Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

About Puerto Rico

49 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SVX]
Players
1,535 posts
18,414 battles

so i just have a question about the grind for the puerto Rico. after i have watched the flamu video i post it below i was just wondering if you are gonna use dubloons is it better to use them directly to speed upp the process since you get buidling per minute? or can you wait until the end of the event and use dubloons the last day ? what is the best way ?

 

 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, albin322 said:

s it better to use them directly to speed upp the process since you get buidling per minute? or can you wait until the end of the event and use dubloons the last day ?

 

I'd say it depends on the numbers you get on the live server.

 

I assume the one time boost (which is several millions on the PTS) will be turned down to a few thousand. The Points per minute though looks fine. If that's the case: Use the dubloon boost as early as possible, as it makes a huge difference of a bonus of ... let's say additional 300 points per minute runs for 20 days or just for 2.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,535 posts
18,414 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

 

I'd say it depends on the numbers you get on the live server.

 

I assume the one time boost (which is several millions on the PTS) will be turned down to a few thousand. The Points per minute though looks fine. If that's the case: Use the dubloon boost as early as possible, as it makes a huge difference of a bonus of ... let's say additional 300 points per minute runs for 20 days or just for 2.

that was my thinking exactly i have no problem using 3-4 k dubloons for a tier 10 ship so better to use it the morning the patch goes live!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,033 posts
1 minute ago, albin322 said:

that was my thinking exactly i have no problem using 3-4 k dubloons for a tier 10 ship so better to use it the morning the patch goes live!

I don't think 3-4 k doubloons will do it...I'd guess it will be at least 10k for each of the 'doubloon buildings', very likely it will be more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
898 posts

I did wonder if WG had thought that through.

 

At least on the PTS version, its clear that you need to dump your doubloons in the first minutes of the patch in order to get maximum benefit.

 

I wonder if the servers can even process all the projected transactions in the first few minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,535 posts
18,414 battles

also it would be nice to know how mutch would you need to play in order to this 100% free and is it eaven possible ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,033 posts
2 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

At least on the PTS version, its clear that you need to dump your doubloons in the first minutes of the patch in order to get maximum benefit.

without knowing the "real" numbers we cannot estimate if this will be necessary

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, albin322 said:

also it would be nice to know how mutch would you need to play in order to this 100% free and is it eaven possible ?

im wondering as well, seeing if i can actually bother with this event in general.

 

as i want to save my doubloons for other reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
3 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

When does this hit the live servers?

 

If everything goes planned: Patch 0.8.11 (so the next patch after the current live one)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NSVE]
Players
460 posts
14,842 battles
9 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

When does this hit the live servers?

 

Before the WG staff Xmas party... Vodka is expensive!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles

It would be better if dubloons gave you constructions points and not a bonus on built time.

 

A flat bonus on can be used at the end to get the points you need when time runs out.

While a speed up bonus is nice, it can also result in your spending dubloons and still not get the ship, because you had not enough time to play.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,535 posts
18,414 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It would be better if dubloons gave you constructions points and not a bonus on built time.

 

A flat bonus on can be used at the end to get the points you need when time runs out.

While a speed up bonus is nice, it can also result in your spending dubloons and still not get the ship, because you had not enough time to play.

or you spend dubloons when you dont need to cause you might should have made it without it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

also it would be nice to know how mutch would you need to play in order to this 100% free and is it eaven possible ?

25hrs a day for 8 days a week.

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
3,155 posts
8,096 battles

yeah, as soon as we get numbers for the live servers, we need some math/spreadsheet wiz to calculate how much you need to play for various amounts of dubloons spent, so that we can get the correct amount of dubloons the minute the patch goes live.

 

Honestly, it is kinda stupid that the doublons boost ticks over time, as it means that you should never buy the boost late into the event as that is extremely inneficient, so you are forced to plan it perfectly ahead.

 

The grinding should give points/minute, doublons should give a hard points boost

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,535 posts
18,414 battles

also is this gonna be the only time to get the puertorico ? if not whats gonna be the cost after this ? 28k steel like stalin ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
25 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

25hrs a day for 8 days a week.

 

You missed the 40 days in the one month patch period :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,261 posts
4,451 battles
1 ora fa, Inappropriate_noob ha scritto:

When does this hit the live servers?

Knowing WG, 0.8.11 should go live on December 12th (a Thursday as always).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
4,673 posts
17,588 battles

I'm going to be away for the first half of this patch.

 

I'm wondering how many doubloons I will spend on this when i get back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
7,967 posts
16,836 battles
32 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Do we know if the directives will be time-gated?

In the film the OP posted, the directives after the first one have padlocks on them, in the manner of recent ones - so, probably time-gated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,875 posts
7,295 battles

This time gating is a bit boring tbh. 

Though all the gripes aside, i have to hand it to WG, the build it idea and the construction animation looks fantastic o have to say. 

Slighty off topic. 

Wouldnt it be cool to have all ship one researches via playing, to be built in the same fashion in the premium dock? 

I know it is imposible this late in the game but it would be awsome non the less. 

:Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,261 posts
4,451 battles
5 minuti fa, Major_Damage225 ha scritto:

This time gating is a bit boring tbh. 

Though all the gripes aside, i have to hand it to WG, the build it idea and the construction animation looks fantastic o have to say. 

Slighty off topic. 

Wouldnt it be cool to have all ship one researches via playing, to be built in the same fashion in the premium dock? 

I know it is imposible this late in the game but it would be awsome non the less. 

:Smile_honoring:

That's a concept that I think deserves to be tested.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×