You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EmilyKing

Are People Stupid or Greedy?

58 comments in this topic

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles

Operation Killer Whale. 

Ahhh yes. People who get to the cap. then stop outside. and refuse to go in. till time runs out. All for a few more points of damage. Or people who're far away from the cap and have no chance of making it before time runs out, they just have to die and then we'll have enough ships in the circle. Instead they run away and stay alive... and lose us the game

What on earth is going on, how are some people so braindead? Tier 6 and they still don't know how this works? 

Literally just lost what would have been a 4 or 5 star completion because some d*****bag in an Izmail sat outside the cap and refused to move. 5 ships alive, 2 in, 2 out and far away, the Izmail close to the cap, slowed to a stop at full throttle and sat right on the edge, and then left it too late to start moving again. Literally for the last min we were telling them in chat to start moving and they just ignored us. It's a shame forum rules don't let us name and shame people like that because they thoroughly deserve to be.

When I die I want world of warship players to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time.

• Cool 3

Players
2,920 posts

I mean its both.

Also a lot don't know ops at all.

I asked today since my team was staying idle and clueless after killing the ships in port why they behave like that ( I was polite and dis is a BIG rarity right there for me) and they replied (4 out of 5 alive) they didn't know what to do. After I explained we managed to win four stars by the skin of our teeth and after I broke a personal record in dmg in Ranger. It wasn't an easy win. It was good and exciting.

If you ask why it happens, two answers. Newbies and people that don't know well enough English to be able to translate instructions in the heat of battle. Some kind of tutorial is needed or idk I have raised subject before some very angry people appeared and shut me down quick so I just leave at that :) Cheers o7

• Cool 5

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles

That Izmail clearly knew what to do tho. And just let greed get the better of them. Just so unnecessary. They would have gotten more xp and creds if they had gone and won the battle instead of trying to get that 1 more hit in

[-TPF-]
Players
4,009 posts
16,538 battles

They're just dumb, I'm afraid. Just had a game thrown by a Furious - of all carriers - at full health, 6k from the cap who didn't seem to understand that as the last ship alive, all he had to do was get in and we'd all double our money. He sat there, afraid to tank, we all wasted a game. What's the point?

• Cool 1

Players
277 posts
6,062 battles

I'm going stupid!

Was in Killer Whale last night and a guy argued that half of the team needed to escape, but failed miserably to understand it was half the team left alive.

He ranted at me going north and then really abused me for ramming one of the target BBs when there were 4 of us left with him and another sitting in the cap, in smoke! :fish_glass:

Not even a compliment when we got five stars! Sigh. Lol

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles
Just now, invicta2012 said:

They're just dumb, I'm afraid. Just had a game thrown by a Furious - of all carriers - at full health, 6k from the cap who didn't seem to understand that as the last ship alive, all he had to do was get in and we'd all double our money. He sat there, afraid to tank, we all wasted a game. What's the point?

i feel you. it's just so frustrating when you have 1 person choosing to waste 6 other people's time and effort. I was definitely very frustrated at the outcome of having thrown a very good result away.

Luckily so far I've had more good games than crap like this happen. But then crap like this shouldn't happen at all. Not knowing what to do, fine. Frustrating but I don't want to be too angry about it. But someone who clearly knew what to do and was just being selfish and greedy... that was just... inexcusable.

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles
2 minutes ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

I'm going stupid!

Was in Killer Whale last night and a guy argued that half of the team needed to escape, but failed miserably to understand it was half the team left alive.

He ranted at me going north and then really abused me for ramming one of the target BBs when there were 4 of us left with him and another sitting in the cap, in smoke! :fish_glass:

Not even a compliment when we got five stars! Sigh. Lol

Wish i could gather a bunch of people who mainly do ops and know what to do and are reliable teammates.

• Cool 1

Players
1,002 posts
14,454 battles

Shame really, this is the only T6 Op I play where a CV is more of a help than a hindrance. If the CV driver knows what to do. And isn't a brainded 45% WR looking for an easy carry to level up their T6 CV. And the rest think to shoot at the ships shooting the team before letting rip on the transports and buildings. And can read.

3 minutes ago, EmilyKing said:

Wish i could gather a bunch of people who mainly do ops and know what to do and are reliable teammates.

Trouble is all the dedicated Operations players (look in the Operations channel in Port) are too busy farming Narai* to improve the random pool in Op of the week. Add me as a contact, I'll div with you for KW.

Edit: *in the evenings.

• Cool 3

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles

on the flipside i wish there were more compliments available. when i get a good team where people all know what to do and work as a team i want to compliment all 6 of them, you literally run out of compliments in 2 games

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles
25 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Shame really, this is the only T6 Op I play where a CV is more of a help than a hindrance. If the CV driver knows what to do. And isn't a brainded 45% WR looking for an easy carry to level up their T6 CV. And the rest think to shoot at the ships shooting the team before letting rip on the transports and buildings. And can read.

Trouble is all the dedicated Operations players (look in the Operations channel in Port) are too busy farming Narai* to improve the random pool in Op of the week. Add me as a contact, I'll div with you for KW.

will do. let me finish this op and i'll add you in a bit

• Cool 1

Players
6,606 posts
10,790 battles

Its one of those operations, that you just cant play solo anymore. You are doomed and at the mercy of those pigeons, you have as so called "teammates" these days.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Its one of those operations, that you just cant play solo anymore. You are doomed and at the mercy of those pigeons, you have as so called "teammates" these days.

i mean, to be fair, it's been 2 out of maybe 6 or 8 ops played so it's not as bad just that when stuff like this happens it sticks out more, the frustration tends to be remembered more. but yea it's definitely nice to have at least a few reliable teammates to reduce the chances of it happening further

[JRM]
Players
6,722 posts
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

That Sr is frankly insulting to pigeons...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,850 battles
45 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

ok added you :D

• Cool 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,015 posts
6,816 battles

OP - Both of those, plus you forgot stupid and/or uneducated about how to complete the Op.

Mainly it's just stupidity though :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,249 posts
9,063 battles
1 hour ago, EmilyKing said:

i mean, to be fair, it's been 2 out of maybe 6 or 8 ops played so it's not as bad just that when stuff like this happens it sticks out more, the frustration tends to be remembered more. but yea it's definitely nice to have at least a few reliable teammates to reduce the chances of it happening further

Dunno how long you have been around, but i used to play Solo OPs quite often when they were new. And even enjoyed it! Now, i wouldnt even dare to try it, its too much frustration :Smile_sad: If i use my freetime to play a game, i wanna have fun doing it, not feel bad because of it.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,931 posts
20,580 battles
2 hours ago, EmilyKing said:

Are People Stupid or Greedy?

It's "and"...

It's always "and" not "or".

And the answer is "yes"

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
17,533 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, EmilyKing sagte:

Operation Killer Whale. 

Ahhh yes. People who get to the cap. then stop outside. and refuse to go in. till time runs out. All for a few more points of damage. Or people who're far away from the cap and have no chance of making it before time runs out, they just have to die and then we'll have enough ships in the circle. Instead they run away and stay alive... and lose us the game

Compare Killer Whale with a Standard random battle. In Standard battle many players don't understand  that they have to defend their base. It is a simple "capture the flag" principle but already too complicated for all the Einsteins. Killer Whale is much more complicated in comparison. "I have to get killed in order to win? What a befiddling concept"

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,000 posts
10,815 battles

usually greedy people are stupid :)

so we have that.. in general human population I mean..

Not in the game..

no... WOWs players are absolutely terrific.. Intelligent, amazingly sophisticated human beings!

• Funny 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,099 posts
11,146 battles

There are still people using deepwater torpedoes on destroyers, despite there being an ingame written warning on the UI in battle that it's not possible.

WoWS players are basically illiterate trained chimps, minus the training.

Here is a fresh insight into the big thinks from the playerbase:
shot-19_11.20_22_29.50-0063.jpg.48527857ce88fcaff9b34159f6e8baed.jpg

New Mexico staying out of range, because the enemy we're outnumbering might actually fire at him, rather than the 2 cruisers tanking for him.

• Funny 4

[TTT]
Players
1,444 posts
13,334 battles
38 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Not in the game..

no... WOWs players are absolutely terrific.. Intelligent, amazingly sophisticated human beings!

What ever it is you are having... share it please imidiately...!

I want to see the world like this too! O_O

• Funny 5