You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Redcap375

Well It's finally here, buy a tier 10 premium! Sad sad day.

182 comments in this topic

Players
3,895 posts
13,145 battles

Chaps.

Well it's finally here and the flood gates are now open. The last padlock on the remaining paddock has now been sheered off with credit cards and the horses will soon be bolting in random, aimless directions.  Running into traffic and darting all over the place.

It hit tier 9 first and that has destroyed tier 9-10 quality of games.

Lets be brutally honest here, the state of high tier games are a joke.  

Now is tier 10 only restricted to "the best players"? no.  But there needs to be some small quality of play in Randoms and tier 10 WAS the last refuge, well semi anyway. As we know, most can sleep walk into tier 10 ships, but now you can simply buy one out right without playing a single game.  God that is bad for gameplay.

Coal and Steel ships have to be earned in some respect.  Even if like me, i hate the "those that do and those that don't", at least they have played a few games in order to get them. 30.000 steel isn't easy.

But when we start to see players at tier 10 with something like 10-20 games to their name, it's gonna make my eyes bleed.

@MrConway, @Crysantos is this it then? Have you now given direct access for players to buy tier 10 ships.  The amount is relevant, but are the flood gates now open 5 years later?

Some might think this is great.... 1) The masochists who enjoy shooting crippled chickens 2) People that simply want to play tier 10 without any experience, money talks kinda thing..

But how on gods green earth is that good for gameplaya and quality.  

This is the start, I have no doubt about that. Even if you state the same old "we have no more plans to use this in the future.....Bla bla" or "this is an experiment and bla bla bla (like you did with tier 9 premiums).  It's all white noise now and we all know it.

So do YOU 2 think, hand on your hearts (i know your WG employees, so i expect the same response to be honest) think that opening tier 10 to wallet worriers is a good idea from a game-play point of view.  Do you think it is good for the game? And i'm not talking about the finical kinda good for the game.  

• Cool 14
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

T10 already became a trash-tier when the balans-botes came (Kremlin, Smolensk, Conqueror, Harugumo,...) on top of WG adding so many shortcuts and incentives to play T10 that everyone and their grandmother is now sitting there, having failed their way to the top... Adding a "direct-purchase" T10 premium to the mix won't bring a huge impact, it will be the same as dropping a used diaper straight in the septic tank.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,500 posts
11,931 battles

T10 where? :Smile_trollface::Smile_coin:

I don't play T10 much - really I think @MrFingers explained why.

However since I like playing CB with my clan, if it is totally and insanely OP it is a must have. 

Russian? Please tell me it is Russian! :Smile_playing:

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
1,132 posts
5,921 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Russian? Please tell me it is Russian! :Smile_playing:

American, essentially an up-tiered Alaska with an additional turret (4x3 305mm, 22s base reload).

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,230 posts
9,534 battles

The more potatoes to shoot at the better.

Ive just about had it with these skilled players that know how to press A & D and dodge all my torps/shells.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I think those are the last efforts to squeeze money out of the playerbase.

The latest events show, that WG is trying hard to get people (back) into the game:

- recruitment center

- WG sponsoring a huge giveaway for Flamu on XMas if he reaches 100k followers on Twitch by then.

• Cool 10

[TOXIC]
Players
1,132 posts
5,921 battles
9 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I'm a sadist, so I approve.

I'm not a masochist but I also approve as I spend so much time playing mid-tiers due to regularly being distracted from a higher-tier grind by shiny things in other lines. I probably need the dopamine hit that comes from researching a new module or ship and don't get it frequently enough in higher tiers. This way I can get myself a second tier 10 ship for little more than a long and frustrating grind before I give up and spend more doubloons than I think it's worth because of the sunken cost fallacy. :Smile_great:

Wait ... I'm not sure I've thought this through ... :Smile_unsure:

• Funny 2

Players
5,467 posts
Just now, DFens_666 said:

I think those are the last efforts to squeeze money out of the playerbase.

The latest events show, that WG is trying hard to get people (back) into the game:

- recruitment center

- WG sponsoring a huge giveaway for Flamu on XMas if he reaches 100k followers on Twitch by then.

GG WG in te mean time they try their hardest not to make money of their loyal once big fans like me :P

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles
27 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Now is tier 10 only restricted to "the best players"? no.  

It never was...

Players could always buy up to Tier X quickly.

With the flood of camos and signals it became even quicker.

Not that it changed much. You will always have bad players there. And over time the deep red F2P potatos sunk up the tech tree and arrived at Tier X years ago. They just got more over time.

Some clueless whales do not change a thing, apart from making sure WG can pay the bills.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,923 posts
1 hour ago, Redcap375 said:

@MrConway, @Crysantos is this it 

So do YOU 2 think, hand on your hearts (i know your WG employees, so i expect the same response to be honest) think that opening tier 10 to wallet worriers is a good idea from a game-play point of view.  Do you think it is good for the game? And i'm not talking about the finical kinda good for the game.  

Let me answer for them. No its not. Ofc its not Ok! There was a reason WG said "we will never sell T10 ships" back in the day. 

But well. We all know WG is all about that cheddar these days. So does not come as a shock. 

• Cool 2

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles

Ye. This won't help with higher tier matches at all. But then im not surprised too be honest.

Might as well just implement NTC at this rate and be done with it. I could careless about the event, it's just how there are so many ways people can skip past tier's 2-4 (and they fecked that up) and jump straight to tier's 8, 9 and 10 degrading the already questionable situation atm.

Ill see how subs do, but i think after that ill just quit for good.

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles

t10 hasn't been a refuge for good play in a long, long time. Part of the reason might be that people are able to skip ahead / use reward ships, but tbh I see people with like, 43% wr and less than 20k average damage with north of 10-15k battles behind their belts literally all the time. Playing badly still gets you some xp, unless you afk completely, and the bad players that have no interest in actually learning and improving were bound to hit t10 in large numbers at some point. Basically, failing upwards.

Not sure what to tell you other than potatoes gonna potate. A t10 ship you can outright buy isn't something that will help, but at this point where at least half of our games are roflstomps that last for 5 min, not sure it can get much worse either.

btw, are you talking about the Puerto Rico?

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles
42 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

1) The masochists who enjoy shooting crippled chickens

I think you've got your paraphilias confused :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

lets be hones....TX game play do not suffer because of premium tx ships...it suffers because horde of players did not wanna LTP but instead they opened xyz topic "nerf....insert torps, HE, fire, CV, smoke, flood..." and WG listened and created more easy ships to play......WG did not put single obsacle that forced less skilled players to become better. 

if anything they could tighten economie so that bad play in TX is very costly.

P.S.

Mastercad can buy TX premium ships for some time.....infact when they sold mission for steel they sold you first Tx ships

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

t10 hasn't been a refuge for good play in a long, long time. Part of the reason might be that people are able to skip ahead / use reward ships, but tbh I see people with like, 43% wr and less than 20k average damage with north of 10-15k battles behind their belts literally all the time. Playing badly still gets you some xp, unless you afk completely, and the bad players that have no interest in actually learning and improving were bound to hit t10 in large numbers at some point.

Not sure what to tell you other than potatoes gonna potate. A t10 ship you can outright buy isn't something that will help, but at this point where at least half of our games are roflstomps that last for 5 min, not sure it can get much worse either.

Probs a larger amount of greifers and trolls coming in at higher tiers. The problem with tier 1-4 is lack of variety and questionable balancing (not too mention miss hosho).

That and mid tiers get shafter when they get uptiered against tier 8's and 9's due to the great ships they get too see as well.

Gameplay seems to have gotten worse as time has gone on though, this i guess will just accelerate it somewhat. Oh well. I struggle to play 4 games as it is nevermind playing the game ingeneral, starting to lose the reason to keep playing ingeneral.

Oh and not too mention the dumbing down this game has recieved as well, not just from ships but also mechnical changes.

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles

As for how the Puerto Rico will affect the state of T10 play, my prediction is: Absolutely zilch. Nothing. Nada.

The proportion of players who know what they do to players who don't will be the same for the Puerto Rico as it is for any other T10 ship you can fail yourself to. Because for every complete n00b with too much money that doubloons their way to her, there will be a lot of experienced players with too much free time who get her by playing.

• Cool 7

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles
15 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

There was a reason WG said "we will never sell T10 ships" back in the day. 

AFAIK it was said for WoT and so far they seems to hold true to that statement. Never for WoWs tho:Smile_smile:

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

What's the source that PR will be a Premium ship, as opposed to a reward ship? @Redcap375

premium ship=reward ship

no need to research it, it can get any captain in it, it has cammo that boosts gains

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,500 posts
11,931 battles
26 minutes ago, BrinklyWollox said:

Wait ... I'm not sure I've thought this through ... :Smile_unsure:

I joined Waynes "Grind your Neptune to Mino in a Day" gang, only cost me some virtual beers. :Smile_teethhappy:

I'd buy that thing if the price was right (will not be) and if it was OP AF.

But looks like coaly Smoll is the way to go, if nothing else comes along.

Plenty coal/steel to get if they do next "Ranked Sprint" (gonna abuse my T8 CV I guess) :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
3 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

What's the source that PR will be a Premium ship, as opposed to a reward ship? @Redcap375

I think he means the part where WG says that you can use the grindable temporary currency to help the "construction of the ship along", as well as doubloons. So, you can just buy doubloons and get the ship literally on the day you made your account, presumably.

• Cool 2

[NEXT]
Players
33,126 posts
16,643 battles
7 minutes ago, veslingr said:

premium ship=reward ship

That is wrong.

There are differences, that is why we have them as different types now.

One difference is that reward ships cannot be bought for money.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1