Sign in to follow this  
BattleshipGunner

Dmitri Donskoi and Moskva captain

5 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts
944 battles

Hi

I very recently got the Chapayev and it has a 10 point captain (usual stuff PT, IFHE, etc.)

Since I want to keep my Chapayev (I put the Infernal camo on it)

do I get a new captain?

IFHE is mostly useless on Dmitri and the Moskva so now I'm kinda stuck.

(Yes I know I won't have Dmitri for a while but I'd like to have an idea of what to do when I get there)

Thanks!

[AAO]
Players
1,494 posts
20,088 battles

For one you'll have to get a new captain in any case (possibly 2) if you plan to use both the Chapa and the Moskva/Donskoi

Regarding skills: The Dimitri Donskoi needs IFHE as well. Granted she's is not as reliant on fires without as the 152mm armed cruisers

because she can at least penetrate the general plating on T7BBs and high tier cruisers but against high tier BBs she needs IFHE to penetrate anything but the superstructure.

So you're kind of stuck with needing 2 new captains if you decide to keep the Donskoi as well.

If you plan to sell the Dimitri afterward and can get away with not playing the Chappy for a bit you can transfer your Chapayev captain to the Donskoi for the grind

and then put a new captain on the Moskva while transferring the old captain back to the Chappy.

• Cool 1

Players
68 posts
944 battles

Thanks

I don't think I will keep the Donskoi, not that I think it's a bad ship but my credits hardly allow me to keep the Chapayev.

(I should start playing my Warspite a bit more. I enjoy playing it and it usually gets a good amount of credits)

[SM0KE]
Players
4,919 posts
12,035 battles
18 hours ago, BattleshipGunner said:

my credits hardly allow me to keep the Chapayev.

Don't forget though that you lose half the silver value of anything you sell (including upgrades - expensive at higher tiers - unless you use doubloons to demount them) - I would urge not selling anything from perhaps T7 and up, if at all possible, at least until you've reached the point where you generate silver without even trying (due to having permaflaged T10s, and plenty of premium ships)...

If you find yourself short of silver, you have several options:

• Play more at lower tiers; it's easier to make a decent profit - depending on competence - at T7 and lower (T8 if you have premium account).
  • Use premium account; if you're F2P, when you win some (like in the current Italian collection), try to do so when you can play for as much of the premium duration as possible, and play ships/modes where you can reliably do a lot of (ideally, proportional) damage.
  • Get as many premium ships as you can (ideally ones that you want to play a lot, and don't suck in); besides freebies from missions, you can (obviously) pay money for them - ideally wait for special offers - or focus on collecting coal (there are a lot of good earners available for this resource, and don't forget upcoming snowflakes).
  • Blow up DDs; by this, I mean try and knock off a high proportion of your targets' hp, rather than simply trying to do lots of damage in isolation; you probably know this already but you'll be rewarded a lot more for doing 10K of damage to something like a DD than you will for doing 10K of damage to something with a whopping hp pool like a BB.
  • Only use premium consumables when you need to (but don't be stingy - sometimes the extra spend will net greater rewards e.g. I always take premium DCP) e.g. if you're in a mode without CVs, you really don't need premium DefAA, and so on.
  • Raid your cammo supply, and sell useless modules: people often forget to sell stock modules from ships they've upgraded (check - you may have a bunch that you can usefully sell); also, after playing for a while, you often accumulate a lot of consumable cammo - when you have a surfeit, you can generate extra silver by selling the excess (usually those with poorer bonuses).
  • Cool 1

[COR3]
Players
1,321 posts
12,751 battles
On 11/18/2019 at 7:26 PM, BattleshipGunner said:

IFHE is mostly useless on Dmitri

OR IS IT?

the 180mm guns do profit from having IFHE.........

Sign in to follow this