Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

PT - Balance changes

20 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,430 posts
4,348 battles

In version 0.8.11 the following balance changes will be made:

Japanese aircraft carrier Hosho, Tier IV:

• Changed torpedo aiming parameters.

Previously, Hosho torpedo bombers maintained narrow aiming cones whilst performing manoeuvres, making accurate aiming much easier. Now the possible angle of torpedo drop is increased during manoeuvres. This change will reduce the efficiency of the Hosho as well as restore the Japanese flavor of the Hosho's torpedo bombers.

American aircraft carrier Midway, Tier X:

• Torpedoes changed:
    • Maximum damage increased from 4,233 to 5,067;
    • Flooding chance increased from 33% to 42%.

After recent changes, Midway was slightly weaker compared to other ships. The increased damage will increase the efficiency of torpedo bombers , and Midway itself will become more competitive.

American cruiser Salem, Tier X:

• Action time of the "Surveillance Radar" consumable increased from 25 to 40 s.

This change will increase the efficiency of Salem in combat and help her to better deal with destroyers and control key positions on the map.

German battleships:

• Ellipse of main caliber gun shells dispersion is adjusted to the settings of the American and British battleships.

This change will increase the accuracy of all German battleships and make the playing experience more comfortable.

Change to upgrades:

• "Hydroacoustic Search Modification 1" can now be mounted on any ship starting from Tier VI, equipped with "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable.

Now this modification can be mounted on German battleships.

British cruiser Hawkins, Tier V:

• Detectability range by air increased from 6.36 to 6.44 km

In some cases, Hawkins' detectability range by air was less than its AA defense action zone, so it was increased.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,967 posts
5,376 battles

I have to..question the nerf to the Hawkins. From what I have seen of her until now she needs further work.

Interesting buff on the German BB's at least.

• Bad 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,648 posts
16,822 battles

No way, Salem and german BBs getting buffed? :cap_like:

Hosho torps getting nerfed... slightly... Umm, that needs more work.

Midway torps getting a buff. Sigh...

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
4,367 battles

Couldn't nerf the RU BB instead? Every buff to a BB-line is a direct nerf to ALL cruiser lines. Thx but no thx. :cap_old:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
27,514 posts
14,594 battles

An improvement of the tankiness or close quarter fighting ability of german BB would be better.

A dispersion improvement is just another excuse to stay away from the frontlines.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,740 posts
3,319 battles

Honestly, i run the numbers and it's actually not a huge buff, still welcomed tho. It's actually just a 2m dispersion buff, without any upgrades (i'm already running Aiming System Mod. 1 on my Gneisenau). Example: G.K. "stock" dispersion now is 268m (without any upgrades); with Aiming upgrade is 251m. With the buff it will be 266m (20.61*10+60 instead of 20.61*9.8+66), and with the Aiming upgrade (which i would have run anyway) it will become 247m. 

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Hydroacoustic search mod 1 will be possible to mount on german BBs? :cap_wander:

HELLS TO THE YEAS!!!! Finally....

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,599 posts
13,973 battles

Hosho nerf is well past due.

Midway torp buff is a nice surprise.

Salems radar range and consumable selection still makes her indesirable for competitive but perhaps this changes something in randoms and ranked?

For those who would like to see the current German BB dispersion compared to the US/UK BB dispersion that they will be using;

image.thumb.png.3845e50c38101c87cc2cea33d2195b1c.png

Not sure if the change will affect their vertical dispersion but I doubt it. In plain English this works out as a 5 meter horizontal dispersion buff at 5km and a 2 meter horizontal dispersion buff at 20km. It is really quite minor in terms of horizontal dispersion, and tier 9-10 US BBs will still have some dispersion advantage as they can use their -11% dispersion mod for slot 6 whereas German and UK BBs must use the -7% dispersion mod for slot 3.

I personally would not elect to use the Hydro mod in place of Damage Control Modification 1 but the option is still nice.

• Cool 4

Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

and tier 9-10 US BBs will still have some dispersion advantage as they can use their -11% dispersion mod for slot 6 whereas German and UK BBs must use the -7% dispersion mod for slot 3.

On other hand, any non Freedom battleboat can get not that bad -7% dispersion AND -12% reload time. While Freedoms have to choose between reload and dispersion.

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

On other hand, any non Freedom battleboat can get not that bad -7% dispersion AND -12% reload time. While Freedoms have to choose between reload and dispersion.

But that range. THAT RANGE.

Like... wtf is reload when you can potentially shoot a CV from your starting position in a Montana, because your range is well beyond 32 km with spotter plane! They may run, they may hide, but they will never leave my range!

But it is quite memeworthy...

[RUFL]
Players
261 posts
4,711 battles
13 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Not sure if the change will affect their vertical dispersion but I doubt it.

Vertical dispersion was confirmed by WG to be affected as well, and that is the rather more important change imo.

Source:

• Cool 1

[_IG_]
Players
250 posts
1,889 battles

are they also soon gonna give the graf zeppelin it's hydro back? and please buff the bombers.

• Cool 2

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
258 posts
15,963 battles

I take it that these Changes will be in the PTS for us to test ? I hope so . I am looking forward to the PTS this time.

The Christmas thing looks ok and so does the Ship Building thingy . 

it.s testing new ships and their changes I like the most . 

So PTS is open ( for me ) at 4:30 pm ... see you there Captains :Smile_honoring:

Edit . . @YabbaCoe I hope you are going to give us a Midway , a Hosho , a Salem and the RN heavy Cruisers to test .

So we can test the changes to these ships and give you lots of Data and our Feedback  :Smile_honoring:

On to Testing :Smile_honoring:

Weekend Tester
1,092 posts
8,057 battles
17 hours ago, FooFaFie said:

Couldn't nerf the RU BB instead? Every buff to a BB-line is a direct nerf to ALL cruiser lines. Thx but no thx. :cap_old:

Every buff to a cruiser-line is a direct nerf to ALL DD lines. Thx but no thx.

Every buff to a DD-line is a direct nerf to ALL BB lines. Thx but no thx.

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
4 hours ago, siraiaw said:

are they also soon gonna give the graf zeppelin it's hydro back? and please buff the bombers.

No. Nobody cares about Graf Zeppelin. Don't bother...:Smile_sceptic:

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
258 posts
15,963 battles

after the first day . yep love the Christmas event and the Ship Building thing . 

CV's Hmm yep they are all ok now :Smile_honoring:

German BB;s yep a nice improvement . 

Shame we can't play the Puerto Rico . it would have been nice to test her . 

well we shall see what tomorrow brings  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
657 posts
On 11/20/2019 at 5:21 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Action time of the "Surveillance Radar" consumable increased from 25 to 40 s.

Thanks. This is REALLY what a DD player need. So now she can shoot 8 times during the radar period. Fantastic. 5 times were not enough for the average BAD aiming players. Lets give them 3 more chance . 

[AAO]
Players
1,575 posts
21,053 battles
1 hour ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Thanks. This is REALLY what a DD player need. So now she can shoot 8 times during the radar period. Fantastic. 5 times were not enough for the average BAD aiming players. Lets give them 3 more chance . 

Salem has 8.5km radar and DM concealment (>10km)

If a DD lets her get close enough with no option to disengage in a reasonable time,

that she can use the additional 15s that DD either deserves to eat that dmg or was doomed anyway.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this