You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Srle_Vigilante

REJOICE! The Russian BB nerfs are coming!

99 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,092 posts
8,005 battles

Behold ladies and gentlemen! The balance department has awoken from its eternal slumber!

image.thumb.png.44651ecee89d7d41d7b17c58d2d6338d.png

yes this is a Russian nerf... Fight me. :fish_glass:

I really hope these changes make it through testing... because the current state of Russian BBs is just not healthy for the game :fish_book:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

Players
7,142 posts
245 battles

@El2aZeR

Oi, miss midway got buffed! Its not much but it's something.

also the hydro changes im pretty sure are for subs, so....does that mean every ship will get hydro now?

does that mean the kremlin gets hydro or am i reading dis wrong?

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,783 posts
14,064 battles
3 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Behold ladies and gentlemen!

Does this mean that (if it happens) KM BBs will become able to shoot straight(ish)? What witchcraft is this?!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Weekend Tester
1,092 posts
8,005 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Does this mean that (if it happens) KM BBs will become able to shoot straight(ish)? What witchcraft is this?!

Blasphemy id say! Truly the worst kind of sorcery in existence!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
306 posts
17,091 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

@El2aZeR

Oi, miss midway got buffed! Its not much but it's something.

also the hydro changes im pretty sure are for subs, so....does that mean every ship will get hydro now?

does that mean the kremlin gets hydro or am i reading dis wrong?

No, every T6+ ship that has hydro already will be able to mount "hydro mod 1" which is obtainable for coal.

• Cool 3

Players
7,142 posts
245 battles
Just now, Captn_Crap said:

No, every T6+ ship that has hydro already will be able to mount "hydro mod 1" which is obtainable for coal.

Ahhh ok, got confused then thanks!

[XTREM]
Players
1,798 posts
14,043 battles

The Midway torps were *mostly* pathetic, it's true. But the Tiny Tims and DBs I felt made up for it... hm. Ok then.

The German BB and Salem changes are nice. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
11,000 battles

German BB's

Hummm......I'm glad, but worried about the impact. :cap_cool:

Better dispersion means more German BB captains will wanna stay at the back more.    Not good for a tanking ship.  Have to see but on first glance, it's good (i think).

40's radar is yeah, nice. But the range of the radar is easy to work around for a dd Captain unless surprised.

• Cool 2

[VH]
Players
172 posts
15,909 battles
5 minutes ago, kiteohatto said:

40s radar, thats yikes.

not really its still only 8.5k on the salem which means you are spotted in the salem anyway and unless you are bow on everything is gonna take a shot at you to stop you from killing their dd

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,634 battles
22 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Behold ladies and gentlemen! The balance department has awoken from its eternal slumber!

image.thumb.png.44651ecee89d7d41d7b17c58d2d6338d.png

yes this is a Russian nerf... Fight me. :fish_glass:

I really hope these changes make it through testing... because the current state of Russian BBs is just not healthy for the game :fish_book:

Great, so more long range sniping BBs ... just what we needed ....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,510 posts
19,047 battles
1 minute ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

Even if so, it just means that a red lining KM BB player might actually hit something at max range, and that is clearly an improvement.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,783 posts
14,064 battles
12 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Better dispersion means more German BB captains will wanna stay at the back more.

I feel there might be a need for some sort of algorithm in the game that pings up a message to "hand back your Richard-swinging manliness card!"* if a KM BB doesn't get within a respectable brawling distance of the foe during a game...?

*Whilst, obviously, not encouraging toxic masculinity!

Players
3,130 posts
11,000 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

Even if so, it just means that a red lining KM BB player might actually hit something at max range, and that is clearly an improvement.

But we don't want to encourage it! Far too much of that at the most.

But considering most BB's are doing it anyway (because they have to *debatable*) it's not fair for German BB's to lose out so...

I think this can go either way, so gonna see with this one.

Players
3,130 posts
11,000 battles

I feel there might be a need for some sort of algorithm in the game that pings up a message to "hand back your Richard-swinging manliness card!"* if a KM BB doesn't get within a respectable brawling distance of the foe during a game...?

*Whilst, obviously, not encouraging toxic masculinity!

Mate, i can see more German BB captains staying at max range. I can see it now and it's making me feel uncomfortable. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,783 posts
14,064 battles
Just now, Redcap375 said:

Mate, i can see more German BB captains staying at max range. I can see it now and it's making me feel uncomfortable. 

Sadly, I fear you may be right; based on recent observation (at the weekend) though, to have *more* German BB captains sniping might well require some re-writing of the laws of maths/physics/the time-space continuum...?

Weekend Tester
1,092 posts
8,005 battles
8 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

You don't realise the pain of missing every shot at 5km with a Kurfurst, only for a Kremlin to come and hit almost every shot at 15 km....

20 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Better dispersion means more German BB captains will wanna stay at the back more.    Not good for a tanking ship.  Have to see but on first glance, it's good (i think).

Why would you camp back in a Kurfurst when there are 10x better alternatives for that... I mean there's always a downside with these kind of balance changes but i honestly don't think that will be such a big issue.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,510 posts
19,047 battles
10 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

But we don't want to encourage it! Far too much of that at the most.

But considering most BB's are doing it anyway (because they have to *debatable*) it's not fair for German BB's to lose out so...

I think this can go either way, so gonna see with this one.

Mate, lemme tell you something. Have a seat, grab a drink and listen...or read...whatever. ^^

WG could decrease the range of all BBs across the board to 10km, give them 5meters of bow, stern, deck and belt plating, give them the invulnerability consumeable from the Halloween Event that runs for 5 mins straight with a 10 second cooldown and have them replenish 50% hitpoints with each hit. 

WG could do all that and it wouldn't change a bloody thing. Someone who wants to camp will camp no matter what, regardless of which nations BB he plays.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 5

Weekend Tester
1,092 posts
8,005 battles
2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Ive never believed in the Legend of Kurfurst snipers... until i saw one at 26, 27 km... with a spotter..... prob the range mod as well.

:fish_palm:

• Funny 3

Players
3,352 posts

Sadly, I fear you may be right; based on recent observation (at the weekend) though, to have *more* German BB captains sniping might well require some re-writing of the laws of maths/physics/the time-space continuum...?

Not this one, I'ma sucker for aggressive pushes, which may explain my horrible winrate:Smile_veryhappy:

I hasten to add my alt acc is better:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
11,000 battles
1 minute ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Why would you camp back in a Kurfurst when there are 10x better alternatives for that... I mean there's always a downside with these kind of balance changes but i honestly don't think that will be such a big issue.

Why indeed and that is the eternal question isn't it?????

However, most casual German BB players do...Go figure. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,130 posts
11,000 battles
2 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Ive never believed in the Legend of Kurfurst snipers... until i saw one at 26, 27 km... with a spotter..... prob the range mod as well.

:fish_palm:

Seen worse.:cap_tea: