You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Twilight Battle.

34 comments in this topic

Players
2,307 posts

For anyone going for the Twilight missions and struggling.

Global chat at the start agree NOT to target live players.

Kill your bots, only the bots, collect your 'filth' and leave by the portal before the clock ticks below 5 minutes and 15 seconds.

If you wait later than that your chances of escape are virtually nil as the servants literally swarm you...

You should collect no less than 1,200 filth, if all of your team survive and get out alive with it all.

XP even for standard account holders is pretty decent to be fair (With no flags)

1724535645_Screenshot(859).thumb.png.9c4502342fca9399f1e6d6a35f6e3e04.png

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts

Stats didn't load this time..

We all agreed peace at the start and all supported each other, even enemy red teams when necessary... each team got out at least 1,500 filth...

1862511395_Screenshot(860).thumb.png.9190488e32b0043623c30a9b2ae60252.png

For those who do not know, if you have collected filth you health your damage by the % you have collected. You can repair to full health.

[CAIN]
Players
4,520 posts
19,115 battles

I wouldn't trust anyone to keep the 'truce' tho. 

Had that several times, and those :etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear: toss pots, just wait for you at the exit and focus you. 

Disgusting bahviour and in my opinion a banable offense, since this is griefing. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
44 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

For those who do not know, if you have collected filth you health your damage by the % you have collected. You can repair to full health.

Uh, what?

Can you translate that into a clear message please?

If you just said that filth heals you: No it doesn't

• Your ships heal ability heals you, if it has one.
  • A heal buff from an Angler DD heals you for 30 hitpoints per second and level of the buff (constantly).
  • A heal aura from a Scorpioid heals you while you stay in it.
  • The 10k heal buff of the Octodroid heals you instantly anywhere on the map.
  • The healing ammo of the Octodroid also heals you (and him) for 3k damage per grenade if he shoots you with it.
  • Filth has no observable healing ability.
  • Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Uh, what?

Can you translate that into a clear message please?

If you just said that filth heals you: No it doesn't

• You ships heal ability heals you, if it has one.
  • A heal buff from an Angler DD heals you for 30 hitpoints per second and level of the buff (constantly).
  • A heal aura from a Scorpioid heals you while you stay in it.
  • The 10k heal buff of the Octodroid heals you anywhere on the map.
  • The healing ammo of the Octodroid also heals you (and him) for 3k damage per grenade if he shoots you with it.
  • Filth has no observable healing ability.

And I thought it was down to the Filth... I stand corrected.

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I wouldn't trust anyone to keep the 'truce' tho. 

Had that several times, and those :etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear: toss pots, just wait for you at the exit and focus you. 

Disgusting bahviour and in my opinion a banable offense, since this is griefing. 

Played about 5 games so far and all agreed at the start and only had one player who ignored it.. He was slaughtered and his remaining allies collected his filth...

Last game two teams , mine and a red, engaged RASPUTIN and we all shared the filth.. but great care needed to be taken to avoid a ram... I almost rammed an Angler...

But, yes you will probably get a few who ignore the truce...

Players
1,785 posts
18,987 battles

Agreeing a truce is the smartest way to farm as much filth as possible but it's so rare to find battles where players actually honour the truce. 

All too often one team just wait near the portal waiting to ambush those that did truce so make sure you have several heals and invulnerability modes prepared and rush the portal as a group. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,982 posts
16,947 battles

Loved this game mode and will miss it. The combined PvE and PvP was so much fun (in division).

to OP: Some players use the mode to farm other things than filth

- xp and credit rewards + guaranteed win every game = excellent farming -> PvP included.

- fun - loved the BB brawling and did engage every player i met in my crocosaur (see above)

- Farming Rasputin in divisions (and NOT sharing because of backstabbing after killing it)

In essence, be careful about trusting that truce too much - always have an exit plan :)

7 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

If you wait later than that your chances of escape are virtually nil as the servants literally swarm you...

It's harder than Rasputin, but not that hard with practice.

Our 3 man Crocosaur division  faced the Horde around half our Rasputin kills and exited with ~3-4 min left.

A few times, a clanmate of mine exited < 10s left of the match (we call him the Escape Artist).

Basically, BBs can tank through the torpedo damage (especially Crocosaur where heals increase based on how many enemies are close), what really kills you are two things.

1) losing engines/rudder repeatedly so Last Stand is mandatory.

2) getting rammed while the Mutarovsk has the shield (damage reduction) on - so save invulnerability and only use it if they will ram you or  taking more damage will kill. The DDs dont really try to ram you - they will often turn at the last instant if you give them time (but they are set to brake far too late).

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
8 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

xp and credit rewards + guaranteed win every game = excellent farming -> PvP included.

You don't win in twilight battles.

The rewards may look like you did win, but the game doesn't count it as such.

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
216 posts
7,605 battles

If farming FXP /capt XP solo it's worth using up all of the 15 challenges for +1000 XP on the T9 boats.  They may be significantly weaker but that guaranteed +1000 xp is handy

Players
2,982 posts
16,947 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

You don't win in twilight battles.

The rewards may look like you did win, but the game doesn't count it as such.

Err....

1. I know it doesn't count towards your daily wins, but....

2. each game produces around 2200-2400 base XP (if sinking Rasputin) with around 500k-600k credits in profit (750k-850k with flags)

3. it says "succesful raid" at the score screen and in your battle summary, the battles are displayed in green as "WIN".

The game can count it technically any way it likes - by the numbers, it's a win.

You dont get those average rewards even by playing Missouri.

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

@GulvkluderGuld

I just want to avoid confusion. Twilight battles will not count as wins for anything in the game, no matter how good the rewards are. And yes, they are good.

Only downside I see is that ships are rewarded by the amount of filth they can carry. Such a reward metric would be fine if all ships could carry the same but the way it is right now it's heavily weighted in favor of BBs. A team with a cruiser, a destroyer and a battleship that manages to kill Rasputin (or the other teams) and leave with full holds will almost always see the BB with the best base-XP and the most money earned.

• Cool 2

Players
2,307 posts

So far, in the games I have played yesterday, only 2 players ignored the truce and both were slaughtered..

Highest Filth extraction was 2,300... XP, ECXP, and FXP even on a standard account is pretty decent..

At the start of each game I just announce "I will NOT target live players." If anyone refuses I sink them... Each team can collect as they please, sometimes they assist each other killing Rasputin (As long as you remember not to ram) and as long as you exit before 5.15 you do not get swarmed by AI at the portal..

Probably, one of the most enjoyable game types I have had for a while..

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
947 posts
12,932 battles
19 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Stats didn't load this time..

We all agreed peace at the start and all supported each other, even enemy red teams when necessary... each team got out at least 1,500 filth...

1862511395_Screenshot(860).thumb.png.9190488e32b0043623c30a9b2ae60252.png

thats cute ! me and my mates play 3 crocs and always go for rasputin 3k filth evry game 

[CRYO]
Players
56 posts
2,843 battles

Another topic trying to "reason" the truce mode? That´s cute :Smile_child:

If you cant cope with violence in PvP game, dont play it. Ofc it is better to just kill everybody and exit with like 2k (depending on ship composition) than 1,2k.

But some funny story: Most of the time we just kill NPCs faster than others, meaning we get to kill all 3 fossils at the middle. At that point other two teams jumps on us from both sides and starts firing. We proceed to kill them (killing random teams with us being in division is like shooting fish in a barrel, but that is a problem of matchmaker - another divisions would be at least more challenging) and the best part is, they accuse us of camping the gate :D We were there just by the fact we got to the fossils faster and killed them bcs they started. Then they go to forum and whine ybout pvp being crime against humanity :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
2,307 posts
On 11/21/2019 at 4:15 PM, Trawn91 said:

Another topic trying to "reason" the truce mode? That´s cute :Smile_child:

If you cant cope with violence in PvP game, dont play it. Ofc it is better to just kill everybody and exit with like 2k (depending on ship composition) than 1,2k.

But some funny story: Most of the time we just kill NPCs faster than others, meaning we get to kill all 3 fossils at the middle. At that point other two teams jumps on us from both sides and starts firing. We proceed to kill them (killing random teams with us being in division is like shooting fish in a barrel, but that is a problem of matchmaker - another divisions would be at least more challenging) and the best part is, they accuse us of camping the gate :D We were there just by the fact we got to the fossils faster and killed them bcs they started. Then they go to forum and whine ybout pvp being crime against humanity :Smile_teethhappy:

I respect your opinion but there is enough Filth from the Bots if all agree to truce and if we collectively kill Rasputin we share even more...

As to 'Can't cope with violence' sorry to break it to you but this is a game... it isn't real..

In the games I have played only three times was a truce broken and the offenders were usually blasted whilst their team mates watched.. then the team mates collected the filth their dead ally dropped and nobody left empty handed...it was agreed that if the truce was broken and an ally was destroyed the filth belonged to the team of the dead...

Everyone wins.

[CRYO]
Players
56 posts
2,843 battles
On 11/23/2019 at 10:07 AM, Migantium_Mashum said:

I respect your opinion but there is enough Filth from the Bots if all agree to truce and if we collectively kill Rasputin we share even more...

As to 'Can't cope with violence' sorry to break it to you but this is a game... it isn't real..

In the games I have played only three times was a truce broken and the offenders were usually blasted whilst their team mates watched.. then the team mates collected the filth their dead ally dropped and nobody left empty handed...it was agreed that if the truce was broken and an ally was destroyed the filth belonged to the team of the dead...

Everyone wins.

As you said, everybody is entitled to have an opinion. And I wont talk about what is best, again. But there is one misconception everybody keeps repeating that obviously is not corrext. And that being "that there is filth for everybody". So lets calculate it down, shall we? From the beginning: one ghoul (50), one scarab (100), one fossil (100), one varg (200), one croco (200) and 200 free to collect. We may even count 3 fossils in the middle if you are good/fast. That makes 1150 for you and 850 for others. That makes 2850 in total. Now lets add rasputin and his (?6?) mutanovsks = 2300. Total sum is 5150, which gives 1715 to one team (if you keep it fair split and you wont miss any filth by not going into circle in time). Which is not really realistic and even than, if somebody bring anything other than 3 DDs or CA+2DD, you wont end with full cargo capacity (and there usually is that one 3bb team). 

So no, there is not enough filth for everybody.

Players
2,307 posts
On 11/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, Trawn91 said:

As you said, everybody is entitled to have an opinion. And I wont talk about what is best, again. But there is one misconception everybody keeps repeating that obviously is not corrext. And that being "that there is filth for everybody". So lets calculate it down, shall we? From the beginning: one ghoul (50), one scarab (100), one fossil (100), one varg (200), one croco (200) and 200 free to collect. We may even count 3 fossils in the middle if you are good/fast. That makes 1150 for you and 850 for others. That makes 2850 in total. Now lets add rasputin and his (?6?) mutanovsks = 2300. Total sum is 5150, which gives 1715 to one team (if you keep it fair split and you wont miss any filth by not going into circle in time). Which is not really realistic and even than, if somebody bring anything other than 3 DDs or CA+2DD, you wont end with full cargo capacity (and there usually is that one 3bb team). 

So no, there is not enough filth for everybody.

Again, your opinion is respected.

I did say 1,200 filth in my original description... so that makes it less than the 1,715 you quoted.

Even with a 3 DD team you should make that total easily as collectively they can carry 1,500.

The point I was trying to make was that with an agreed truce nobody leaves empty handed... But, if someone wants a fight they'll get one.

It was agreed that if someone ignored the truce and was sunk his companions took his filth unless too far away to collect.

I have managed to get through the 500 and 2,000 reward lines sometimes collecting, as a team, less than 1,200 but that is usually when a team member decides to ignore the truce or play like a moron.

In the majority of games played, BB usually, I managed a full 1,000 quota and in almost all games the truce was honoured... Once an enemy team saw you did not fire on them, I had opportunity to sink a Cruiser on 2k hp right in front of me and stayed my guns, things go easily.

In one game I even helped an enemy team to kill Rasputin and was invited to take some filth as a thank you.

• Cool 1

Players
2,982 posts
16,947 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

The point I was trying to make was that with an agreed truce nobody leaves empty handed... But, if someone wants a fight they'll get one.

It was agreed that if someone ignored the truce and was sunk his companions took his filth unless too far away to collect.

I've seen more cooperation and nice behaviour in 10 Twilight battles than a full 100 random battles.

It's frankly amazing and i loved the game mode. 

Unfortunately the niceties break down once you add divsions to the mix, since there isn't enough filth for everyone if you want to be efficient with time (most efficient is 3 man croco div farming rasp every game). My mate had a message on ctrl+v he posted at the start of our games, warning the other teams to stand clear and leave rasputin to us or prepare for some PvP.  We got 3k filth every game, which saved us more than 40 games compared to the scenario where "everybody wins" and only 1700 filth is collected. I'd prefer to be chivalrous, but 40 games is a lot of time. And it didnt have to be that way if WG would increase the amount of filth in the game...

Also we did face other teams who ganged up on us, but they never succeded in getting anybody but themselves sunk. That always made me sad for them, but such is the power of triple croco...And we met enough other triple croco divisions along the way with similar a strategy for me to feel bad for the solo players out there. Even though it is quite easy for them to get 850-1200 filth in ~7 minutes and leave, they need to play more than twice as many games to get the same farm as my division.

• Cool 2

Players
2,307 posts
3 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

I've seen more cooperation and nice behaviour in 10 Twilight battles than a full 100 random battles.

It's frankly amazing and i loved the game mode. 

I agree.. shame Twilight couldn't be left permanently.

• Cool 2

Players
81 posts
5,379 battles

Sorry, this does absolutely not represent my observations. Like, AT ALL. Me and a buddy would have been totally content with getting the 1200 filth per match. However, in all the time this event has been running, we encountered about 10, maybe 15, games where a truce was both accepted AND not broken on a large scale. Out of these, there were 2, possibly 3, where there actually was cooperation. The remaining countless battles were either noone even responding or simply most not adhering to it; some players even sank so low as to keep saying "oh, sorry, didn't mean to shoot you!", while launching wave after wave of torps at peaceful players, or sneaking up behind an island and torping one only to ridicule one afterwards in chat. In all but a few cases, rasputin wasn't even attempted by anyone, we would have gladly left it to whoever would have bothered.

Then there were loads of teams who simply did camp the middle and did not even bother to collect the filth, as they were just in to rack up damage dealt for their XP and credits. Additionally, there were occasions of the beloved 3 crocs just blasting through us as we tried to collect the 200 + croc, as they were heading for rasp and took us as an added bonus.

In the end, there was an increasing number of AFK parasites who obviously just launched 9 games and then went to do something interesting, leaving the remaining two to do all the work for them. Given the way other players behave, I can't even blame them for just not wanting to waste time on yet another crappy battle with meager rewards.

The only positive thing about this mode was that the chat mostly stayed empty, instead of the constant name-calling and bickering going on in random battles recently. But that's about it.

So, in my experience there was absolutely neglegible cooperation and friendliness in these battles, instead showcasing humanity at it's worst true natureI totally loathe this mode and sincerely hope that it will never return.

• Cool 1

[SLUG]
Players
80 posts
9,783 battles

Twilight was, for the most part, fun. 

The variety of ships you could play kept it from going stale. I liked the design work, especially on Angler.

Generally, there was more co-operation than in random battles (but I accept from the above that experiences here varied). After two weeks players mostly seemed pretty drilled - sink the ghoul and scarab, trigger the spawn of fossil and varg and sink them, head for the croc and the 200 clockwise, then into the portal or off to Rasputin. 

The mad dashes to the portal were always fun, whether camping players or the 5-mins-to-go minions were in the way. I can't say I minded player treachery - that is, truce breaking - which felt like a feature after 10 or so battles. Being reported for sinking said truce breakers - well, not so much fun.

The amount of commander XP, free XP and credits you could win was really nice. The bundled rewards for filth were nice.

Chat was more relaxed than normal -- winrate % etc not at risk, I guess. 

Would love to see Twilight return next year (but with the option of freeing that poor caged creature by the portal).

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

The game mode was great, I loved it. Ships were really fun to use, the rewards were good and I never really felt like I was grinding. The only thing that ruined it for me was the people who felt they were entitled to not be shot at in a pvp game. People are welcome to ask for a truce, but raging at and reporting people who don't accept it got very old very quickly. Not going to use the camos, but the coal was nice to get in the bundles and I must have got at least 1m free XP and 2m elite commander XP out of it. The three free port slots will make a nice cherry on top!

Thanks WG, that game mode was a genuine thumbs up.

• Cool 3

Players
2,982 posts
16,947 battles
45 minutes ago, Margarineoffizier said:

The remaining countless battles were either noone even responding or simply most not adhering to it; 

Additionally, there were occasions of the beloved 3 crocs just blasting through us as we tried to collect the 200 + croc, as they were heading for rasp and took us as an added bonus.

The silent backstabbers/portal campers were usually DDs. Very poor, low WR DDs that you could ignore and even sink sometimes on the way out. Dont know why the class attracts that kind of scum in Twilight, but I'm sad you had bad experiences with them. I enjoyed the PvP and sending the little buggers to the bottom in my BBs (be sure to grab Last Stand so the torps dont keep breaking the engines - the only way the DDs can win).

As to the triple croc problems, it's down to players being unable to break the habit of moving clockwise. 1/3 of the times crocs spawn in bottom right side and have no other way to Rasputin than going counter-clockwise through that spot where north team usually go to sink the croc + 200. I usually warned people in chat to go counterclockwise when we spawned there, but it never worked (and since DDs in our experience were shoot-on-sight targets - see above - that usually meant PvP)

11 minutes ago, slugford said:

Would love to see Twilight return next year (but with the option of freeing that poor caged creature by the portal).

Agree very much. Also I'd like WG to make all ships able to carry the same amount of filth.

I really would have liked to try out DDs but didnt, since they couldn't carry enough filth. 

• Cool 2