Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bufuduk

Racism in random battle

12 comments in this topic

[MEEEH]
Players
5 posts
2,016 battles

Just got out of random battle with my mates. We are playing 2 tier 6 and a tier 7 and mm systems put some tier 9's in game. 3 tier 9 guys start to talk trash just because of we are tier 6&7 and we got in same game. Their logic based on we shouldn't playing game due to low tier. (dont know how someone manage to reach top tiers without playing but yea...) Didn't care actually just let them type random bs'es on chat and keep playing. After game one of these proud gentelman started to harras me on dm. Sadly i didn't ss ingame chat but have dm chat. Btw he also played "Hitler" card but i miss that ss in the process. (sorry)

I'm turkish citizen and used to live in Europe around 2 years. Never have to face that kind of attitude face to face in real life. I get some ppl dont get along with politics but come on guys... we are playing a damn game here. I usually shut my eyes to online racism but this guy keeps coming, so i feel myself obliged to carry this person on forums. My first topic and reply on forums (not proudest one also). I also apology the community over my unfortunate language on dm ss but couldn't hold it back after 15 minute non-stop harrasment. Giving some insults over a person is not big deal for myself as long as you keep it out of races etc. 

If you are angry against immigration over your country fine. Blame your damn government, they manage it not some random guy playing a video game on off day.

*EDIT*

• Bad 2

[UAC]
Players
653 posts
2,214 battles

Just ignore it, the best reaction you can give them is no reaction at all. So sad you have to experience such cancer behavior.

• Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles

Tier 6 can never meet a tier 9, unless you div up with a tier 7. You bring two tier 6s to a tier 9 game.

You are as angry/flabbergasted about him being racist as he is about you knowing the game mechanics. Can you imagine?

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

edit: In case you do not understand; he thinks you cause losses on purpose by playing in a fail division. 

• Cool 2

[MEEEH]
Players
5 posts
2,016 battles

so ppl shouldn't play with 1 tier upper people just incase you might bring 2 tier upper and that makes racism totally normal thing to face? Can you imagine? 

If mm system allows ppl in same match it's not users fault to be that way. Btw half of the match was tier 6 and 7's. You are basicly saying tier 6's and tier 7's shouldn't be on same division and you have a point based on mm system. But that not justifies racism that happened there. You are pretexting for being a jerk. 

• Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles
5 minutes ago, Bufuduk said:

so ppl shouldn't play with 1 tier upper people just incase you might bring 2 tier upper and that makes racism totally normal thing to face? Can you imagine? 

If mm system allows ppl in same match it's not users fault to be that way.

Sure, just be ignorant about it and play the racist/bad words card...

• Funny 1

[MEEEH]
Players
5 posts
2,016 battles
1 saat önce, Filipin00 dedi:

Just ignore it, the best reaction you can give them is no reaction at all. So sad you have to experience such cancer behavior.

that's what not only turkish ppl deal with but other eastern cultures online since people can get away extremely easly. glad never happened irl.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
105 posts
3,879 battles

There are two faults here one you were playing in a fail division, the matchmaking always matches against the highest tier in a division so for goodness sake if playing in  a division always play the same tier. This is even more important as you were two T6 and one T7 you did hamper your teams chances of winning by doing this, fact.

However their reaction was totally unreasonable and beyond any excuse. Hopefully WG will see this and hit them with a ban as nobody should have to put up with that grief. In general if anyone like that starts off in chat hit the ignore button and refuse all contact attempts from them in the future.

Personally I think you do have a point in blaming the MM system it would be a simple change to ensure that all players in a division had to be of the same tier but that is not the case so avoid the aggro in future by only playing same tier ships.

• Bad 1

[MEEEH]
Players
5 posts
2,016 battles
1 dakika önce, LemonadeWarrior dedi:

Sure, just be ignorant about it and play the racist/bad words card...

Playing a card? Words already there. If racism doesnt bother you but a random game tiers, ok then. You don't have a right to talk about it if you ever face it.

• Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts

Read the forum rules. Name and shame is forbidden.

Two wrongs do not make a right, so if you want to report such misbehavior open a support ticket and don't whine about it on the forums.

Also: Don't play in a fail division if you can avoid it. It helps you in avoiding a lot of abuse that could be thrown your way and it helps your team to win more often as you don't drag them down.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles
5 minutes ago, Bufuduk said:

Playing a card? Words already there. If racism doesnt bother you but a random game tiers, ok then. You don't have a right to talk about it if you ever face it.

I think that you do not realise that you are ruining the game for the other 21 players by playing in such a division... Please get familiar with the game.

The game isn’t made fool proof, so weird combinations are still possible. 

• Cool 3

[MEEEH]
Players
5 posts
2,016 battles
2 dakika önce, LemonadeWarrior dedi:

I think that you do not realise that you are ruining the game for the other 21 players by playing in such a division... Please get familiar with the game.

The game isn’t made fool proof, so weird combinations are still possible. 

Didnt know that about divisions can be act that way and will keep that in mind.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TTTX]
1,492 posts
14,250 battles

I am gonna lock this as this is not the right medium to discuss this. I have also cleaned the thread to avoid naming and shaming which is against the rules.

@Bufuduk please report the player in question. You are totally right - that is simply not acceptable behaviour. 

Rule violations and harassment - how to report

For the record, regardless of what someone does in this game, resorting to racism is never ever the right answer. It's never an issue of "well he's being racist because you also did X" - that is such an incredibly wrong way of looking at it. Making a mistake in a video game is never on the same level as these kind of utterly vile attacks.

Also from an objective point of view, how will someone react when you start being racist toward them? Will they suddenly see the error of their ways or will the racism stop any and all conversations (as well it should)?

The correct course of action is to try to explain what you think they did wrong and if they disagree you move on with your life.

• Cool 3