Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeedHighDrag

A question to Moderators

13 comments in this topic

Players
434 posts
10,922 battles

Hello Moderators,

Could you explain how one thread started by one person would qualify for a thread being closed?

For your information, I have not broken any rules according to your "example" (henceforth, will be known as "reason" for clarity).

I would very much like a clear explanation, as to how this thread link was closed immaturely.

You know what I like?
To ask the questions which I know the answers.

Example:
Do we need another CV discussion thread?

The rules specifically states.  In particular the rule # 4. Which is directly relevant to your reason ("Do we need another CV discussion thread?") of closing the thread.

I believe the first two bulletpoints from the top are the most relevant in this case.

4. Don’t spam!

Avoid:

• Repeatedly posting the same content
  • Posting the same content in multiple threads
  • Posting irrelevant content
  • Referral links, advertisements, etc.
  • Advertising for product sales of any kind
  • Advertising for services offered by individuals or companies
  • Excessive capitalization, use of fonts, colours or images
  • Begging
  • Bumping posts (unless it is expressly allowed in the sub-section)
  • Abusing the "Reported Post" feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Multi-posting (creating several posts in a row within a short span of time)

Going off the rules directly:

• I have not "Repeatedly posting the same content". It was my 1st post on the subject.
  • I have not "Posting the same content in multiple threads" posted in any other threads on the same subject.
  • I do believe that the content is relevant.
  • There are no "Referral links, advertisements, etc."
  • There are no "Advertising for product sales of any kind".
  • There are no "Advertising for services offered by individuals or companies".
  • There are no "Excessive capitalization, use of fonts, colours or images".
  • There are no "Begging".
  • No "Bumping posts (unless it is expressly allowed in the sub-section)" at all, since it was started by me.
  • I have not "Abusing the "Reported Post" feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages". 
  • I have not "Multi-posting (creating several posts in a row within a short span of time)".

From my view, the thread was not a negative thread.  If anything it had the opportunity to talk about a subject that players may still be interested in.  It is certainly not up to one forum participant, nor is it up to one (with all due respect) moderator to decide whether it was worthy of being shut down.  Specially, when it did not break any forum rules.

At worst.  It was only derailed by few who were not contributing, but rather voicing their personal opinions without any constructive criticisms.  Other posters also, voiced their concerns as to a particular poster who's sole reason is to derail the thread at the time.  Naturally,  as a moderator.  You may have noticed this, I hope.  If the whole thread was thoroughly read from start to the end.  As one should, to have the full picture, not just a snap shot.

Secondly, closing of a thread for any reason other than directly breaking the rules is very counter productive to the whole purpose of this forum's existence.  Specially, when it is seen as being closed without valid reason.

Forums such as these, are made to share thoughts, opinions, suggestions, even talking about subjects that gets heated due to players passionate interests in the game. 

Again, to have it close pre-maturely is a moot practice.

Thirdly, I do not believe that the reason the moderator gave us/me to close that thread disqualified under any of the rules.  In other words, the reason the moderator chose to close the thread doesn't qualify according to the Forum rules section.

I would kindly ask you to explain, for the real reason as to why such threads that are not hindering the game nor the community in general are being arbitrarily closed.

Please understand that, this is NOT a challenge.  Just a way to get to the bottom of the reason of why.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

LowSpeedHighDrag

@Tanatoy

I have tagged you, since it seems you're the person to contact according to the rules section.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
4,046 posts

Did you read the rule about not discussing moderation?

You are supposed to contact Tanatoy with a private message not an open forum post.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
434 posts
10,922 battles
2 minutes ago, Salentine said:

and by the way you can't quote red text, it's reserved for the mods :Smile_facepalm:

There are my clauses (Forum rules) that makes any sort of complaint about moderation to be near impossible. 

Also, I can't undo the quote's colours. I do not see any option to change it.

All I'm asking is to be discussed maturely, with level headed grown ups that we are.  This is a "forum".  Surely, they would understand that I wasn't intentionally stabbing my own back for one technicality.  Otherwise, it would only strengthen my points above even more.  Should that be the responses to be followed.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

The Mod system here doesn't like having people "Question their Authority" - a.k.a explain why they did something - out in the open where everyone can see their response, something I think would add clarity to their process and promote a more open system.

In response, this thread will be locked shortly with no answer to your question, leaving you and others frustrated at lack of clarity into the decision making process at WG's mod programme, although TBF some Mods do write an occasional line giving a "reason", even if that "reason" is considered to be wrong by everyone else.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,102 posts
6,576 battles
1 minute ago, IanH755 said:

although TBF some Mods do write an occasional line giving a "reason", even if that "reason" is considered to be wrong by everyone else.

"rules are rules, and apply to EVERYONE" should be reason enough tbh..

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,102 posts
6,576 battles
1 minute ago, Zip__ said:

It does seem like a lot of posts are being closed recently.

Mostly because the quality of posting has hit rock bottom and started digging recently (imho)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,197 posts
21,857 battles

Do not discuss moderation and sanctions

- Read our Forum Rules to understand why your post was moderated

giphy.gif

• Funny 3

Players
434 posts
10,922 battles
2 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

The Mod system here doesn't like having people "Question their Authority" - a.k.a explain why they did something - out in the open where everyone can see their response, something I think would add clarity to their process and promote a more open system.

In response, this thread will be locked shortly with no answer to your question, leaving you and others frustrated at lack of clarity into the decision making process at WG's mod programme, although TBF some Mods do write an occasional line giving a "reason", even if that "reason" is considered to be wrong by everyone else.

I am not versed in the EU forum as much as I do on the other side of the pond (NA). It isn't up to me to decide whether one is questioned for their authority or not.

However, clarity is a fundamental point when discussing in mediums such as these.

If the thread gets locked, without valid reason, again.  I will know not to pursue this any longer (waste of time & effort).  But it would behoove the the powers that be, to formulate some kind of response that meets this Wargaming customers valid questions.

p.s. thank you for your kind words.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,162 posts
36,209 battles
8 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I am not versed in the EU forum as much as I do on the other side of the pond (NA). It isn't up to me to decide whether one is questioned for their authority or not.

However, clarity is a fundamental point when discussing in mediums such as these.

If the thread gets locked, without valid reason, again.  I will know not to pursue this any longer (waste of time & effort).  But it would behoove the the powers that be, to formulate some kind of response that meets this Wargaming customers valid questions.

p.s. thank you for your kind words.

Just to give you a hint... Before the unified CV thread 2 or more new CV threads was opened every single day

Players
434 posts
10,922 battles
3 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Just to give you a hint... Before the unified CV thread 2 or more new CV threads was opened every single day

I appreciate that, however if we read the rules it states to the relevant area:

The word usage of "Repeatedly" in that clause, disqualifies my thread. As it is my first thread started on the subject (for a long time, IF I have ever started one).

As well as, not posting the same content in any other threads.

Coming from the NA forum (my main domain for forum posts), I have never once experienced such actions from the moderators nor other forum posters without a clear reasons being stated.  I just fail to see how my thread broke any rules.  

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,480 posts
7,310 battles

I can understand that some of you do not agree with our decisions.

I will close this thread because it violates the forum rules by discussing moderation.

However, I try to explain some of the things you mentioned.

First of all, I'd like to refer to the second paragraph of the forum rules:

Zitat

Keep in mind that the forum moderation rules serve only as guidelines. We reserve the right to evaluate and examine each incident on a case by case basis in order to decide on the action to be taken.

Violating the forum rules is not the only reason why a thread will be locked. We also lock threads if there are already other threads about the same topic to make it easier to follow the discussion while not missing something important.

Vor 4 Minuten, LowSpeedHighDrag sagte:

I appreciate that, however if we read the rules it states to the relevant area:

The word usage of "Repeatedly" in that clause, disqualifies my thread. As it is my first thread started on the subject (for a long time, IF I have ever started one).

As well as, not posting the same content in any other threads.

Coming from the NA forum (my main domain for forum posts), I have never once experienced such actions from the moderators nor other forum posters without a clear reasons being stated.  I just fail to see how my thread broke any rules.  

There might also be differences between EU and NA. Different forum, different moderators.

Your thread was not closed because of a rule violation. It was closed because we already have other threads about the cv rework. If you want to share your ideas, you can do that in the corresponding, already existing thread.

If you don't agree with this explanation, it's ok. You can always send a PM to Tanatoy if you don't agree with a moderators' decision. You can also ask a moderator by PM why a thread of you has been locked if you don't understand why it was locked.

But discussing those things in the forum is not the right way. Those discussions tend to escalate very quickly that's why they are not allowed.

I won't treat this thread as rule violation, however, further rule violations will have consequences.

Thread closed.