Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZIRHLITUGAY

19 points limited why

48 comments in this topic

[BRMD]
Players
8 posts
16,541 battles

When the captain comes to the top rank, there is no desire to play. In fact, the captain can take all the ranks that you can get. As in the game or for each unit, new assistant captains should be created.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
6,431 posts
245 battles

Oh i thought your post would be something explaining as to why the point and skill system needs and overhaul.

Oh well, just moar jibberish i guess.

Either way i think it needs a reeeeeework doe.

• Cool 5

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,414 posts
10 minutes ago, ZIRHLITUGAY said:

When the captain comes to the top rank, there is no desire to play.

what about the elite commander XP a 19pt captain collects?

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Players
1,863 posts
3,582 battles
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

what about the elite commander XP a 19pt captain collects?

i think he is talking about the military rank associated with a captain as he gains skill points.

Well at least that's what I hope he means. :Smile_amazed:

Players
8,785 posts
8,664 battles
3 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

i think he is talking about the military rank associated with a captain as he gains skill points.

Well at least that's what I hope he means. :Smile_amazed:

But the topics name is "19 points limited" so i guess he wants to get more points?

Wouldnt be imbalanced at all ofc... :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
6,431 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

But the topics name is "19 points limited" so i guess he wants to get more points?

Wouldnt be imbalanced at all ofc... :cap_fainting:

or both, or neither. Idk lol.

if he wants moar points then i guess mwo’s skill tree system (while not the best) would be a good starting point in general.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,004 posts
7,981 battles
40 minutes ago, ZIRHLITUGAY said:

When the captain comes to the top rank, there is no desire to play. 

Apart from farming tons of captain XP and reducing the need of spending gold and makes it easier to trin up new captains.

As for more skill points, sure let's have another rework....

[BRMD]
Players
8 posts
16,541 battles

I just want to play with, for example, "Khaborovsk" and I want his captain to have all the features. Do you think the limit of 19 points should not be removed.

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
1 minute ago, ZIRHLITUGAY said:

I just want to play with, for example, "Khaborovsk" and I want his captain to have all the features. Do you think the limit of 19 points should not be removed.

no, or, yes, not really certain what the question actually is....

[JRM]
Players
5,535 posts
22,760 battles
5 minutes ago, ZIRHLITUGAY said:

Yes it shoud stay as it is

[SV]
Players
634 posts
10,905 battles
18 hours ago, ZIRHLITUGAY said:

When the captain comes to the top rank, there is no desire to play. In fact, the captain can take all the ranks that you can get. As in the game or for each unit, new assistant captains should be created.

ehm you gett free comander xp. like me now i play my 19 captains so mutch that i can create a new tier 19 insta to a new ship if i feel the need.

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles

This a pvp multiplayer game.

In these games we have something called "builds".

If you make it possible for a captain to have all the skills, there are no builds, everyone just has it all. There's no thinking about which skills would be best suited for a specific ship, or your style of gameplay. Sounds boring to me.

If you want to make your characters uber powerful with all the skills, you need to look at single player RPG's where you're The One, the character that saves the universe, best of the best, etc. Multiplayer games don't, and can't work that way.

Also, I get plenty of incentive to play my 19 pt captains, because elite xp is awesome. It lets me:

- not play with a gimped captain if I move it to a different ship, as I can just retrain it instantly without spending doubloons / irl money.

- instantly train new captains to a minimum viable build required when I get new ships that need a specialized captain (example, you've just acquired a light cruiser that needs IFHE, that's a 14 point captain needed for a minimum viable build usually).

- reset captains for free;

- make more 19 pointers so I can have more elite xp so I can always do all of the above for free ^

No incentive to play 19 pointers? I don't think you thought this through, tbh.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,388 posts
9,475 battles

Guys,

OP wants to be able to get more and more skill points for the captain,

until it reaches 40 or 50.. to get all the available skills..

Like leveling up an MMORPG char..

and my personal opinion about it..

no, then we won't have builds to chose, no decisions to make..

then my GK will have both secondary spec, survival spec and will have concealment expert too :)

wait.... actually..

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
8,785 posts
8,664 battles
15 minutes ago, ZIRHLITUGAY said:

It would be totaly OP for some ships, while being useless for others (like heavy Cruiser).

See @Excavatus with his wet fantasy GK survival secondary build :Smile_hiding:

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
6 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Like leveling up an MMORPG char..

Actually, it would be more like leveling a single player RPG character. MMORPG's tend to be more restricted in how many skill points you can have on any given character, being multiplayer it's heavily build reliant. It's single player RPG's without the MMO component that typically let your character become mega-uber-powerful.

Anyway, trying to imagine a Smolensk with all the points... would make for a fine april's fools joke as long as it doesn't last for more than one day :Smile_trollface:

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,388 posts
9,475 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

It would be totaly OP for some ships, while being useless for others (like heavy Cruiser).

See @Excavatus with his wet fantasy GK survival secondary build :Smile_hiding:

Man can dream mate..

man can dream :)

how may skill points I need for my build?
20 for the left column,

yeah lets make it 80 total.. so nothing left out :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
7,474 posts
8,296 battles
18 hours ago, ollonborre said:

Apart from farming tons of captain XP and reducing the need of spending gold and makes it easier to trin up new captains.

As for more skill points, sure let's have another rework....

tbf, while defo not priority, skills could get a few changes. Even before CV rework, there was an issue with the way some skills were just infinitely more useful than others and now it's even worse. Like, IFA, HA, extra fighter plane skill, Vigilance, Massive AA, they imo are pretty much all skills that are just not worth it except on maybe 1-2 ships or if you have some weirdo build that needs a filler. Like, IFA and HA to me are just outclassed by way too useful other skills in the same price category (PT, PM, EL, EM, LS, AR!!! and even JoAT), fighter plane skill is worth it only for very few ships like Kuma, where it effectively doubles the amount of planes and you don't need the points for anything else anyway, while Vigilance seems overpriced by a point and MAA is just absolute garbage.

Then again, I would like to see this fixed more than I would like to see stuff like subs.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,869 posts
11,627 battles
34 minutes ago, ZIRHLITUGAY said:

Yes I think it should not be removed. Gap between 40-point-captains and 19-point-captains (or less) would be too big and this won't help balancing the game as it's already a bit out of bounds already. 

Players
1,819 posts
12,310 battles
8 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

tbf, while defo not priority, skills could get a few changes. Even before CV rework, there was an issue with the way some skills were just infinitely more useful than others and now it's even worse. Like, IFA, HA, extra fighter plane skill, Vigilance, Massive AA, they imo are pretty much all skills that are just not worth it except on maybe 1-2 ships or if you have some weirdo build that needs a filler. Like, IFA and HA to me are just outclassed by way too useful other skills in the same price category ...

Those skills are so useless that I had to think hard to recall what are those skills even (IFA, HA)!:cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
28 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Man can dream mate..

man can dream :)

how may skill points I need for my build?
20 for the left column,

yeah lets make it 80 total.. so nothing left out :)

The grind for captain points though:cap_tea:

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,388 posts
9,475 battles
Just now, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

The grind for captain points though:cap_tea:

It would be like crew XP in WOT,

Getting to the first skills ? 20 to 30 battles..
the second one? yeah 70 to 100..
you want to 3rd? give me another 250 :D

what do you want? full 7 skill crew?
somebody calculated it for 5 to 10K battles in a single vehicle..
I may be remembering wrong, and too lazy to go look for..

But If we look how much XP is needed for 18 to 19 point,
I believe.. getting 40 points in total would require may be 1000 battles in that single ship for that captain

Players
7,474 posts
8,296 battles
6 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Those skills are so useless that I had to think hard to recall what are those skills even (IFA, HA)!:cap_haloween:

I might actually for the first time take the HA skill (since the major skill rework years ago) and only because I have 2 filler points in my Thunderer build that has PT, EM, AR, JoAT, SI, BoS and CE. Went for JoAT because it's a Dunkirk captain and you wouldn't want to get HE spammed for extented periods in Thunderer anyway, so now I can consider whether to go PM + EL (the likely better choice) or HA, just so I can boast that my repair is 51s CD and my Damecon is 61s CD, approaching cruiser levels of damage control.

But yeah, there's an extreme difference in how useful certain skills are compared to others, like HA vs AR and IFA vs PT. Like, PT outright does the same job, but better...

[KAKE]
Players
2,428 posts
5,574 battles

Because captain skills aren't already a significant unbalancing factor between long-term and newer players :Smile_sceptic: 

And Smolensk with Concealment expert, IFHE, AFT, BFT, Superintendent, Survival expert, Demolition expert plus a heap of 1 and 2 point skills sounds much balans.

Besides, once you get to 19 pts you start farming elite captain exp instead, which is easily as useful overall as having more than 19 pts of skills on most ships.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this