You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Amun_RA

I have stopped playing this game

52 comments in this topic

Players
89 posts
4,404 battles

So many bad decisions made by WG with this game in the past year. Carriers are not fun to play with or against, you are constantly spotted because of the carriers so you cannot play strategically and the battles finish usually way too fast. Plus the game is not well optimised for older, slower computers as WoT is. I have constant lags and freezes. On the other hand, I can play WoT very well and I still enjoy it, although it is not perfect. And playing WoT I usually have the satisfaction of destroying all the enemy tanks, not like in wows where there may still be 7 or more ships alive and the battle ends. 

I have stopped playing this game for several weeks now. I may come back at some point, but I just don't really enjoy the game at the moment. Plus I had to play a lot of WoT lately. And WG also wants to add submarines to the game... Facepalm. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 13

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles

Yes, the roflstomp meta and CV's being in almost every game making them much less fun are factors I imagine will make some people leave. Have fun in WoT, I guess... x for doubt on that being better, but hey, to each their own. Personally if another developer did a similar-to-wows game without CV's I'd probably switch over in a heartbeat. As for subs.. they won't change that much, based on what I've seen. It's literally just more CV fodder, difference being that they're even more vulnerable than DD's as they tend to get one shot a lot. They're also slow and.. eh. This isn't an overpowered class that will change everything as some people seem to think it is.

• Cool 3

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
26 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

So many bad decisions made by WG with this game in the past year. Carriers are not fun to play with or against, you are constantly spotted because of the carriers so you cannot play strategically and the battles finish usually way too fast. Plus the game is not well optimised for older, slower computers as WoT is. I have constant lags and freezes. On the other hand, I can play WoT very well and I still enjoy it, although it is not perfect. And playing WoT I usually have the satisfaction of destroying all the enemy tanks, not like in wows where there may still be 7 or more ships alive and the battle ends. 

I have stopped playing this game for several weeks now. I may come back at some point, but I just don't really enjoy the game at the moment. Plus I had to play a lot of WoT lately. And WG also wants to add submarines to the game... Facepalm. 

if you think WOT is balance game yes pls go there....and take your gold ammo with you.

you for sure will not be missed here....nor your gold ammo

ffs why we need this patetec "dear john i am leaving" topics"?

just go away and give money to WG on their other game...they do not care, we do not care.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles

World of tanks is much worse but ok.

If i had a choice of games out of the two this one without question.

Unless it goes to pot quicker than i expect.

• Cool 3

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

That's literally what I hear from everyone. Never played it myself so I refrained from commenting this too much but I was wtf-ing a little when he complained about the bad stuff in this game then decided to fix the problem by going to one literally everyone is saying is much worse :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

But lets address elephant in the room.....not aiming for anybody special

FOr THIS....it is not CV fault...it is incompetent captain fault

Izrezak.JPG

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Aye WoT is MUCH worse. Gold Ammo being the key thing here with the entire game designed around "oh, what's that, you can't pen a tank two tiers higher than you because we still insist on +2/-2 Matchmaking, well you better have a premium account and premium tanks to fund firing it..." A bottom tier tank vs a high tier tank stands much, much less of a chance. This is why big derp tanks like the KV-2 are popular because it doesn't matter if it's top tier or bottom tier, it's still going to hammer home damage (something that I think Wargaming have realized hence the VERY unpopular HE changes, it means less people move up the tech trees).

in WoWs you don't have special magical ammo that increases your pen, if you're a tier 6 vs a tier 8 you can atleast unload a barrage of 12 HE shells at them which will cause fires or if you catch them broadside, hammer them with AP.

Admittedly WoWs has its own major problems, the implementation and failure of the CV rework being the key one that achieved none of the goals and in fact turned an ok CV into a ridiculous OP CV in the Enterprise.

• Cool 6

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
Just now, Captain_Newman said:

That's literally what I hear from everyone. Never played it myself so I refrained from commenting this too much but I was wtf-ing a little when he complained about the bad stuff in this game then decided to fix the problem by going to one literally everyone is saying is much worse :cap_haloween:

yeah, while you can theroetically damage other tanks regardless, thats only from certain areas postions and your own tank in general.

not too mention the maps force you into corridors half the time, so lighter armoured tanks unless they are kinda smoll and have good speed and mobility get trashed hard (good camo helps as well).

plus with gold ammo, double barreled russian tanks, heavily armoured tanks like the types and tanks with insane camo and pen rates makes it . Tanks i used to play are basically obsolete not as good changed in general or are kinda useless compared to other tanks.

so i ended up leaving (plus a lot of peeps i used to talk to left by then anyways).

sad i liked the game so much i had almost 20k battles but oh well. it does have some good stuff going for it but been awhile since i played and cared to remember (oh and you can get tier 8, 9 and 10 tanks i think from the bond shop now).

• Cool 2

[ROT8]
Players
2,799 posts
47 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

In WoT I usually have the satisfaction of destroying all the enemy tanks

Snigger.....:Smile_teethhappy:

You are about as good at WOT as you are it WOWS......average at best even after 50k battles in WOT.

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

I tried to get into semi competitive Destiny 2, then I realized that the game is not for me and that I will never achieve much of what I had in mind.

I stopped playing without making a post in the official forum.

Shocking, isn't it?

Or that one time when I realized that I can't compete with the kids in Overwatch?

I just stopped playing, can you believe it?

In other words, and this is just a sad fact of life: Sometimes you make a decision, and nobody cares about it.

Have fun with WoT!

Edit: I am online since '98, and if I would have gotten a Cent for every dramatic "I will leave the game/the forum/the chat/the clan" moment, I would be a rich man.

Internet. Internet never changes.

• Boring 2

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

I will point out that WoT is probably an easier game to play, you don't, as often, have to take things like shell velocity into account unless you're leading a speeding target, WoT is about hunkering down in a position and dukeing it out in corridor maps with heavy tanks throwing gold rounds at each other (apart from the IS-7 which if you get into a hulldown position, is literally immune to 90% of rounds being flung at it, even gold ammo) or spamming HE shells at each other. WoWs is all about knowing the other ships speed AND your shell velocity due to the constant movement unless it's a bow tanking BB plus you've got to take into account the angle of travel which, even to this day, I kind of suck at firing at.

Admittedly the new Norgenons sight does alleviate a lot giving where to aim based on how fast the ship would be going BUT that means you also have to know, roughly, how fast as ship should be going.

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles
17 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

in WoWs you don't have special magical ammo that increases your pen, if you're a tier 6 vs a tier 8 you can atleast unload a barrage of 12 HE shells at them which will cause fires or if you catch them broadside, hammer them with AP.

Unless you're in pasta cruiser:Smile_trollface:

UK CLs at least make up for that with volume of fire, concealment, usable smoke, heals and all other gimmicks.

[SCRUB]
Players
4,184 posts
24,228 battles

Why do so many people think they're special that they need to post these topics.

99.99% here doesn't know you and doesn't care about you; just leave without making a fool of yourself.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[--]
Players
1,526 posts
21,742 battles
1 hour ago, Amun_RA said:

I can play WoT very well and I still enjoy it

I mean, ok, you stopped playing. Wow, good for you man.  Such a monumental life achievement, I'm glade you shared it with us.

But saying wot is better (more enjoyable?) than wows? That's a load of cr*p.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
89 posts
4,404 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

if you think WOT is balance game yes pls go there....and take your gold ammo with you.

you for sure will not be missed here....nor your gold ammo

ffs why we need this patetec "dear john i am leaving" topics"?

just go away and give money to WG on their other game...they do not care, we do not care.

Dude, stop being so aggressive. I don't want pity, it's just a game and I only raise a problem, that is many players, including myself, don't really enjoy this game lately. Plus the game doesn't appear to be as well balanced as WoT for older computers. So I only raise multiple problems with the current state of the game. And I haven't said 'I am leaving' but I have said that I haven't played this game for weeks now. 

And this is a forum and everyone has the right to express his/her opinion. And my opinion is that you are rude, aggressive and I also don't give a penny on your opinion. And not all the people in this forum share your opinion, so that you know you don't own this forum. 

• Cool 1

Players
89 posts
4,404 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

But lets address elephant in the room.....not aiming for anybody special

FOr THIS....it is not CV fault...it is incompetent captain fault

Izrezak.JPG

Elephant in the room :))  Yes, I am not a skilled wows player. So what? I cannot have my own opinion about the game? And I have started playing this game right in the high tiers, which is not ok, I admit it. Plus I have played a lot Asashio which is not really the best ship to carry in especially when you are also new.

In WoT I have Obj 260 and 279e, although I have average stats there. So overall stats don't really tell you what a player's skill at this moment is. In ranked in WoWs I've managed to get to rank 4 one time, when it was tier 9, special mode. 

So I am not a bot and I am not retarded. Why do so many players have to personally attack the player that says he doesn't enjoy the current state of the game? Come up with arguments regarding the problems with the game and don't start insulting the player for his stats. You just create another problem. 

• Cool 5

Players
89 posts
4,404 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

yeah, while you can theroetically damage other tanks regardless, thats only from certain areas postions and your own tank in general.

not too mention the maps force you into corridors half the time, so lighter armoured tanks unless they are kinda smoll and have good speed and mobility get trashed hard (good camo helps as well).

plus with gold ammo, double barreled russian tanks, heavily armoured tanks like the types and tanks with insane camo and pen rates makes it . Tanks i used to play are basically obsolete not as good changed in general or are kinda useless compared to other tanks.

so i ended up leaving (plus a lot of peeps i used to talk to left by then anyways).

sad i liked the game so much i had almost 20k battles but oh well. it does have some good stuff going for it but been awhile since i played and cared to remember (oh and you can get tier 8, 9 and 10 tanks i think from the bond shop now).

And now, as others have done with me, I should search your stats in WoT and, if you are average or below average, trash you and regard your opinion as nonsense. I don't do that, of course. It's your choice. 

• Cool 2

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

And now, as others have done with me, I should search your stats in WoT and, if you are average or below average, trash you and regard your opinion as nonsense. I don't do that, of course. It's your choice. 

Well my last recent was 56% winrate and 1770wn8 my overall is 1450 and 52%, but left before i could get even better.

for my world of warships stats just search brigadierrosen in wows-numbers.

im not the greatest but i do my best regardless, always wanted moar team-based vehicles to play but yeah silly dream  of mine.

Players
1,432 posts
9,618 battles

I had to switch from the computer of my signature to a Xeon X5450 4 cores (manufactured in 2009 I guess) with 7 gb of ram and a Radeon HD 6790 1 gb vram.
The game runs fine in medium settings, 1080P (35 - 50 fps). I found out the main reason of the lags and freezes is running out of vram (nowadays 1 gb it's pretty low). Perhaps you should lower your settings and check your vram?

Players
5,467 posts
1 hour ago, genosse said:

I tried to get into semi competitive Destiny 2, then I realized that the game is not for me and that I will never achieve much of what I had in mind.

I stopped playing without making a post in the official forum.

Shocking, isn't it?

Or that one time when I realized that I can't compete with the kids in Overwatch?

I just stopped playing, can you believe it?

In other words, and this is just a sad fact of life: Sometimes you make a decision, and nobody cares about it.

Have fun with WoT!

Edit: I am online since '98, and if I would have gotten a Cent for every dramatic "I will leave the game/the forum/the chat/the clan" moment, I would be a rich man.

Internet. Internet never changes.

If I got a cent for every time someone makes a post like yours after someone else makes a post like OP i'd be even richer :P

• Cool 2

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, Europizza said:

If I got a cent for every time someone makes a post like yours after someone else makes a post like OP i'd be even richer :P

Can i make a paradox and suggest the same lol.

• Funny 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
613 posts
8,538 battles
18 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

Come up with arguments regarding the problems with the game and don't start insulting the player for his stats. You just create another problem. 

Because most people that played both games you mentioned, can surely agree that the balance, quality of games and annoying, broken vehicles/classes are worse in WoT than WoWs. Sure, a CV has more impact on a game than triple arty, hulldown gold spamming Chieftains and 279s, while superior rubber armor wheeled tanks are wheezing around you, but the subjective "fun" surely suffers more.

Games are often decided very fast and the 15:2 or 15:3 snowballing clean up (because the average player is just so horrendously bad) probably does not fit in your wish for more strategic games, when games are decided by the mercy of the MM, putting less of said players in your team than the enemy one.

Going by stats, this comes from a 50k battle Super-Unicum.

[NAN0]
Players
253 posts
1,886 battles
2 hours ago, DrMechano said:

Aye WoT is MUCH worse. Gold Ammo being the key thing here with the entire game designed around "oh, what's that, you can't pen a tank two tiers higher than you because we still insist on +2/-2 Matchmaking, well you better have a premium account and premium tanks to fund firing it..." A bottom tier tank vs a high tier tank stands much, much less of a chance. This is why big derp tanks like the KV-2 are popular because it doesn't matter if it's top tier or bottom tier, it's still going to hammer home damage (something that I think Wargaming have realized hence the VERY unpopular HE changes, it means less people move up the tech trees).

Admittedly WoWs has its own major problems, the implementation and failure of the CV rework being the key one that achieved none of the goals and in fact turned an ok CV into a ridiculous OP CV in the Enterprise.

Not to mention the increased amount of autoloaders, faster tanks, tanks with ridiculous frontal armor and ofcourse the rewards tanks....ahem obj.279e, a tank so stupid that it can solo an entire enemy team without much problems.

We actually dont have it too bad over here in wows by comparison.

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
1 hour ago, Amun_RA said:

https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/DrMechano/

Boom, there you go.