PTS 0.8.11 - General Feedback

45 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,354 posts
4,347 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_PublicTest_0811_Steam_800x450.jpg

Captains! :cap_look:

Welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.8.11!

The New Year event and a Ranked Sprint, as well as maps that have been updated to incorporate the new lighting model! These and many other improvements await you in the 0.8.11 Public Test! Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the test!

Round 1 Schedule

Starts Thursday 21st November 17:30 CET (UTC+1)

Ends Monday 25th November 14:00 CET (UTC+1)

Special Features of the Test

For the purpose of testing the new mechanics, the cost of building structures and the duration of ship construction in the Dockyard will be reduced. However, please note that any shipbuilding progress will be reset when Round 2 of the Public Test begins. For this reason, you can obtain the reward for building a ship twice on the live server.

If there is a topic that you would like to specifically talk about, please leave your comment in threads listed below:

[WG]
WG Staff
4,354 posts
4,347 battles
5 minutes ago, schatdefakab said:

can't connect. is it every day at 17:30 ?

Starts Thursday 21st November 17:30 CET (UTC+1)

So it haven't started yet :cap_viking:

Players
12 posts
8,806 battles

The game seems to run smoother with less judder at high quality settings.

Bombs from planes seem to be massive overkill for some reason. More than i am getting on the main server

[71ST]
Beta Tester
9 posts
9,961 battles

Edit: Sorry for posting here, will move the original content into the respective subtopics...

How can I delete one of my own posts - simply delete everything inside?

Edited by Fat_Rat_csb

Players
904 posts
16,976 battles

Tested mainly to check german BB dispersion.

1st match: forgot to install the upgrade, so went fully stock. Mogami is spotted at roughly 22km, started spotter plane and shot: citadel

LOL

After a few matches i think that the improvement is noticeable, though you still get those trolly shorts casually. Please do not forget Scharnhorst when this buff goes live.

2. what sorcery did happen with the bots? Spotted bot DDs starting to smoke, stopping in smoke and shooting at targets undetected! WTF? This is great.

The bots also did not YOLO lemming as usual

3. On the live client my PC finishes loading of the match right at the start of it, maybe 5 seconds ahead.

On test server match is loaded with 41 seconds on the countdown.

Should i clean install my client or has something changed with the update which improves loading times?

• Cool 1

[-NFG-]
Beta Tester
46 posts
7,217 battles

Seems like players have their live server ships on PTS, i.e players bring their t8 premiums into ranked. Why i haven't my live server ships on PTS account then?

[-NFG-]
Beta Tester
46 posts
7,217 battles
47 minutes ago, DragonSky_ said:

@Flo_HF I only know that you just keep your ship from previous tests

Agree,  I have ships from 0.8.10 PTS. But still, how to get premium ships from probably live server on the PTS?

[ACNAF]
Players
929 posts
26,956 battles

We can build the ship, but we can't play her. Will we be able to do so in the second phase ?

And about the new year permanent camouflage, he is nice but again we can't mount it on our carrier...

Spoiler

8ab0512688.png

Remember that we have carrier too in game...

• Cool 1

Players
1,002 posts
14,454 battles

Wargaming, you cunning devils, you achieved something I didn't think possible: making me interested in playing the PTS again.

Only because you were giving us 1,000 shipbuilding tokens per Ranked battle played. I was curious to see the end of it, so used all the boosters. I'm 14/20 on the collection too. If I finish everything next weekend it will be nice, but I've had fun so far.

Bismarck doing nicely for me in asymmetrical matchmaking. We did this in the PTS Clan Battles too where it was 1vs1 at TX, and while I think it's a good experiment I still think you are overshooting the target as BBs are just too powerful at higher tiers in one on one encounters. If it was T5/T6 I think the class balance (or at least the ability of BB and DD to sink each other) is more equitable. Cruisers just get wrecked in every scenario, but I'm sure you knew that.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,254 posts
5 hours ago, Flo_HF said:

Agree,  I have ships from 0.8.10 PTS. But still, how to get premium ships from probably live server on the PTS?

maybe it is a "leftover" from the 0.8.7. PTS:

pts087_ships.thumb.JPG.4cf2bbb09106cd5859ee7de4ff5225e2.JPG

Players
1,773 posts
18,925 battles

Overall I do like this update although a minor issue of being stuck in the post battle results gets a bit annoying (have written about that is bug reports)

I like the Dockyard visually its stunning and seeing the Puerto Rico being developed is very cool. I would however suggest that the ship building tokens in the top right corner be made more obvious and the timer next to it could do with being more obvious that it is counting down. The same goes for the progression bar at the bottom it could be clearer in what is the final target number your aiming for. 

One last thing perhaps its just me, but have the CO-OP bots been modified they appear less willing to just charge in at maximum speed, CVs just sit still and don't move (mind you that's like a lot of human CV players so adds to the realism) . Also on 2 brothers every bot ship just charges the middle, I attach a screen shot of the mini map were there were only 2 human players in the match and its rather obvious who we are looking at the map 

bots.PNG

Players
2 posts

If German BBs are buffed, what about GRAF SPEE ? ? < <<< <

Will it get some BUFFs, cause that ship is OP as hell? I mean not bad, but not good in any way.

[KARMA]
Weekend Tester
37 posts
15,357 battles

This test is open to the public?...I cant enter!

Players
62 posts
3,882 battles

I noticed that when a ship shoots a mountain, gras starts to burn for a couple of seconds. And rocks give some shattering. I couldn’t see if the rocks disappeared partially. But the effects got my attention.

anyone noticed it to?

[DKMNL]
Players
39 posts
13,766 battles

Great that dockyard

But I hope they make it more difficult because other wise whole server will be full of Puerto rico, on this way if you just spend 3k doubloons you will always get the Puerto rico, that's not bad for a tier 10 ship right?

Oke I know its Christmas and newyear and Wg want to do something but I don't think the average player would see that everybody can earn this ship without doing something for it. you don't have to make it so difficult like the Benham in this summer but a little more adversary would be nice

Players
62 posts
3,882 battles

I can understand the logic / reasoning that everyone should at least have some decent experience from tier 7 and up before they enter T10.

But how hard is it to get approximately 250K Coal for a Smolensk or a Thunderer? Even when you play up to T6 and get your daily containers earns enough coal to get to T10 in a hurry.

Probably we should accept the fact that the T10 meta is changing to a more arcade play style. And maybe this is the reason that a lot of players are complaining about roflstomps on T8,9 and T10.

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
9 hours ago, Absolute_Potato said:

I can understand the logic / reasoning that everyone should at least have some decent experience from tier 7 and up before they enter T10.

But how hard is it to get approximately 250K Coal for a Smolensk or a Thunderer? Even when you play up to T6 and get your daily containers earns enough coal to get to T10 in a hurry.

Probably we should accept the fact that the T10 meta is changing to a more arcade play style. And maybe this is the reason that a lot of players are complaining about roflstomps on T8,9 and T10.

And how exactly is that relevant to the PTS and this thread?

Beta Tester
146 posts
7,494 battles

I will keep this short and sweet:

I like the whole Dockyard /  Puerto Rico Thing , even tho im sure the Prices for the Dubloon Upgrades will be no where near what we see on PTS once it goes Live. 

1 vs 1 Ranked is a Fun little Distraction and i expect it to become quite a rough awakening for some parts of the Player base ( who are you gonna blame when YOU are  THE TEAM)

Now the Negative:

• Permanent New Years Camo not usable on Aircraft carriers. Any Reason for this?  Any Plans for CVs to earn permanent Camos soon since this is the second Event in a row they miss out (Halloween being the first) ?
  • Directive No #5: " Commonwealth Base XP ":  only 1 Ship in the Game is suitable to finish this Task and that would be Premiumship Haida .  
  • Directive No #6: " Pan-America Base XP " :  only 1 Ship in the Game is suitable to finish this Task and that would be Premiumship Nueve de Julio. 
  • Directtive No #7: " Europe Ultimate Challenge " : only 3 Ships in the Game are suitable to finish this Task and that would be the Premiumships: Viribus Unitis, Blyskawica and Friesland. 

While i understand that you try to sprinkle some Sugar onto these Premiumships , it just leaves a bad Taste with me that you expect me to own or buy these, in 3 out of 5 Cases under performing, Premiums  just to finish a Mission in a Directive , and yes im fully aware that these are Optional and that i can complete the Directive without these Missions, but that doesn't change the Point.

• Cool 2