Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Viravandrel

Secondary Build Ship

11 comments in this topic

Players
60 posts
7,877 battles

Hello!

I have Bismarck kitted for secondaries for various missions, but I'm slowly getting bored of it- what line or ship should I buy to farm secondaries? the ship does not need to be good (it would be nice if it had pretty easy handling), just need to farm secondaries well. I have some ships that I keep only for mission purposes because they for example shoot torps well or have high rate of fire etc., now I need another one for secondaries - which is best?

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,756 posts
11,054 battles

The ship doesnt have to be good? 

Mikasa. 

I think i had a game with 4 close quarters achievement and something like 10 main battery hits :cap_book:

[SM0KE]
Players
4,919 posts
12,035 battles
18 minutes ago, Viravandrel said:

what line or ship should I buy to farm secondaries?

Presumably, the textbook answer is to buy MA, but she is a premium, of course...

[SM0KE]
Players
4,919 posts
12,035 battles
3 minutes ago, Viravandrel said:

what do you mean by MA? Massachusetts?

Yup - force of habit to refer to the States by their abbreviations (my last job involved shipping stuff around the USA)...

[THESO]
Players
1,027 posts
14,285 battles

You can skill some french BBs into secondaries. However that mostly means having a second captain for a specific ship as you might not want to use the secondaries build for regular duty. French BBs like consumables and concealment.

The point of having a dedicated secondaries build for missions and directives and whatnot is to score as many secondary hits as possible. So Mikasa and any BB below T8 will not do the trick due to lack of range and bad dispersion. I don't understand why the ship would not require to be good. It certainly doesn't hurt to have a good ship, secondaries and quality are not mutually exclusive and, when it comes to premium ships, I personally would not settle for a bad ship for money.

The Bismarck in that respect is all you really need. The Massa is fun and due to the bigger caliber, doesn't take manure from 27mm-CAs.

Other contenders are Gascogne, Jean Bart, both not ideal for secndaries and ofc Georgia, if you have the coal.

• Cool 1

Players
6,452 posts
245 battles

Georgia if you want range and accuracy. (plus shes a fast ship too not the best tank, but she can kite very well when needed).

Players
60 posts
7,877 battles

I got Massa for 3 days trial about a month ago and I must say it was a pleasant experience, dmg and secondaries were working fine ship has good handling - I could buy it. the thing is I already have Missouri and would like high tier premium for other nations then US. Georgia - not sure if I like her having only 6 gunz, but speed may lure me...

how bout T10? I heard that going secondaries on GK is bad idea, Republique is theoretically another option- is there anything else I'm missing- OHIO can be played on secondaries? 

Players
372 posts
5,448 battles

I really enjoy Alsace as a secondary build, it doesn’t really fit into today’s Meta but it’s still a good fun ship, up to 11.3km secondaries and still having a 12 MB complement. I play mind with the aiming module though so only 9.9(?) km range. Lots of fun though 

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,367 posts
17,430 battles
19 minutes ago, Viravandrel said:

I got Massa for 3 days trial about a month ago and I must say it was a pleasant experience, dmg and secondaries were working fine ship has good handling - I could buy it. the thing is I already have Missouri and would like high tier premium for other nations then US. Georgia - not sure if I like her having only 6 gunz, but speed may lure me...

how bout T10? I heard that going secondaries on GK is bad idea, Republique is theoretically another option- is there anything else I'm missing- OHIO can be played on secondaries? 

Republique has good secondaries. Problem is that she can't stay in secondary range for very long without getting melted because of her relatively thin armor.

Sign in to follow this