Chris_Bull

So.. is this really fair matchmaking???

15 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Players
1,111 posts
23,702 battles

Well, sorry to say but you should check your performance too which is kind of lacking.  Perhaps you're making some mistakes that also cost your team.  

Minotaur can be very fun to play and rewarding but she's a hard ship to master and not forgiving at all.  (In fact that was my first tier X ship and put me way deep into unexplored territories than I would have imagined, giving me a very hard time....)

Keep in mind that most battleships will not try tanking and thus offering you spotting so you can smoke and farm the enemy, bbs, usually like to hide behind all the other ships and let those do the tanking so they can farm damage in the end.... (yey..)
I recall one time in mino that I could have wrecked two battleships pushing me had I had some spotting by our full hp battleships that were running around, instead my team claimed that a Minotaur can spot while sitting in her own smoke! (Yes, those people were playing tier X)..

On a second note, I can feel your pain, my Thunderer is suffering from very low winrate (ok, she's brand new) but still I can't understand why my teams just suicide when I play that ship.

Try watching some reviews on youtube on how to improve your gameplay and by the way playing high tiers while you haven't managed decent performance on low tiers will only make you worst.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

1. The matchmaker does not consider player skill in any way. It only matches ship types, nations and tier. Skill isn't something that can be easily measured and a skill based matchmaker would sooner or later defeat itself, no matter what metric you use to measure skill.

2. For matchmaker discussions there is a dedicated thread to be found here:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/114098-matchmaker-discussion-thread-mm-balance/

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,111 posts
23,702 battles
25 minutes ago, principat121 said:

complaining about "skill distribution"

also 

hiding his stats

:cap_like:

His stats are not hidden, just check the correct name

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,835 posts
8,923 battles
18 minutes ago, tsounts said:

His stats are not hidden, just check the correct name

screenshot-wows-numbers.com-2019_11.22-12_55_50.jpg.181280528f9123947ba61d9cf93bb3de.jpg

edit

nevermind...

that is his "forum account" 

but his Thanster1 account isn't impressive either

Edited by principat121
  • Cool 1

Players
5 posts
1 hour ago, tsounts said:

Well, sorry to say but you should check your performance too which is kind of lacking.  Perhaps you're making some mistakes that also cost your team.  

Minotaur can be very fun to play and rewarding but she's a hard ship to master and not forgiving at all.  (In fact that was my first tier X ship and put me way deep into unexplored territories than I would have imagined, giving me a very hard time....)

Keep in mind that most battleships will not try tanking and thus offering you spotting so you can smoke and farm the enemy, bbs, usually like to hide behind all the other ships and let those do the tanking so they can farm damage in the end.... (yey..)
I recall one time in mino that I could have wrecked two battleships pushing me had I had some spotting by our full hp battleships that were running around, instead my team claimed that a Minotaur can spot while sitting in her own smoke! (Yes, those people were playing tier X)..

On a second note, I can feel your pain, my Thunderer is suffering from very low winrate (ok, she's brand new) but still I can't understand why my teams just suicide when I play that ship.

Try watching some reviews on youtube on how to improve your gameplay and by the way playing high tiers while you haven't managed decent performance on low tiers will only make you worst.

Thanks for the somewhat constructive response, more so than some others.   Wasn't looking for play advice (I know I have work to do on my game) just noticed a strong trend lately that winning teams (especially when its a drubbing) are usually packed with far more rank1/senior clans than the losing team.   and wanted to discuss that trend (someone else pointed out a pinned thread on matchmaking If I feel like being burnt some more I might take the subject up there. 

Players
5 posts
22 minutes ago, principat121 said:

screenshot-wows-numbers.com-2019_11.22-12_55_50.jpg.181280528f9123947ba61d9cf93bb3de.jpg

edit

nevermind...

that is his "forum account" 

but his Thanster1 account isn't impressive either

So, because I have marginally below average stats, rather than being some kind of unicum I can't enter into a discussion on matchmaking OK.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,835 posts
8,923 battles
1 minute ago, Chris_Bull said:

So, because I have marginally below average stats, rather than being some kind of unicum I can't enter into a discussion on matchmaking OK.

You can. There is even a special threat only to discuss the MM. But you didn't used it. Why?

And the second obvious point is that those "complains" about a somehow "unfair" MM is usually started by sub-average players, who lack the needed insight into the game mechanics to understand how everything is connected. 

Third: There is nowhere writen down that the MM have to be or should be "fair". There isn't even a definition of what is "fair". 

At at last: Rank 1 in Ranked Sprint says what about the skill of a player? Do you really think, that you need even a slightly bit of skill to reach Rank1? No - you just need perseverance and nothing more. 

This all sums up to a very fitting picture about your skill (capacities). 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,967 posts
5,376 battles
4 minutes ago, principat121 said:

At at last: Rank 1 in Ranked Sprint says what about the skill of a player? Do you really think, that you need even a slightly bit of skill to reach Rank1? No - you just need perseverance and nothing more. 

Mostly just takes being as stubborn as a mule, and a lot of time from what I've seen..Although I guess you could call it perseverance instead.

Players
5 posts

thankyou for your constructive feedback, I didn't post in the pinned thread on the subject because I didn't find said thread. I posted in a newbie area.    I see you have impressive stats, good for you.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,039 posts
10,881 battles
3 hours ago, Egoleter said:

2. For matchmaker discussions there is a dedicated thread to be found here:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/114098-matchmaker-discussion-thread-mm-balance/

1 hour ago, Chris_Bull said:

Of course you can OP,

you can go into any discussion about MM,

but we prefer that you do so in the dedicated MM discussion topic,

linked in the above quote (courtesy of @Egoleter)

This topic will be closed now.