You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lord0

Next Ranked Sprint to be 1 vs 1?

131 comments in this topic

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,357 posts
4 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Saw this on NA forum not sure if it's true : next ranked sprint is 1 v 1?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-0811/#ranked-sprint

edit: and it was announced already a month ago in the devblog

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/125537-king-of-the-sea-ix/

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
11,051 battles

1 vs 1?

Am I reading this right?

And you can pick all classes? Dear god with a stick. I pray it is mirrored MM.

CV or DD all the way until rank 1 if not. 

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

It's going to be one hell of a trainwreck to see that "experiment" unfold... Funny to watch though, from the sideline. 

What ships are going to be strong? I can see the Enterprise being the "I win"-button, but I don't discard the Tirpitz/Bismarck (especially if the planned buffs go through) or a secondary-specced Graf Zeppelin or Massachusetts.

[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
10 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

1 vs 1?

Am I reading this right?

And you can pick all classes? Dear god with a stick. I pray it is mirrored MM.

CV or DD all the way until rank 1 if not. 

I don't think it is mirrored

Players
3,130 posts
11,051 battles
13 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

It's going to be one hell of a trainwreck to see that "experiment" unfold... Funny to watch though, from the sideline. 

What ships are going to be strong? I can see the Enterprise being the "I win"-button, but I don't discard the Tirpitz/Bismarck (especially if the planned buffs go through) or a secondary-specced Graf Zeppelin or Massachusetts.

It all depends if it Mirrored MM or not.

@MrConway any more info?

It's certainly different and I have to give you that, i'm gonna reserve judgement at the moment but it sounds increasingly boring.  Unicums/good players will easily get to ranked 1 with the ships.  However, if it is mirrored my gut instinct is there are some REAL STAND OUT SHIPS that will completely own their enemy. Don't make the gap between those that do and those don't even bigger than it already is!! Enterprise and KIDD?

It if isn't mirrored then dear god are their some classes that will simply own the enemy (*cough* CV *cough* DD). 

Saying all this, it's ranked SPRINT so it's always a bit of fun anyway i suppose.

Alpha Tester
3,022 posts
11,810 battles

RPF for the win then....I knew it would be a game changer. I use it on every single one of my ships. Add radar and hydro and a dd stands little chance. Play a CV or aforementioned specc'ed cruiser and dominate I reckon. What on earth are WG thinking?

Players
3,130 posts
11,051 battles
Just now, Shaka_D said:

What on earth are WG thinking?

They don't and that is the problem. Not from a game play point of view anyway.

It's all £££££££££££££££££££££££.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
68 posts
8,264 battles
11 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

RPF for the win then....I knew it would be a game changer. I use it on every single one of my ships. Add radar and hydro and a dd stands little chance. Play a CV or aforementioned specc'ed cruiser and dominate I reckon. What on earth are WG thinking?

This is a good point, so basically you will need to retrain your commander if you want to be most succesful in this format. Not like its worth it :cap_cool:

I would have loved to see mirrored 1v1 though, that would be a lot more interesting TBH.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,290 posts
3,708 battles
1 hour ago, Redcap375 said:

It all depends if it Mirrored MM or not.

@MrConway any more info?

It's certainly different and I have to give you that, i'm gonna reserve judgement at the moment but it sounds increasingly boring.  Unicums/good players will easily get to ranked 1 with the ships.  However, if it is mirrored my gut instinct is there are some REAL STAND OUT SHIPS that will completely own their enemy. Don't make the gap between those that do and those don't even bigger than it already is!! Enterprise and KIDD?

It if isn't mirrored then dear god are their some classes that will simply own the enemy (*cough* CV *cough* DD). 

Saying all this, it's ranked SPRINT so it's always a bit of fun anyway i suppose.

The current plan for this 1v1 sprint is to NOT have mirrored matchmaking. Its an experiment that we think will be fun :)

• Cool 7
  • Funny 7
  • Bad 3

[JRM]
Players
6,800 posts
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

ODIN

[BASIC]
Players
593 posts
20,303 battles

Fun sprint lol. Looks like cvs will do it in max 20 battles, the rest will struggle. I Will test my full retard sec Bismarck and Le Fastasque.

Players
701 posts
10,301 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

The current plan for this 1v1 sprint is to NOT have mirrored matchmaking. Its an experiment that we think will be fun :)

Buy a dictionary Mr Conway.

• Bad 2

Players
561 posts
1,767 battles

I might have a go at this, as if I 'potato' then its only an easy win for someone rather than wrecking other people's stars.....

I have a few sneaky T8's one is even good at melting planes:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[BASIC]
Players
593 posts
20,303 battles
9 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Let's hope for fun and engaging gameplay :Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
828 posts
10 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

Fun sprint lol. Looks like cvs will do it in max 20 battles, the rest will struggle. I Will test my full retard sec Bismarck and Le Fastasque.

20 is too much. I finished last ranked with CVs in 13 battles and 100% winrate if i remember correctly

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,800 posts
12 minutes ago, Asakka said:

Well its Enterprise 110% and i hope people play alot of BBs and Cruisers to counter DDs :Smile_popcorn:

Ehh we ll see about that, if the maps will be (which is kind of a must since 1v1) very small that might actually be a much less then a safe bet as killing a DD or some BBs before they can rush you down is far from certain...

[THESO]
Players
828 posts
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Ehh we ll see about that, if the maps will be (which is kind of a must since 1v1) very small that might actually be a much less then a safe bet as killing a DD or some BBs before they can rush you down is far from certain...

Well you cant survive if you dont have smoke vs CV and i dont think DDs smoke is gonna last all the way to CV. Enterprise is just gonna kill everyone, but we will see. Reality might be different

Players
3,130 posts
11,051 battles
22 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Thank you for your response. 

I will hold judgement for now as fun, as you know it's completely subjective.