Brambles

Account issues

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
240 battles

Hi there folks,

Im putting this here as Im a relative newcomer.

I have been a WoT player for years and years. I installed WoWs and tried it out about 4 years ago, (as in less than 12 battles)

I recently re-installed WoWs (via Steam due to an issue with my firewall, still unresolved) and am enjoying the pace and the Halloween special operations. Playing most days and collecting 2 containers.

I was unable to login to my WoWs old account (as I refresh my passwords every 6 months and had forgotten it) so just started with a new WoWs username.

The WG GameCenter was installed on my my PC during an update, but its tied to my original WG username and my email. (used same email each time)

I ran into an issue when trying to get the new Ring commanders. The WG website reads my email account as tied to my original WoWs account rather then my current one. (which admittedly is just 2 months old and only has 2 Tier 5 ships, with 16 Tier 4) So Im able to get the Ring Commanders missions but on an entry level account.

My question is; is it worth it to restart with the original WoWs account (in order to access ring commanders and possible future bonuses),  just suck it up and ignore all the signal flags/coal/XP earned in 2 months? I havent spent any money on either account. Not planning to either.

[AAO]
Players
1,466 posts
20,064 battles

I would try contacting support first and see if they can do something about the issue.

With a bit of luck there is no need for you to make a compromise in this situation.

• Cool 1

Players
68 posts
944 battles

I agree with @rnat

Whilst I have never had this problem before, WG Support are very helpful IMO.

Lost the email to this account and I thought I wouldn't get it back but I did.

Tbh I'd say contacting support is worth a try.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
8 posts
240 battles

Thanks for the advice guys. 

WG say no way to merge accounts. 

So I've spent the last 2 days playing the original account. It has 3 Premium gift ships on it so worth it to get it up to and beyond the newer account. I'll be there by the weekend. I lose all the resources from the new account (all those flags and containers earned from Twilight battles) but as they are ingame stuff I can just earn them back. 

[KOROS]
Players
95 posts

this also happened to me so please WOW give me back the EU server. i have been playing for over 4 years. I don't know the reason

wow.PNG

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,030 posts

@sormy

Write a ticket to customer support.

Apparently you applied for an account move to another server. The forumites can't help you with that.

Beta Tester
8 posts
240 battles

I wasn't asking to move servers myself.

I had self imposed issues by not playing for 3 years. My own fault really. 

I got past it and grinded up my original account. I'm now happy with my decision. 

[KOROS]
Players
95 posts

i didn't apply anything when i opened the game this was writing to me. I emailed the complaint

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles

11 hours ago, sormy said:

i didn't apply anything when i opened the game this was writing to me. I emailed the complaint

We can see that you applied for migration to another cluster, which is why your account was locked. We are happy to reverse this for you, but you will have to send a support ticket here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/

Please note that you may have to wait a little while for a response as we have many tickets regarding the migration right now.

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
19,475 battles

My account has also been blocked for switching servers. I already sent a ticket explaining everything, I am waiting for answer from wargaming

[KOROS]
Players
95 posts

smolensk is a really grateful boat. but why have you reduced the range to just 13 km. for a ship carrying a tier 10 this is really too small. you would need to increase to 15. so you have done on some more ships.

Capture1452521451.PNG

Players
1,548 posts
5 minutes ago, sormy said:

smolensk is a really grateful boat. but why have you reduced the range to just 13 km. for a ship carrying a tier 10 this is really too small. you would need to increase to 15. so you have done on some more ships.

Capture1452521451.PNG

Urmmmm

Not Really

image.thumb.png.18c1a132445a693466f8493cb9fda318.png