You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spearhawk1969

How about a commander thats somewhat aimed at CV's?

74 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
1,298 battles

I looked through the current commander and they are all lackluster when it comes to cv tactics.

even Halsey thats lead a great fleet with carriers etc is lacking in CV specific skills.

Talent_icon_support.png The Hit Hard! talent activates on earning the Confederate achievement. The ship under Halsey's command receives the following bonuses:
  • -20% to the main battery reload time.
  • -20% to plane service time.
  • -10% to torpedo reload time.
Awarded upon completion of the
"Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often" campaign.
Talent_icon_double_kill.png The Hit Fast! talent activates after receiving the Double Strike achievement with William Halsey. The ship under Halsey's command gets -10% to base detection radius, which can accumulate if a player receives the achievement multiple times during a battle.
icon_ExpertMarksman_dark.png Master Marksman replaces Expert Marksman, and improves turret rotation speed by +3.0 deg/s for guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm and +1.0 deg/s for guns with a caliber above 139 mm (normally +2.5 and +0.7, respectively).
icon_ExpertLoader_dark.png Rapid Loader replaces Expert Loader, and reduces reload time when switching shell types by -75% (normally -50%).
Reward_unlock_tracer_inactive.png Reward_unlock_banner_inactive.pngReward_unlock_firework_inactive.png Personalizations
Colored Shell Tracers, Broad Pennant, Fireworks

Where in that is a aircraft carrier specific skill? 

There is a LOT of complaints about how CV are etc, but consider this, how much more content is there for a

dd, cruiser, warships out there, there is captains, there is missions thats for a CV is immensly hard but for an avg damage dealer is doable.

There are no Tier 10 Premium ships and to be honest, I am not thew best CV captain but I can fly circles around a Enterprise with my Midway.

When is the hatred for the Aircraft Carriers going to end?

Or when are we going to get stuff so we can also have fun with other thing than just the daily grind?

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
3,291 posts
10,799 battles

Because cv specific stuff sells less than dd-CA-bb compatible stuff. Money money money. 

It's like selling football shoes and goalie gloves. Shoes sell to all the players, gloves only to 1 out of 11. So if you want to make money you focus on shoeselling. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,450 battles
12 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

When one of two things happen:

1) they stop being that one ship out of 12 that completely changes the way a match is played, while countering everything, especially DD's, by effectively removing stealth and often being able to wreck ships that had no counter play available all while being perfectly safe and unspotted behind some island on the other side of the map. Yea, playing that kind of "special" balans won't make you much friends.

2) they are removed from the game.

So in other words, it won't end. I hope that makes things clear. And don't think I'm passionately advocating for either side here, I'm just too tired of the topic to begin with, just telling you how, and why it is, and why it will keep being that way. CV's will never be loved, much like arty and their players aren't exactly held in high regard in wot.

• Cool 13

[VH]
[VH]
Players
191 posts
19,385 battles

id love to see any cv player at all that has managed to get the double strike acheivement

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,084 posts
5,772 battles

Well Günther lütjens will have a CV specific skill:) but only for zeppy players xD

[CAIN]
Players
4,967 posts
20,961 battles
32 minutes ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

I looked through the current commander and they are all lackluster when it comes to cv tactics.

even Halsey thats lead a great fleet with carriers etc is lacking in CV specific skills.

Talent_icon_support.png The Hit Hard! talent activates on earning the Confederate achievement. The ship under Halsey's command receives the following bonuses:
  • -20% to the main battery reload time.
  • -20% to plane service time.
  • -10% to torpedo reload time.
Awarded upon completion of the
"Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often" campaign.
Talent_icon_double_kill.png The Hit Fast! talent activates after receiving the Double Strike achievement with William Halsey. The ship under Halsey's command gets -10% to base detection radius, which can accumulate if a player receives the achievement multiple times during a battle.
icon_ExpertMarksman_dark.png Master Marksman replaces Expert Marksman, and improves turret rotation speed by +3.0 deg/s for guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm and +1.0 deg/s for guns with a caliber above 139 mm (normally +2.5 and +0.7, respectively).
icon_ExpertLoader_dark.png Rapid Loader replaces Expert Loader, and reduces reload time when switching shell types by -75% (normally -50%).
Reward_unlock_tracer_inactive.png Reward_unlock_banner_inactive.pngReward_unlock_firework_inactive.png Personalizations
Colored Shell Tracers, Broad Pennant, Fireworks

1. Where in that is a aircraft carrier specific skill? 

2. There is a LOT of complaints about how CV are etc, but consider this, how much more content is there for a

dd, cruiser, warships out there, there is captains, there is missions thats for a CV is immensly hard but for an avg damage dealer is doable.

3. There are no Tier 10 Premium ships and to be honest, I am not thew best CV captain but I can fly circles around a Enterprise with my Midway.

4. When is the hatred for the Aircraft Carriers going to end?

5. Or when are we going to get stuff so we can also have fun with other thing than just the daily grind?

1. Ovechkin is pretty good for CVs, besides, there's no need whatsoever to enhance an already broken class.

2. That's because CVs are broken. Considering DDs, Cas, BBs, are the most played classes, yeah. 

3. Thank god for that, introducing TIX premiums was already a stupid idea.

4. Never. Actually, as soon WG acknowledges that CVs are broken and fixes them, players will stop hating CVs, or simply put: Never

5. What would you suggest? 

• Cool 6

Players
8,017 posts
245 battles

El2azer Skills:

Kek: When you delete or heavily damage a ship within the first 2mins (cv only) you get a perma 15% bonus to speed and agility (cant spell the other word lol). Once per battle.

Bitter-Reality: When you kill  take a huge dump on a DD or Light Cruiser smoll boute you gain 20% bonus to plane regen. Within the first 3 mins can only be activated per battle once.

Your tears are delicious: Activates when Hull hp is down by 30% and reserves down to 40% and your team is trying to throw, the following bonuses will be applied.

HP for planes is regenerated to full and Hull is regenerated to 80%.

Plane detection down by 25% and speed boost lasts and extra 20%.

Planes will gain 20% damage reduction to both flak and dps.

Fighters will now actively engage other planes on the map regardless of distance for a period of 2mins untill all planes are destroyed and/or time is up.

Your tears are delicious is spammed in chat everytime someone insults or complains or reports you (even displays the person in chat who reported who for extra salt).

Gyro Stabilization replaces sight stabilization. Improves plane aim speed for all planes by a further 10%.

Master of survivability replaces basics of survivability. Improves HP per tier by 10% instead of (2.5% per tier) and HP regens over time at a rate of 85hp per second.

@El2aZeR balans?

@Yoshanai balans?

@Sunleader balans?

• Funny 7

Players
2,147 posts
16,450 battles

"Destroyer avengers" special talent: if a DD ever enters torpedo / gun range to the CV, giant underwater props attached to the CV, so far unobserved and underwater, engage and the entire CV flies upwards to a safe altitude of 8km above the map.

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
2 hours ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

When ppl that call themselfs "CV players":

- are atleast equally skilled in other ships and dont use CVs because thats the only way they can survive longer then 2 mins

- stop screwing their teams over because they are so bad that 11 other ppl on their team suffer.

If one team has you in your Lexington and the other team has @Bear_Necessities or @El2aZer then your team might aswell go to port. just a waste of time to even try.

and btw: I dont hate CVs but I hate piss poor players in CVs on MY team. I never flame the enemy CV for beeing good. But ill always call out the CV that im stuck with. Which is rare since these days you need to bring your own CV in a division, because you cant trust any random guy these days. And a DD. And a BB. And a Cruiser. Oh wait...

• Cool 3

Players
8,017 posts
245 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

When ppl that call themselfs "CV players":

- are atleast equally skilled in other ships and dont use CVs because thats the only way they can survive longer then 2 mins

- stop screwing their teams over because they are so bad that 11 other ppl on their team suffer.

If one team has you in your Lexington and the other team has @Bear_Necessities or @El2aZer then your team might aswell go to port. just a waste of time to even try.

and btw: I dont hate CVs but I hate piss poor players in CVs on MY team. I never flame the enemy CV for beeing good. But ill always call out the CV that im stuck with. Which is rare since these days you need to bring your own CV in a division, because you cant trust any random guy these days. And a DD. And a BB. And a Cruiser. Oh wait...

We need a 'flotila' so 6 players in one group for extra balans.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
8 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

We need a 'flotila' so 6 players in one group for extra balans.

Came to think when i read this, why not bump it a bit?

Majority of playerbase is "playing for fun" they dont care if they win (thats their own words!!!) so if they dont care, and people who can bunch up with more guys are more happy, its a win-win situation! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
8,017 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Came to think when i read this, why not bump it a bit?

Majority of playerbase is "playing for fun" they dont care if they win (thats their own words!!!) so if they dont care, and people who can bunch up with more guys are more happy, its a win-win situation! :cap_like:

True, a tomato flotila vs the dream flotila 'el2azer, dfens, saiyko, bear, forloin, someone else whos really gud lol'.

Would be a good excerise to how long a team can last against 6 hyper unicums or just supers lol.

• Funny 4

Players
8,474 posts
9,386 battles

I rather have a coal/steel CV. Clearly, we need a Stalingrad/Smolensk of the skies. A ship to surpass the Enterprise, which is not Russian after all.

No, but seriously, even if it isn't more OP than other CVs, I'd like to have some CV option there.

• Cool 2

Players
1,220 posts
13,905 battles
Just now, Sleepy_Bunny said:

I rather have a coal/steel CV. Clearly, we need a Stalingrad/Smolensk of the skies. A ship to surpass the Enterprise, which is not Russian after all.

No, but seriously, even if it isn't more OP than other CVs, I'd like to have some CV option there.

The Shinano, YES PLEASE. 

Yamamoto would approve :D even if its like 40k steel

Players
8,474 posts
9,386 battles
12 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

The Shinano, YES PLEASE. 

I'd rather have an Essex, Taiho, Akagi, one of the Illustrous-class or something along those lines. You know, a CV that is famous and actually was useful (design-wise) as a CV.

• Cool 2

Players
8,017 posts
245 battles
3 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

I'd rather have an Essex, Taiho, Akagi, one of the Illustrous-class or something along those lines. You know, a CV that is famous and actually was useful (design-wise) as a CV.

Project 71 camrade? :Smile_trollface:

gib yorkie nowah.

Players
1,220 posts
13,905 battles
9 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Fair, fair. The Shinano is actually famous for a variety of reasons, but obviously less for its own war efforts since it got sunk before it actually was put into active service. 
It still is the largest warship ever sunk by a sub though, it was built on a Yamato-hull, and was bound to carry rocket propelled human bombs (Ohka's). 
In my opinion a ship with a very rich history, even if its quite short. 

Also, since were having this discussion today i couldnt not mention it right. You can expect Isoruku_Yamamoto to have a hand for japanese ships, and the Shinano was commissioned on this date 75 years ago ;)  (apparently, i only saw that when i looked it up)

P.S. I'd be quite cool with any coal, steel or FXP CV really, who knows they might put the Implacable out like that- although it seems to me that the Implacable might be scrapped entirely. 
The Illustrous-class you mention was already included btw, the Indomitable is an Illustrous-class, or i'm terribly mistaken

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
3 hours ago, oosel said:

id love to see any cv player at all that has managed to get the double strike acheivement

I did it, but it was more luck than skill.
One enemy got torped as the other died from flooding (from earlier torps).

Still, it is not reasonable to expect double striking in a CV.

1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

If one team has you in your Lexington and the other team has @Bear_Necessities or @El2aZer then your team might aswell go to port.

Am I a joke to you?

Spoiler

Just kidding, I'm not that great of a CV player.

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,084 posts
5,772 battles
Vor 45 Minuten, Isoruku_Yamamoto sagte:

The Shinano, YES PLEASE. 

Where is my akagi but seriously guys we will get that one German commander who will be suited for cvs:) (it's poor to fix gz just by making it the only cv that gets the special commander besides ovetchkin) they could have screwed that commander thing and just fix the bombers. :) 

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
3,109 posts
7,811 battles
4 hours ago, Spearhawk1969 said:

Never, because of the basic principles of the class, and the game breaking effect it has on the meta?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,290 posts
11,052 battles
4 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

....So if you want to make money you focus on shoeselling. 

DismalForthrightGoldfinch-small.gif

You sure about that? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 4

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
35 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Am I a joke to you?

I actually wanted to continue the list but forum fucked up , as it didnt even mark El2a properly so I called it quits right there :D

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,290 posts
11,052 battles

36 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Fair, fair. The Shinano is actually famous for a variety of reasons, but obviously less for its own war efforts since it got sunk before it actually was put into active service. 
It still is the largest warship ever sunk by a sub though, it was built on a Yamato-hull, and was bound to carry rocket propelled human bombs (Ohka's). 
In my opinion a ship with a very rich history, even if its quite short. 

Also, since were having this discussion today i couldnt not mention it right. You can expect Isoruku_Yamamoto to have a hand for japanese ships, and the Shinano was commissioned on this date 75 years ago ;)  (apparently, i only saw that when i looked it up)

P.S. I'd be quite cool with any coal, steel or FXP CV really, who knows they might put the Implacable out like that- although it seems to me that the Implacable might be scrapped entirely. 
The Illustrous-class you mention was already included btw, the Indomitable is an Illustrous-class, or i'm terribly mistaken

Agreed. IMO they could just fix up the uneven tiers as coal or premium or whatever. 

Make them have the planes from the lower tier, like Ark Royal.  Slow planes, better rind the next one up - but challenging.

So, the T7 IJN premium should have planes from Ryujo. T9 could be Shinano - having Shokaku planes, mix up spaded/unspaded.

Or put some planes on them that are unique. I'd love a RN CV that has lend-lease US planes. 

Test to find out how many will suffice. Yeah yeah I know they'll be OP anyway...:Smile_hiding:

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,290 posts
11,052 battles
3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Your tears are delicious is spammed in chat everytime someone insults or complains or reports you (even displays the person in chat who reported who for extra salt).

Also functions as radar for that person only, AKA he is spotted by everyone all over the map  smoke or island no matter. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1