You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Paranoid_Potato

Update 8.0.11 Build A Puerto Rico

49 comments in this topic

Players
739 posts

You’ll find a personal Dockyard in your Port, ready for the construction of  X Puerto Rico. The process of constructing the ship is split into several stages.

To complete the ship, you must go through all the stages of construction, from laying the keel to installing the ship’s armament and deck equipment. Completing each stage will bring you valuable rewards, but the final and most valuable reward is the ship herself. The cherry on the cake is that she comes with a festive permanent camouflage mounted.

It will only be possible to construct the cruiser during Update 0.8.11. In order to complete work on her in good time, you’ll need to erect various structures at the Dockyard.

These structures will become available sequentially, and building them will require Shipbuilding Tokens—a special temporary resource.

You can collect these Tokens by actively progressing through the Directives of the event, and then you can use them to accelerate the construction process. If you lack Tokens, simply use doubloons to speed up the process instead.

Oh super duper another temporary token currency or spend your doubloons, how many more variations of tokens can the deranged minds of WG come up with ?

[JRM]
Players
8,966 posts

Well seems you can now buy a T10 premium ship... I mean we could discuss the occasional steel (ok once so far in the steel monsters campaign) and coal (via some lootboxes) availability in the premium shop but there is no shortage of doubloons...

Players
372 posts
5,922 battles

Leave them alone, they’re trying something different, atleast not something I’ve seen them do before.

temporary currency doesn’t bother me tbh, I’d rather have events (and the coinciding currency) than not have them. 

Look on the bright side, atleast with WG events if you CHOOSE not to participate then you’re not being left behind in terms of playability of the game.

edit: also yes, they want people to spend doubloons, it is a business, not a hobby.

• Cool 12
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
8,966 posts
1 minute ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Leave them alone, they’re trying something different, atleast not something I’ve seen them do before.

temporary currency doesn’t bother me tbh, I’d rather have events (and the coinciding currency) than not have them. 

Look on the bright side, atleast with WG events if you CHOOSE not to participate then you’re not being left behind in terms of playability of the game.

Yes it will be an interesting (at least looks like that on paper) new event type but lets wait and see just how many doubloons we need to pour in that to get that ship shall we...

Players
372 posts
5,922 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Yes it will be an interesting (at least looks like that on paper) new event type but lets wait and see just how many doubloons we need to pour in that to get that ship shall we...

Should be interesting I suppose, I suspect though that if you complete all the directives and log on often to set building etc, you probably won’t need to pay anything.

the problem content creators have is working things out for the casual players.

[-TPF-]
Players
5,145 posts
21,117 battles
42 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Should be interesting I suppose, I suspect though that if you complete all the directives and log on often to set building etc, you probably won’t need to pay anything.

Christmas event, though. I'm not going to spend most of the best holiday of the year week playing WoWs to get an uptiered Alaska. 

I do love the "Build Your Own Ship" idea, though... I just wish that there would be a couple of choices depending on how much effort you want to put in. WG can't have my money for this and Santa crates.

• Cool 2

Players
2,981 posts
21,496 battles

I like the idea of building a ship and WG usually do amazing visuals so Im sure it will look great. 

However considering it's a tier 10 it's not going to be an easy grind, and over Christmas no way will I be able to give the grind that much of my time. 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,439 posts
17,837 battles
8 hours ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Unless they’ve learnt

😂

According to the spreadsheet we all had fun doing it.......

• Funny 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,633 posts
13,957 battles
13 hours ago, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

Oh super duper another temporary token currency or spend your doubloons, how many more variations of tokens can the deranged minds of WG come up with ?

Well at least this grind now has a Meassured progress...

[OCTO]
Players
395 posts
8,715 battles
9 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Considering the Benham (T9) grind was bad, this one will be atrocious. 

Not if you "privateer" a doubloon stash. :cap_money:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
9 hours ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Unless they’ve learnt

😂

Given how "leisurely" the PEF-grind was last year (grind 24M credits in a week?)... Yeah, I doubt it!

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
1 hour ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Well at least this grind now has a Meassured progress...

Hard to predict for now whether one will make it with a given investment though.

Depends very much how the buildings scale with cost/time needed ect. We shall see on PTS, hopefully it's reflected correctly there.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,033 posts
2 minutes ago, rnat said:

We shall see on PTS, hopefully it's reflected correctly there.

I don't think this will be possible, since each PTS round runs only 4 days, while the update should run 5 weeks...and besides that it should be easier to proceed on the PTS, to be able to got through the full process to test every step...

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,633 posts
13,957 battles
17 minutes ago, rnat said:

Hard to predict for now whether one will make it with a given investment though.

Depends very much how the buildings scale with cost/time needed ect. We shall see on PTS, hopefully it's reflected correctly there.

indeed, i expect it to be bonedry grind to be honest.

You get a t10 for free at the end in a short timespan :)

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles
32 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Given how "leisurely" the PEF-grind was last year (grind 24M credits in a week?)... Yeah, I doubt it!

At least you will (?) get yourself tier 7 pastamobile for three directives, so

PppdzrD.png

Players
3,894 posts
13,145 battles

Can i confirm something chaps...

You can now technically buy a tier 10 premium ship? Someone tell me this isn't true.

Players
10,893 posts
12,599 battles
2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

You can now technically buy a tier 10 premium ship? Someone tell me this isn't true.

Indirectly, yes.

money->doubloons->[insert token name]->tier 10 montanized Alaska

Given Benham was what, 30k doubloons when buying her via containers I expect no less than 50k for Puerto:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

At least you will (?) get yourself tier 7 pastamobile for three directives, so

Given the absolute pain that were the 4 directives for a T6 German mehbote, I can only shudder imagining what the 3 directives for a ship a tier higher would be... Not to mention the 7 directives for the PR itself...

[CORNG]
Players
2,176 posts
18,862 battles
11 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Last year you could buy steel so it is not that new. And no it is not a good idea.

Players
3,894 posts
13,145 battles
15 hours ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

edit: also yes, they want people to spend doubloons, it is a business, not a hobby.

Tier 9-10 is ruined already.  And now they have opened the flood gates completely with tier 10 premium you can buy out right????

That is appalling.  Completely appalling.  Never thought i would see the day.

There is no tier at all where you can meet "better players".  That is gone never to return. 

Yes they need to make money, of course they do. But god sake, lets have some sacred ground?

A tier where you have earned the right to get to.  Now tier 10 is filled with dross, complete dross.

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles
8 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

There is no tier at all where you can meet "better players".  That is gone never to return. 

Aside from the presumably fairly brief period early in the game's life where only players with higher winrates had amassed enough experience to get to T10, has that ever been true?

I mean, given enough time and tenacity, you can get any T10 tech tree ship in the game without ever winning a game.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
1,132 posts
5,921 battles

I suspect the grind will be long and arduous and only the most dedicated players will get a free ship. The majority will get somewhere between 50-80%, then using doubloons to finish the process won't seem as big a deal as it would to buy the ship outright in the first place. Besides, it's Christmas and don't we all justify getting ourselves a little present at this time of year?

4 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

A tier where you have earned the right to get to. 

How ridiculously melodramatic. As noted, there have always been players that failed their way to tier 10 simply by playing lots of battles while learning nothing or those that spend doubloons converting free xp to get there. A few more whales joining them isn't going to change anything and while the quality of your team mates might drop, the quality of the opposing team will drop by a similar amount, essentially meaning more juicy targets for those players who spent a little while learning the basics before reaching top tier.

[JRM]
Players
8,966 posts
27 minutes ago, BrinklyWollox said:

...quality of your team mates might drop, the quality of the opposing team will drop by a similar amount, essentially meaning more juicy targets for those players who spent a little while learning the basics before reaching top tier.

Naah, it cant drop anymore, its at the bedrock right now, at this point it doesnt really matter what the WG does with T10 ship availability...

• Funny 2