Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Damagd

Where is Siegfried?

27 comments in this topic

[PANEU]
Players
6 posts
4,891 battles

I love the German ships in this game and own all tech tree and premiums and i want the Siegfried so bad! Do we have any indication when it will release? I've saved loads of resources for whatever it is...

[SV]
Players
634 posts
10,905 battles
3 minutes ago, Damagd said:

I love the German ships in this game and own all tech tree and premiums and i want the Siegfried so bad! Do we have any indication when it will release? I've saved loads of resources for whatever it is...

it will be a free xp ship 1 milion free xp. 

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,279 posts
4,996 battles
4 minutes ago, Damagd said:

Down the road with the machine gun.

• Bad 1

[PANEU]
Players
6 posts
4,891 battles
48 minutes ago, albin322 said:

I had a feeling it would be so i've saved over a million now. Just want to get it soon. It was announced almost 6 months ago.

[SV]
Players
634 posts
10,905 battles
5 minutes ago, Damagd said:

I had a feeling it would be so i've saved over a million now. Just want to get it soon. It was announced almost 6 months ago.

just a guess but might be along the german bb buffs ! or with the release of german legendary captain !

• Cool 2

Players
378 posts
7,298 battles
1 hour ago, Damagd said:

It was announced almost 6 months ago.

You know many things have been announced.  Some have been shelved, some are still being 'tested', and some are being brought forward with 'balanced' updates.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,209 posts
33,814 battles
48 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

You know many things have been announced.  Some have been shelved, some are still being 'tested', and some are being brought forward with 'balanced' updates.

Yeah like Jingles commender that we were waiting and waiting for... And are still waiting.... :dance_turtle:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,838 posts
6,861 battles

Still waiting for Siegfried as well.

I hope it will be a Free Exp Ship.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,168 posts
8,101 battles

Hello,

Siegfried has gone through testing back in July and I don't believe has been in testing since so you can assume she will either come back to testing later or will be released at a later time. In the meantime you can look forward to Odin which is currently in testing and I've heard nothing but good things about it so far. Obviously though, stats can still change. 

Kind regards,

Minia

• Cool 3

[SV]
Players
634 posts
10,905 battles
19 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Asking where Siegfried went? I'll show you...

Reveal hidden contents

image_08.jpg

blashpemy you cant kill the king of the gods !

[PANEU]
Players
6 posts
4,891 battles
9 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Wanting that german bias WG is so known for, do we? :Smile_trollface:

Cannot confirm nor deny this matter 🙄

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,595 posts
8,427 battles
10 hours ago, albin322 said:

This is just a assumtion and not a fact! There are no official statements about how to get the Sinkfried. 

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
634 posts
10,905 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

This is just a assumtion and not a fact! There are no official statements about how to get the Sinkfried. 

name 1 premium cruiser on tier 9 who have not been a fremium!

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,595 posts
8,427 battles
43 minutes ago, albin322 said:

name 1 premium cruiser on tier 9 who have not been a fremium!

there is none, but that does not logically imply that the Sinkfried will also be obtainable for free-XP

[NOCAP]
Players
5,613 posts
11,998 battles
11 hours ago, albin322 said:

10 hours ago, Panocek said:

Presumably released alongside "German arc" with this new commander whathisname

10 hours ago, Damagd said:

It will pop up as an Event together with Lütjens, while Puerto Rico will be this years xmas event ship most likely. 

Beta Tester
3,101 posts
3,504 battles
5 hours ago, albin322 said:

blashpemy you cant kill the king of the gods !

That would be Odin, mentioned in post #10 above. Whether he, being a God of Death, could himself die, is an interesting theosophical question! :fish_book:

As for Siegfried, he is one of the more well-known heroes of ancient Germanic myth. According to the Nibelungenlied, whose story is set during the pre-Christian Migration Period in Europe, Siegfried was a son of the King of Xanten, and also - after having killed the previous owner, a dragon - master of the Nibelungen Hoard. This hoard included not only a huge amount of gold and other useful stuff, but also the Tarnkappe, a magical garment which made its bearer invisible. This, added to the fact that Siegfried was also invulnerable after having bathed in the dragon's blood, contributed to giving him a somewhat unfair advantage in his ensuing battles and disputes. To make things interesting, however, he had a vulnerable spot where the dragonblood had failed to cover him, and this spot was situated between his shoulder blades - precisely where Hagen stabs him in the picture in post #11 above, in fact. Siegfried had taken some pains to keep this vulnerable spot a secret, but Hagen learned of it from Siegfried's wife Kriemhild, who worried - quite rightly as it turned out - that some bearer of ill will towards her husband might learn of it and use it to kill him.

Much have been made of what a dastard deed Hagen committed, and how treasonous that backstabbing act was. Considering that Siegfried was a total bully, and had previously used his strength, invisibility cloak and invulnerability to do a lot of bad stuff - including overpowering and raping Brünhild, the wife of his brother-in-law Gunther (who was King of Burgundy, and whose bondsman Hagen was) - I'd say he had it coming.

Whether or not Wargaming will make something out of these characteristics of Siegfried's when they implement his name-sake ship in the game - such as perhaps giving it a low detection radius, or a vulnerable spot between the smoke stacks - remains to be seen! :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,101 posts
3,504 battles
10 hours ago, CptMinia said:

Hello,

... In the meantime you can look forward to Odin which is currently in testing and I've heard nothing but good things about it so far. Obviously though, stats can still change. 

Kind regards,

Minia

The Odin looks really nice, I must say!

This is hardly surprising, of course, seeing a she is a close relative of the Scharnhorst, who is perhaps the most beautiful ship in the game - but even so. Thanks for the information!

:Smile_honoring:

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,838 posts
6,861 battles
14 hours ago, CptMinia said:

Hello,

Siegfried has gone through testing back in July and I don't believe has been in testing since so you can assume she will either come back to testing later or will be released at a later time. In the meantime you can look forward to Odin which is currently in testing and I've heard nothing but good things about it so far. Obviously though, stats can still change. 

Kind regards,

Minia

This actually reminds me.

I did hear about Odin. As the Patchnotes Pointed it out as being given to the Supertesters.

But I have yet to hear about Mainz which was Announced alongside Odin.

Any News on that one ?

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,168 posts
8,101 battles
2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

This actually reminds me.

I did hear about Odin. As the Patchnotes Pointed it out as being given to the Supertesters.

But I have yet to hear about Mainz which was Announced alongside Odin.

Any News on that one ?

Mainz is currently going through testing as well, it is though on it's second iteration and you can check the development blog on facebook for the exact changes that have been made. Essentially though, it's been buffed.

Regards, 

Minia

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,279 posts
4,996 battles
23 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Mainz is currently going through testing as well, it is though on it's second iteration and you can check the development blog on facebook for the exact changes that have been made. Essentially though, it's been buffed.

Regards, 

Minia

Quite substancially at that, what with both that reload and armour buff..

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this