You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VPH030

Poltava in the shop

99 comments in this topic

[J4XP2]
Players
57 posts
13,286 battles

So, as the title says, she is here. Any opinions? The description says she is a BB with normal (so not RU) dispersion... but I am not sure if this is exactly a good thing or not... I know that in all other aspects she is considered weaker than the silver counterpart... Happy Friday and happy hunting.

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,198 battles

oh man, i read Pobeda at first...

giphy.gif

• Funny 6

[JRM]
Players
6,762 posts

Well Poltava 9x14" vs KGV and DOY 10x14" and even those are meh, why would we buy it again?

• Cool 1

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

Yeah looking at reviews it's basically a Russian KGV without the standard Russian dispersion model...so basically kinda pointless...

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,369 battles
20 minutes ago, kfa said:

oh man, i read Pobeda at first...

I feel you man, I so feel you.

That says something about people expectations :D

[SHAD]
Players
2,698 posts
12,015 battles

1.70 sigma with normal battleship dispersion and no  25mm overmatch?

Not for me.

Just noticed that Wargaming calls the guns ‘highly accurate’

similar dispersion to the Gneisenau and worse sigma. Something is wrong here!

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
19 minuti fa, Yedwy ha scritto:

Well Poltava 9x14" vs KGV and DOY 10x14" and even those are meh, why would we buy it again?

Also Poltava, while having better armor scheme, has slower reload.

[JRM]
Players
6,762 posts
18 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

Yeah looking at reviews it's basically a Russian KGV without the standard Russian dispersion model...so basically kinda pointless...

I mean it prob has better armor then the kgv class but hardly worth the cash, esp since the sharn should get an acuracy buff soon...

The only way this would make sence is if its really really good at sniping although with 18km range IDK if that is a sniping ship as such...

IDK if detectability is low enough for a hit and run bb?

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
21 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I mean it prob has better armor then the kgv class but hardly worth the cash, esp since the sharn should get an acuracy buff soon...

The only way this would make sence is if its really really good at sniping although with 18km range IDK if that is a sniping ship as such...

IDK if detectability is low enough for a hit and run bb?

concealment is 12.2KM that's with a camo and concealment expert I'm assuming looking at NoZoups video so it's pretty good but apparently it basically gets standard BB dispersion and is about as accurate as the new mexico but without the 3 additional guns for the shotgun effect.

[JRM]
Players
6,762 posts

Yeah I was looking it up as well, seems it has some potential as a hit n run bb BUT for instance - I have Roma and she has even better concealment AND is armed with 9x15" that have enormeous penetration AND she is faster (ok a knot faster but still faster) AND she was a real ship built in steel... So if I want a hit n run game why not Roma? Ok she is T8 but with the new MM that is much less of an issue then before

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,616 posts
20,461 battles

it looks like WG is hellbent on pushing out badly tested designs, just to make a little bit of money. Luckily it won't be my money.

• Cool 4

Players
7,160 posts
245 battles
50 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

it looks like WG is hellbent on pushing out badly tested designs, just to make a little bit of money. Luckily it won't be my money.

But den they can buff her later :Smile_trollface:

[SV]
Players
948 posts
12,932 battles

never gonna buy or own a ship named of the worst military defeat in swedish history. altough i shall focus it extra mutch !!!!

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
6,762 posts
15 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

But den they can buff her later :Smile_trollface:

Buff or no isnt so much the issue, Im sure she is managable or they would have prebuffed her already but the question is - what role does she perform that something else in game/my collection doesnt already...

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
948 posts
12,932 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Buff or no isnt so much the issue, Im sure she is managable or they would have prebuffed her already but the question is - what role does she perform that something else in game/my collection doesnt already...

i have almost stoped buying ships at all have over 200 havent time to play them all :P

• Cool 1

Players
7,160 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Dunno, if they make her better, such as moving her bow amrour belt up moar and making her guns moar accurate you could ditch the sinop maybe.

Otherwise without making her broken im not sure what they could do too be honest.

Players
1,833 posts
15,434 battles
Just now, CptBarney said:

Dunno, if they make her better, such as moving her bow amrour belt up moar and making her guns moar accurate you could ditch the sinop maybe.

Otherwise without making her broken im not sure what they could do too be honest.

Seems to me that the Sinop is still straight up better. I'll save my money.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
823 posts
9,461 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

I was actually wondering if we were going to get a few meh-boats released in the run up to Christmas, so that WG had something to pad out the Christmas boxes with. After all, probably a lot of players by now already have most of the performance-proven premiums, so would be in line for large doubloon drops as compensation.

• Cool 1

Players
7,160 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

Seems to me that the Sinop is still straight up better. I'll save my money.

Now we just need to see how miss borodino will perform.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,762 posts
9 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

I dont even play Sinop unless its T7 (sprint) rank TBH, only RU BB I take out somewhat regurarly (and even that is rare thing in comparison) is Kreml just becouse its so stupidly OP, you sometimes just need the giggles...

But when you consider all the accuracy at distance thing and testing results we had seen I am almost tempted to buy her just to see if I can make her work

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,616 posts
20,461 battles
7 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I was actually wondering if we were going to get a few meh-boats released in the run up to Christmas, so that WG had something to pad out the Christmas boxes with. After all, probably a lot of players by now already have most of the performance-proven premiums, so would be in line for large doubloon drops as compensation.

The thing is, last two years Christmas boxes excluded recent (~3 month) premiums.

• Cool 1

Players
7,160 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I dont even play Sinop unless its T7 (sprint) rank TBH, only RU BB I take out somewhat regurarly (and even that is rare thing in comparison) is Kreml just becouse its so stupidly OP, you sometimes just need the giggles...

But when you consider all the accuracy at distance thing and testing results we had seen I am almost tempted to buy her just to see if I can make her work

Yeah, she does seem to have gud dispersion (almost BC like) signma is 1.7 but then if they buffed that to 1.8.1.9 could be a little too good.

Suprised by the reload was expecting 24-25 but eh it is what it is.

Doesn't seem bad just above average atm.

Players
7,160 posts
245 battles

So poltava top tier skip to 10mins 10 secs for gameplay examples and 14:17 for when the match start (not much before then just random commentary).

And when shes bottom tier, against a musashi and cv's.