You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Allanagtig

Bad development

45 comments in this topic

Players
65 posts
6,359 battles

Recently with all the new ultra spamming ships being released, it has turned to the worst for especially the BB players. Every game is becoming ultra boring as BB players are forced to back-line in order not to get pummelled upon with HE from the beginning. It has become a meta to use spam ships rather than heavy salvo once. Overextention is a hair thin balance one has to take into account, when performing an action which in most cases leads into stagnation. In other words, it has become a nightmare. WG really have to think twice when trying to upright this ship to get the balance back. By the release of new ships with new features, they tend to forget the old ships which were released long ago. They more or less become obselete in the current meta. As of lately, most dmg to battleships are of HE, and its all about setting fires, make the player repair, then set new fires = dead BB, even on 18+ km. Recently when playing my smolensk, ive gone to 100+k dmg on average in a very few games, because its too easy to just farm dmg on battleships, even if they are in the back supporting. They have no other choice but turn their ship, get salvoed by other BBs or burn to death. Its not fun for either of the players.

What are your thoughts guys? let us discuss this.

Best regards

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
32,485 posts
16,258 battles

BB players are complaining about this for over four years.

They are the still the most played class.

image.thumb.png.3275da1fb41a4bd657ed36c3e05373a1.png

In other words: No it is not really a problem for them.

• Cool 4

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
773 posts
14,163 battles
11 minutes ago, Allanagtig said:

most dmg to battleships are of HE

I would like to actually see the source for that, so we can show it to WG and ask if that was the idea.

The que line disagree with you BBs are very popular.

Obviously ColonelPete shown stats to back up his claim but mine looks nicer :D

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I dont agree with that.

image.png.aceae510a6b16d86a7161e4b9923e29a.png

thats 2 Smolensk spitting on me from 10-16km. And they didnt kill me. You know what took my remaining 50k HP? 2 BBs in a crossfire with 2 shots each because my team thought its good to camp behind islands so they are safe while losing the game.

Also i had 0 fire support vs those Smolensk, because once again, team was cowardly sitting in a corner.

Smolensk cant shoot through islands either. If you sit in the open in the back, you leave yourself open to HE spam, and you give the Cruisers the ability to move up because you are not pushing them away. I survived the Smolensk, because i got islands between me and them while being close to a cap.

• Cool 3

Players
4,046 posts

Groundhog day - The groundhogs revenge

The OP in short: HE to strong against mighty BB, please nerf.

How many times did we have these threads now? I lost count.

@Allanagtig

This is a learn to play issue. Not one of game balance. It's about target priorisation, positioning, self control, and keeping your nervs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,469 posts
20,852 battles

Funny thing when BB-drivers think that falling back will help against HE-spam. A clue. It doesn't.

HE-spammers needs time to do damage. Don't. Give. Them. Time.

There are ways to do it but it requires taking a risk and as long as players are soooo afraid to get their pixels scratched I doubt anything will change.

Best way is if the whole team pushes and focus said HE-spammers as fast as possible. But good luck with that as long as the cammping-meta rules.

The solution to the problem is a change of tactic, not to enforce a tactic that clearly doesn't work.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,520 posts
27,741 battles

...meets bad players. everyone wins, DAH!..... uh, wait.... :Smile_sceptic:

[CAIN]
Players
4,969 posts
21,153 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont agree with that.

image.png.aceae510a6b16d86a7161e4b9923e29a.png

thats 2 Smolensk spitting on me from 10-16km. And they didnt kill me. You know what took my remaining 50k HP? 2 BBs in a crossfire with 2 shots each because my team thought its good to camp behind islands so they are safe while losing the game.

Also i had 0 fire support vs those Smolensk, because once again, team was cowardly sitting in a corner.

Smolensk cant shoot through islands either. If you sit in the open in the back, you leave yourself open to HE spam, and you give the Cruisers the ability to move up because you are not pushing them away. I survived the Smolensk, because i got islands between me and them while being close to a cap.

194k Damage received? 

Which ship is that? Must be russian, most likely the new russian, totally unbiased, perfectly balanced TX BB with 300k hitpoints and 9meters of armor belt and 6meters of deck plating? 

I know how the Damage works, i just feel like trolling today. Besides, according to my calendar, it's smack the russian bias o'clock...

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

194k Damage received? 

Which ship is that? Must be russian, most likely the new russian, totally unbiased, perfectly balanced TX BB with 300k hitpoints and 9meters of armor belt and 6meters of deck plating? 

I know how the Damage works, i just feel like trolling today. Besides, according to my calendar, it's smack the russian bias o'clock...

Big ol Currywurst :Smile_playing:

• Cool 4

Players
4,040 posts
14,528 battles

Geeeeee, a BB player wanting buffs for BB's or nerfs to other classes. Any people said my thread was BS....

(Though I DO agree Smolensk should be removed... now I have it of course)

• Funny 2

Players
7,613 posts
2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Geeeeee, a BB player wanting buffs for BB's or nerfs to other classes. Any people said my thread was BS....

(Though I DO agree Smolensk should be removed... now I have it of course)

The Smolensk is the culmination of this problem. Yesterday I was in my Yamato, facing 2 Smolensks (in smoke/behind island), 1 some kind of Chinese DD, 1 Kleber and 1 Republique. It did not end well...

Players
3,604 posts
4 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

The Smolensk is the culmination of this problem. Yesterday I was in my Yamato, facing 2 Smolensks (in smoke/behind island), 1 some kind of Chinese DD, 1 Kleber and 1 Republique. It did not end well...

Is it the ship or the player? If taken out in randoms, I am a problem for no one, however I seem to shine in co op mode, well sometimes:Smile_veryhappy:

Players
7,613 posts
2 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Is it the ship or the player? If taken out in randoms, I am a problem for no one, however I seem to shine in co op mode, well sometimes:Smile_veryhappy:

There are even more bots in coop.. maybe that helps. Even I lose fewer battles in coop...:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,244 posts
2 hours ago, Allanagtig said:

As I am regrinding some BB lines of late I must say my Devstrike numbers are in a steep rise...

So in translation - yes there seem to be more HE spamming cruisers then before but the potatos driving them still didnt learn the concept of armor, angling or anything really...

• Cool 1

Players
4,891 posts
21,308 battles

I think the complaints about the Smol and other fire wielding cruisers and DD's is utter BS. I've played a few rounds in my GK yesterday (I find BB's pretty boring usually so don't play them as much as cruiser and DD), and had a match with 2 enemy Smolensks in it, and none on our side. I killled the first Smol with secondaries once I pummeled it to low HP with a well placed main gun barrage. It didn't stand a chance. Mind you, I actually was smart about going my way having 2 SMOLS in the enemy team. The other Smol was killed later on by our team as well. Not a :etc_swear: problem just a different challenge.

I think the Smol is the PERFECT punishing tool for the type of BB players that fail to adopt to a change in the META. If you can't handle it, get off your lazy arse and do someting about it in game. Yet you choose to complain about it in the forums and want WG to fix your 'problem'. :fish_palm:

The issue of inert battleship players has been with us for years. It's the BB players playing the way they have been doing for ages (static damagehoarding leeches) and lacking the imagination, tactical skills and willpower to change their behavior according to challenges thrown at them. That type of player is why we have carriers designed for the lowest denominator and now glorious HE spamming machines that are so fragile they can be deleted in 2 or 3 salvo's. Yet you STILL seem to not be able to do something as simple as that, which only speaks about you and your chosen playstyle. Go fix yourself.

• Cool 1

Players
4,040 posts
14,528 battles
1 minute ago, Europizza said:

I think the complaints about the Smol and other fire wielding cruisers and DD's is utter BS. I've played a few rounds in my GK yesterday (I find BB's pretty boring usually so don't play them as much as cruiser and DD), and had a match with 2 enemy Smolensks in it, and none on our side. I killled the first Smol with secondaries once I pummeled it to low HP with a well placed main gun barrage. It didn't stand a chance. Mind you, I actually was smart about going my way having 2 SMOLS in the enemy team. That's probably the biggest difference between OP and me. The other Smol was killed later on by our team as well. Not a :etc_swear: problem just a different challenge.

I think the Smol is the PERFECT punishing tool for the type of BB players that fail to adopt to a change in the META. If you can't handle it, get off your lazy arse and do someting about it in game. Yet you choose to complain about it in the forums and want WG to fix your 'problem'. :fish_palm:

The issue of inert battleship players has been with us for years. It's the BB players playing the way they have been doing for ages (static damagehoarding leeches) and lacking the imagination, tactical skills and willpower to change their behavior according to challenges thrown at them. That type of player is why we have carriers designed for the lowest denominator and now glorious HE spamming machines that are so fragile they can be deleted in 2 or 3 salvo's. Yet you STILL seem to not be able to do something as simple as that, which only speaks about you and your chosen playstyle. Go fix yourself.

Smol is the PERFECT tool for all most any situation. I honestly think it should be taken out the armoury. Hell... even removed from game with coal returned. Yes, potatos driving any ship will NEVER be a problem. It's not the potatos players should be worried about. 

• Cool 1

Players
6,338 posts
12,773 battles
2 hours ago, Allanagtig said:

Recently with all the new ultra spamming ships being released, it has turned to the worst for especially the BB players. Every game is becoming ultra boring as BB players are forced to back-line in order not to get pummelled upon with HE from the beginning. It has become a meta to use spam ships rather than heavy salvo once. Overextention is a hair thin balance one has to take into account, when performing an action which in most cases leads into stagnation. In other words, it has become a nightmare. WG really have to think twice when trying to upright this ship to get the balance back. By the release of new ships with new features, they tend to forget the old ships which were released long ago. They more or less become obselete in the current meta. As of lately, most dmg to battleships are of HE, and its all about setting fires, make the player repair, then set new fires = dead BB, even on 18+ km. Recently when playing my smolensk, ive gone to 100+k dmg on average in a very few games, because its too easy to just farm dmg on battleships, even if they are in the back supporting. They have no other choice but turn their ship, get salvoed by other BBs or burn to death. Its not fun for either of the players.

Best regards

There area  lot of people complaining about the HE spam. Personally I noticed it has increased but it usually isn't much of a problem to me. Then again, I take a premium heal along with the 20% healing signal, which is something many players do not do (and don't get me started on DD mains not even equipping a deto signal, same thing every day).

But there's certainly more rainbows in the skies these days.

Take premium consumable, healing signal and go full survivability mode. Or play another class and avoid the matter altogether. According to ColonelPete's graphs, DDs have seen a steep increase in number of games played compared to half a year ago by roughly 50%, so instead of being the spammed one, maybe you would prefer to be a spammer yourself?

If you can't beat em, join em! :Smile_playing:

Players
6,338 posts
12,773 battles
16 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

As I am regrinding some BB lines of late I must say my Devstrike numbers are in a steep rise...

So in translation - yes there seem to be more HE spamming cruisers then before but the potatos driving them still didnt learn the concept if armor it angling or anything really...

Or to even bother taking a tier 10 BB with premium heal, healing signal and a camo and captain with FP :Smile-_tongue:

Personally I think smolensk is a bit over the top here but overall the HE spam is still managable if you play it right.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,244 posts
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Smol is the PERFECT tool for all most any situation. I honestly think it should be taken out the armoury. Hell... even removed from game with coal returned. Yes, potatos driving any ship will NEVER be a problem. It's not the potatos players should be worried about. 

Yep, the classic Atlanta flop scenario (been there dine that btw) something like this:

1. Noob installs game

2. Noob picka a BB line and on the wings of the goodies you get in the learning campaign gets to mid tiers in few days

3. Noob meets an Atlanta master and gets burned to death in a minute

4. Noob gets Atlanta in the shop, ok time fir some payback

5. Noob gets devstuck before reaching 10k damage

6. Noob rages on forums

As I said before - been there done that, in my second or third Ranked season I got Atlanta, took me better part of 2 years and thousands of battles in other ships to learn enough to be able to use her properly...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
4,891 posts
21,308 battles
12 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yeah I can understand players that were abruptly woken by this one want to lull back to sleep rather then handeling this 'issue' :Smile_sceptic: I'm enjoying my time in the SMol and have no issues playing BB's against it. I love burning leeches off the map, don't take that away from me! Or I'll have to start sailing the Asasshio once more to sink em :P

[OCTO]
Players
394 posts
8,524 battles

Sometimes I can't understand why WG does not release an Island with guns of all type.

The only thing those pesky Smoll's will do is to burn the trees but it will never get to turrets.

And those pesky DDs will see that their torps are useless.

Ant the best feature is that is STATIC.

One does not need to overload his brain with movement control. And also by not moving will give the "common" DDivas a chance to survive more than 3 minutes in battle.

• Funny 1

Players
7,613 posts
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Yep, the classic Atlanta flop scenario (been there dine that btw) something like this:

1. Noob installs game

2. Noob picka a BB line and on the wings of the goodies you get in the learning campaign gets to mid tiers in few days

3. Noob meets an Atlanta master and gets burned to death in a minute

4. Noob gets Atlanta in the shop, ok time fir some payback

5. Noob gets devstuck before reaching 10k damage

6. Noob rages on forums

As I said before - been there done that, in my second or third Ranked season I got Atlanta, took me better part of 2 years and thousands of battles in other ships to learn enough to be able to use her properly...

The problem IMO is the general fragility of almost all ships which cuts the learning curve short. It would be better to have several more 'forgiving' ships with 'reduced' DPM that would allow players to learn the ropes. WG should add a new classification in the game in addition to tiers which could be called 'Hazard class'. The higher the class, the higher the DPM but also less forgiving (meaning more fragile) the ships would get.

[JRM]
Players
8,244 posts

Getting demolished is part of learning, you cant handle that you have no place in game...

As an example - I used to train some martial arts when I was younger, you dont get better by not getting thrown on the mat hundreds of times yourself, trust me, you usually learn only from those better then yourself and they will inevitably beat you in the process

Players
4,040 posts
14,528 battles
6 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Yeah I can understand players that were abruptly woken by this one want to lull back to sleep rather then handeling this 'issue' :Smile_sceptic: I'm enjoying my time in the SMol and have no issues playing BB's against it. I love burning leeches off the map, don't take that away from me! Or I'll have to start sailing the Asasshio once more to sink em :P

I find myself asking this question. 

At T10, what other ship offers the same power and adaptability to rival Smolensk?

... and I can't think of many...

So, the next question becomes, why would I take anything else over Smolensk at T10 if I wanna win?