds like someone who suicided, cus a bot programme would just drive straight into the enemy regardless.

Players
3,056 posts
19,487 battles
44 minutes ago, genosse said:

For some reason, this is indeed happening more and more often in the last few days/weeks - I am glad somebody else took notice.

If only we had some kind of report system to punish these players ... ;)

I usually run out of reports within the first 2 or 3 matches :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,654 battles
5 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Should ration them then... 

If they are setting their Autopilot to avoid the AFK penalty then they probably are trying to keep their Karma, so they might care if they get reported. 

If they are on the minimum Karma then they won't even know that they have been reported.

I can't remember the last time I saw a 'You have been reported' message even though my Karma tends to fluctuate a bit.

• Cool 1

Players
3,863 posts
11,333 battles
Vor 32 Minuten, Europizza sagte:

Implying they would do anything useful. 

There is nothing that can be done about that. It's just how it is. 

Players
1,421 posts
8,520 battles

Lately I find that at least one player in scenario battles does this. They set the autopilot sailing along the islands in Killer whale  and do nothing at all. It's so frigging frustrating because we need everybody there. And of course, they wouldn't appear as afk players because they move several kilometers, but when you see their cannons pointing aimlessly towards the islands and not shooting a single shoot (or ocasionally randomly shooting at nothing) you know that there is some jerk who just left the computer running on its own.

Players
1,773 posts
18,925 battles

Always has been a problem, annoyingly it's usually the person in a top tier ship and can be of any of the 4 classes.

I just hope the reported for AFK actually has some value because even if they are a  ad player at least they would be drawing some fire. 

Players
1,421 posts
8,520 battles
3 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Always has been a problem, annoyingly it's usually the person in a top tier ship and can be of any of the 4 classes.

I just hope the reported for AFK actually has some value because even if they are a  ad player at least they would be drawing some fire. 

Actually I never found such issue before. It was in this patch... And I don't really know why, perhaps the improved autopilot thing?

I'm pretty sure that WG has enought resources to find out who does this and who doesn't. Like. Doing an average of people who does autopilot in such events...
Mind you, RIGHT NOW I'm posting this on my second monitor, while I play Killer Whale, I set my ship on autopilot because I have almost 2 mins of time from the time I kill the enemy ships and to position my Queen elizabeth to where I can kill more enemies.

Edit: So, for the purpose of "big data" up to this point there might be alot players who, after killing the enemy ships, moves towards the three posible points on this scenario. And there might be up to 2 mins where players usually set their autopilot and just wait until their ship gets into position...
But when you see a player which just moves towards this point and just moves along the islands, not shooting at anything (and I'm pretty sure that there are averages and data about someone who blindly shoots at nothing and a bad player who can't aim) well, WG can just ban or warn these players for going afk.

Players
81 posts
5,379 battles

The reason likely is "hit enemies 450 times with secondary fire.". If you only have this one goal, then autopiloting through areas that usually contain enemies seems logical. If you get sunk, then you won't get sec. hits. But if you play normally you rarely get in range for secondaries to fire at all, because doing that means you are good as dead. Also, you don't want to get enemies killed, because your secondaries can't fire at them then, so shooting primaries or torpedoes is just going to hurt your goal.

I've incidently seen an increase of spurious "attention to square" messages which look like a path and contain no useful information...

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,106 posts
20,018 battles

Seen plenty of such bots today. Truly incredible. I seriously thought my respect for the average playerbase has already reached rock bottom and yet here we are.

11 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

If it is the ingame option it doesn't do anything afaik.

If you do it via support the player will actually get suspended.

Don't be lazy, write support tickets.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this