29 comments in this topic

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,412 posts
4,670 battles

bulletin-0811_1_1920x1080.jpeg

Captains! :cap_happy:

With the holiday season drawing near, it’s the perfect time to dive into the gleaming atmosphere of the festively decorated Port of New York. You can also enjoy a special New Year event with a new collection to gather; stocks of Coal, Steel, and other in-game goodies to collect; and new ships to obtain!

Please note: the rewards for activities on the Public Test server may differ from the rewards credited on the live server.

Snowflakes

In Update 0.8.11, Snowflakes with holiday victory bonuses will be placed on all ships of Tier V and above.

Snowflakes blown off Tier V–VII ships will bring 400–750 Coal; Snowflakes from Tier VIII–IX ships will bring 75 Steel; and victorious battles with Tier X ships will bring good old Santa's Gift containers. The latter have a certain chance of dropping one of many Premium ships, as well as other enticing rewards (e.g. doubloons).

bulletin-0811_1920x1080.jpeg

Dockyard

You’ll find a personal Dockyard in your Port, ready for the construction of   flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22special_333a61069a325ba8314cbbae96c1a345 X Puerto Rico  . The process of constructing the ship is split into several stages. To complete the ship, you must go through all the stages of construction, from laying the keel to installing the ship’s armament and deck equipment. Completing each stage will bring you valuable rewards, but the final and most valuable reward is the ship herself. The cherry on the cake is that she comes with a festive permanent camouflage mounted.

It will only be possible to construct the cruiser during Update 0.8.11. In order to complete work on her in good time, you’ll need to erect various structures at the Dockyard. These structures will become available sequentially, and building them will require Shipbuilding Tokens—a special temporary resource. You can collect these Tokens by actively progressing through the Directives of the event, and then you can use them to accelerate the construction process. If you lack Tokens, simply use doubloons to speed up the process instead.

bulletin-0811_2_1920x1080.jpeg

Event Directives

The event consists of seven Directives. By completing these Directives and their missions, you'll get  flag_Italy_206c77d5bf356559100ac3e95fdb7premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7e VII Gorizia, various in-game goodies, Santa's Gift containers, Shipbuilding Tokens, and Shipbuilding containers. These containers drop elements of the new collection in addition to many other desirable items.

bulletin-0811_1920x1080 (1).jpeg

Keep in mind that you won't be required to complete all seven Directives to replenish your collection of ships. To get your hands on flag_Italy_206c77d5bf356559100ac3e95fdb7premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7e VII Gorizia, you only need to complete three out of the seven Directives. The remaining four Directives are aimed at the most determined "Sea Wolves"—those Captains who have their hearts set on speeding up the construction of the much-desired  flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22special_333a61069a325ba8314cbbae96c1a345 X Puerto Rico.

Shipbuilding Collection

The new collection consists of 20 elements related to various stages of the shipbuilding process, taking WWII-era U.S. large cruiser  X Puerto Rico as the example. The collection offers you insights into how a warship is built from a variety of viewpoints. It starts from the keel-laying stage, then moves to the perspectives of those involved in the construction process, the machinery used at dockyards, and the ship’s armament and equipment. Each completed subcollection will reward you with 1 day of Warships Premium Account. The reward for completing the entire collection is a Santa's Big Gift container.

On the Public Test server,  VII Gorizia and  X Puerto Rico will be replaced with other rewards.

[ST-EU]
Beta Tester
200 posts
9,480 battles

Is it meant to be that the ship building containers dont give any Ship building tokens?
There is only a mission for tokens via Ranked Battles otherwise its the Directives completion to get any tokens,
Seems like a bit of an oversight 

Beta Tester
9 posts
10,057 battles

Quick feedback:

1. Shipbuilding is really nice! Keep going!

2. Shipbuilding containers as tier 10 snowflake rewards (I did NOT get Santa containers!?) feel somewhat underwhelming compared to steel at tier 8/9. I only had 2 t10 ships in port though. Will there be other containers as reward for t10?

Edited by Fat_Rat_csb

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,412 posts
4,670 battles
12 hours ago, Fat_Rat_csb said:

Quick feedback:

1. Shipbuilding is really nice! Keep going!

2. Shipbuilding containers as tier 10 snowflake rewards (I did NOT get Santa containers!?) feel somewhat underwhelming compared to steel at tier 8/9. I only had 2 t10 ships in port though. Will there be other containers as reward for t10?

It will be Santa Containers on live server. As was mentioned, rewards on PT may differ from rewards on live servers. Shipbuilding containers are given there to boost ship building and collecting items for the collection.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,033 posts
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Shipbuilding containers are given there to boost ship building and collecting items for the collection.

this is a point I didn' t get until now: How do those containers help in building the ship :fish_glass:? As far as I can I get 'only' a collection item and stuff like credits, doubloons, FreeXP, camo... from them...

[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles

The dockyard looks great and you should use that for future events.

Playing the game to get tokens and built the ship, looks fine, unless it becomes too grindy.

Using dubloons to speed up the progress is ok, BUT apart from a flat bonus you get a bonus per minute.

That means you better get that bonus as early as possible. Unfortunately, you do not know that early if you need that bonus AND you do not know if you have time to finish the event, meaning you spend dubloons and do not get the ship :Smile_sad:

It would be better if dubloons gave you a bigger flat bonus. That way you would use them at the end, when you know that you cannot finish the event just by playing.

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,033 posts
37 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It would be better if dubloons gave you a bigger flat bonus. That way you would use them at the end, when you know that you cannot finish the event just by playing.

isn't there something like "x doubloons needed to complete" during the finishing at the end? I think I spotted such a window/message for a few moments while the ship was completed in the last step...

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,412 posts
4,670 battles
35 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

this is a point I didn' t get until now: How do those containers help in building the ship :fish_glass:? As far as I can I get 'only' a collection item and stuff like credits, doubloons, FreeXP, camo... from them...

Daaaamn, my mistake. I don't know why, but I had the feeling, that we will get also shipbuilding tokens from Shipbuilding container. But I was mistaken! In the article there is a line under Dockyard: "You can collect these Tokens by actively progressing through the Directives of the event, and then you can use them to accelerate the construction process." So only in Directives. Sorry for that

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,033 posts
11 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

In the article there is a line under Dockyard: "You can collect these Tokens by actively progressing through the Directives of the event, and then you can use them to accelerate the construction process."

that's why I asked :fish_book:. Thanks for the answer :Smile_honoring:

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,033 posts
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

found it:

pr_dub2.jpg.e61dd1ef3aec6232e3b22cb64aedede2.jpg

pr_dub1.thumb.jpg.43883769532582a0da5623da25d0acdc.jpg

• Cool 1

[U-F-G]
Players
51 posts
16,794 battles

Good evening fellow commanders

I found the application for the dockyard great and its something new, the only thing I would recommend is to strengthen the way to get the Puerto rico, for now as I can see everybody can obtain him when investing only 3k doubloons youre sure you've got him in time, I think if WG wont make it a challenge whole server will be full of this als with uncapable captains who just can spend money. I hope more people agree with me that they can make it a liitle harder to get

ruffnecks

• Cool 2

Players
76 posts

It´s normal that you cannot complete the collection? I have all the possible shipyard containters from everywhere and i collected 19/20 items with 3 duplicated left. So it´s impossible to complete the collection. Can it be completed in the 2nd round?

Forget it: I discovered that "Gorizia" means "Shinonome" in WG language.

Supertester, Beta Tester, Privateer
225 posts
14,989 battles

I ask myself how WG blocks the fact that too many Lowlevels get their hands on a Tier X Cruiser.

I cant see any content block except that Directive 7 is just Tier X ships BUT do you need that last Directive to get Puerto Rico?

I fear another yellow turret bismarck wave at TX  :)

And are the prices on PST for the Dubloon Boosters the same on Lifeservers? I find them really ok atm but i fear.....

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
8 hours ago, Rheinfront said:

I ask myself how WG blocks the fact that too many Lowlevels get their hands on a Tier X Cruiser.

I cant see any content block except that Directive 7 is just Tier X ships BUT do you need that last Directive to get Puerto Rico?

I fear another yellow turret bismarck wave at TX  :)

And are the prices on PST for the Dubloon Boosters the same on Lifeservers? I find them really ok atm but i fear.....

Well, on the PTS most players can complete the Puerto Rico in a day or two.

On the main server everyone will be struggling during the whole update, buying boosters with doubloons etc.

On the PTS you can complete all directives in few hours basically and on the main server you will need like a month or so. On the PTS you can shipbuilding tokens for every Ranked battle you play and on the main server you won't get any tokens for ranked battles played. 

What I'm saying is that it will be much more difficult to finish the vessel on the main server and if someone wants to pay doubloons, still some time and effort needs to be put into it. 

If the point is that low lvl potatoes can obtain it... well... the same low lvl potato can obtain any premium if they pay for it so I don't see where is the problem exactly.

Players
142 posts
11,392 battles

This ship building thing is great…. really love that. 

Not I realise its a Christmas thing, but from next year on... wouldn't it be fun if the dockyard was used to introduce a new shipline?
Instead of getting a mission to receive a tier 5-8 techtree ship (which anyone can complete in a couple of days work), have the player build the tier-5 ship using the dockyard. And then he can progress to higher tiers playing that tier-5... 

[STARS]
Players
721 posts

Like most of it, but now in Part 2 it looks the timing of Dockyard is same as in CET so late afternoon, so dark... too dark you don't appreciate building, put some huge flods there!

2019-11-28_18h34_13.thumb.jpg.0b105d75202006d6eec7146c8a326c83.jpg

[STARS]
Players
721 posts

One more thing:

LIke the NY Port for new Year 2020 but you should clean a bit the cargo where containers open. Too many objects from my point of view. Maybe Christmas and New year decorations but not every possible symbolic object.

2019-11-28_20h24_06.thumb.jpg.4dedf67879ea855ee6ec16a3b7d85f2c.jpg

Players
1,075 posts
15,102 battles

My god, WG, you really made me work for this:

image.thumb.png.0d780080a7719a5897e7f53b8d4f5617.png

Terrible RNG. Cash value on main account: GBP0.70. Merry Christmas.

Players
4,862 posts
7,761 battles
On 11/23/2019 at 10:14 PM, Palubarac said:

Well, on the PTS most players can complete the Puerto Rico in a day or two.

Am I missing something here?

There are 1,950 tokens available from the directives, plus a few more from elsewhere but I think I managed to get 2 boosters plus the 3 for gold on the first round of testing and I'm not sure that was enough to complete the build (did'nt get a chance to log in on Monday).

Because the directives are complete from the first round there are no more tokens available and yet it is supposedly possible to complete the build twice.

So how is it possible to complete in a day or two?  Is there some other way to speed things up that I can't see?

Edit:

Aha...........