You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MacArthur92

Günther Lütjens - We need a new campaign.

36 comments in this topic

[MORIA]
Players
7,162 posts
33,559 battles

Dear WG, can we have the new upcoming German legendary commender in campaign like Yamamoto and Halsey? Many have done all the missions of the existing campaigns. 

• Cool 19

Players
3,078 posts
13,774 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

You are aware of WG's stance on the 'campaings'?

Can’t say I am.

Is it something along the lines of players found it to difficult so they found away to kill players wallets instead to make it seem easy and more accessible?

Coz that sounds like WG to me...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,162 posts
33,559 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Can’t say I am.

Is it something along the lines of players found it to difficult so they found away to kill players wallets instead to make it seem easy and more accessible?

Coz that sounds like WG to me...

I won't be having much time on December-January months and I don't want to miss it. 

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
968 posts
16,974 battles

I agree that this SHOULD be the basis for a New Permanent Campaign.

Please @MrConway can you please take this suggestion back to Wargaming?

• Cool 6

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
6 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

You are aware of WG's stance on the 'campaings'?

Sub Octavian:

" Halsey and Yamamoto campaigns had a lot of specific tasks with rather specific conditions, while the coal is mostly tied to just playing (whatever you like) and earning it. Of course they cannot be 100% comparable, because campaigns and coal are just different as game mechanics in so many aspects. But regardless, that's just a heads up - we WILL use coal in the future to deliver "at your own pace" content, and what's the most important - it is not time gated. We believe it works just fine. As for the price, well, we believe it is fair within the game economy. We never said it will be cheap - a legendary commander should be priced around top-tier ship." 

" Now, I fully realize that campaigns have a lot of benefits as well, and I am not ignoring your point about them being more flexible. But current campaigns have rather...poor statistics. Of course people use them, but the turnover is not as good as we'd like to see (yes, from the start, I know they are quite old now). There are issues with this feature, and we're investigating what does not work and why, and if we can do something effective about it. Until we're done, I doubt we will invest resources into new campaigns. I sincerely hope we will figure it out somewhere in the beginning of 2020. "

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,308 posts
27 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

can we have the new upcoming German legendary commender in campaign like Yamamoto and Halsey?

hopefully WG will not hide this captain behind such a wall....

• Bad 4

Beta Tester
3,063 posts
3,464 battles

On a related subject, might it not also be fun to have an Operation - that is, a scenario battle - dedicated to German, Japanese and Italian ships?

• Cool 7

[HOO]
3,240 posts
9 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I completed Halsey in roughly half the number of battles it would take me to gain 175k coal (with clan-bonii), using just T8 ships and the North Carolina as US-specific ship. Back then the NC was the only US T8+ ship I had, together with Bismarck... Campaigns >>> the 4-week "grindathon" >>> 175k coal.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
8,697 posts
8,643 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

it is not time gated.

How is it not time gated if they remove coal rewards :cap_hmm:

Or does that mean, Coal ships/cptns actually stay and wont get removed (X for doubt). Well, captains might not get removed, but ships most likely will. Which means, we will get new coal ships constantly, so... its kinda time gated, if i want to use my coal for a ship instead of a captain.

Id prefer Campaigns tbh...

• Cool 3

[HOO]
3,240 posts
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

How is it not time gated if they remove coal rewards

That's Sub's "argument"... the same as you can only gain so much coal per day... which is also time-gating

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
3,063 posts
3,464 battles
16 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

A permanent campaign sounds way better than coal to me

I don't care whether Wargaming will go by coal or by campaign goals, as long as I can count on getting to the finish line by normal, everyday game play. If they put up another campaign, though, I sure hope they set the campaign goals sensibly - which, to be fair, has usually been the case. What I don't want, is more of those annoying "kill missions" that either require you to attack only ships of certain nations, or give points only for sinking but not for doing damage. Those kind of mission parameters promote nothing but bad gameplay.

I should make it clear that I don't mind such general requirements as can be sensibly controlled by the player, such as that you have to play in ships within certain tier brackets, or in ships of certain classes or nations. Those kind of requirements can actually be good for the game, if they are set up with a bit of forethought and concern for balance.

:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
278 posts
1,590 battles

The campaigns suck as they are not campaigns (as in a series of scripted missions etc.) but rather a set of arbitrary achievements half of which are not achievable unless you have specific ships of a specific tier (deal 200000000 torpedo damage while its a full moon on the rear of a T8 Bismarck with a T10 Shimakaze etc.).

[BOBS3]
Players
968 posts
16,974 battles
11 minutes ago, LordTareq said:

The campaigns suck as they are not campaigns (as in a series of scripted missions etc.) but rather a set of arbitrary achievements half of which are not achievable unless you have specific ships of a specific tier (deal 200000000 torpedo damage while its a full moon on the rear of a T8 Bismarck with a T10 Shimakaze etc.).

Do I detect Hyperbole?

Permanent campaigns are more similar to the Directives in the Time Gated Events, without the Time Pressure. Sure some of them require a Carrier or a Destroyer or something, but so do directives, but unlike the Directives you can repeat tasks to make up your star count to unlock the next layer of tasks.

Far better...

• Cool 5

Players
1,414 posts
17,595 battles

Sounds a great idea to make it a campaign like Yamamoto or Halsey however WGs business model appears to have shifted to the time limited grind with easy to purchase crates for added profit - I mean convenience 

• Cool 7

Players
234 posts
21,283 battles
4 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Sub Octavian: blabla

The same SubOct, who proclaims there is no "Russian Bias" but only bias towards russian ships?

Yeah sure. Completely believe him every single word. Just like i believe everything Trump is tweeting......... not

Campaigns at least let`s me choose when and how to play. Not like a supergrindfest over x weeks. Trying to force me to play x amounts of games to fullfill y Task = Very Counter-productive, cause i rather don`t play at all then anymore.

• Cool 6

Players
2,788 posts
15,682 battles

#CampaignsMatter

4 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Suboctavian: "it is not time gated"

And water isn't wet. Nor is there a russian bias in this game

Of course making a statement doesn't make the statement true.

• Cool 4

Players
5,976 posts
10,898 battles

I vote in favor of adding a new permanent campaign to the game! :Smile_honoring:

They give me a sense of completion and I like being able to fiddle with these permanently available missions so I can calculate which ships I will probably play and which rewards I happen to be needing the most.

And campaigns can be done 3 tasks at a time but only 2 at a time without premium account, so paying customers are progressing faster. Oh come on I'm starting to run out of interesting individual tasks as I completed the campaigns a longer while ago and it's a feature I am kinda missing.

• Cool 2

Players
6,327 posts
245 battles

YEs please, non time gated content is always a good thing and its what i would describe as content since it doesnt just disappear after a set time frame.

could also set up some other noice rewards too.

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,162 posts
33,559 battles
7 hours ago, Klopirat said:

A wall? Are you serious? Such commander will be always available to do in a campaign, not time-related like now (tokens, collection containers that are only temporary) and then it'll be gone for months to be for ridiculous amount of coal or by coal containers... Well the second option is less ridiculous cause it needs way less coal. 

• Cool 1

[HOO]
3,240 posts
10 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well the second option is less ridiculous cause it needs way less coal

The coal-price of the Italian containers isn’t yet determined... chances are pretty big it won’t be 5000D like for the other event-containers, but (way) higher. Because "It ShOuLd ReFlEcT ThE EfFoRt ReQuIrEd ThAt HaLsEy & YaMaMotO ReQuIrEd in TeRmS oF CoAl ThAt NeEds To Be EaRneD..."

[MORIA]
Players
7,162 posts
33,559 battles
25 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The coal-price of the Italian containers isn’t yet determined... chances are pretty big it won’t be 5000D like for the other event-containers, but (way) higher. Because "It ShOuLd ReFlEcT ThE EfFoRt ReQuIrEd ThAt HaLsEy & YaMaMotO ReQuIrEd in TeRmS oF CoAl ThAt NeEds To Be EaRneD..."

That's upsetting :cap_old:

[JRM]
Players
5,437 posts
22,561 battles

We are getting Lutiens and Odin soon...

Lets make it an all out german event...

1. Tweak the german lines as you see fit

2. Add a permanent campaign for lutiens with various tasks doable in all relevant battle modes similar to halsey or yammamoto

3. Add a new scenario - Operation Rheinubung where you have to break out of the confign of the RN Home Fleet, no need to stick to the history all the way team can be standard size T7 and 8 german and italian (for extra flavour) ships allowed and it would be a good way to have a T8 CV (graf zeppelin) in an op...

I am not entirely sure what they meant with "low turnover" on campaigns but I suspect its due to fact most of us already finished the main tasks long ago and are now slowly filling up the voids and new players take some time to reach T8-10 ships needed for them, that can be mitigated by making the campaign T6-8 centered, I would love to have more excuse to use my Sharn or Tirp or PEF or even the new Odin when it arrives...

• Cool 5