Sign in to follow this  
OHGOD_NOT_THE_BEES

Game crashes, Armory laggs or doesnt open at all and naval battle isnt updating or not opening at all either

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
45 posts
7,494 battles

Salutations,

so here is the thing. Since the big big patch before the recent one my game is acting up in a way, that i find concerning.

First and most annoying misbehavior is obviously a tendency to simply crash. Happens sometimes just once per playing session, sometimes more often (record is 5 times during clan battles last weekend). That would be bad enough, but now it developted a new habbit of not closing down. So while it does not appear in my task manager anymore , steam shows me it's still running (meaning ofc i can not restart it) so i have to shut down Steam. Sometimes i get a crash report, sometimes i dont (in that case the game is simply goes magically  *puff*). Oh and takes down discord with it and sometimes seems to mess with my grafic settings, since the second monitor goes black while the main monitor is a pixel battlefield.

The second level of misbehavior is, that wows seems to have developted a disliking of my chrome browser. So opening up chrome while running wows causes either my chrome pluggins to crash or chrome itself and sometimes i cant even open it in the first place. Also the game crashes in 10 out of 10 attemps if i have a browser windown open before starting the game and simply keep it minimized.

Irritating sidenote: since said patch, the embeded chromium thingy opens a seperate slot in my audio-mixer, which it is , i am pretty sure of that, not supposed to do. 

I feel i should add, that i run, as far as possible, quite a clean system , that isnt showing any problems otherwise (be it a different game over steam or anything else)

oh and it isnt my security software since i shut that thing down while playing - it does not like the wows exe.

Support did answer my tickets by telling me two times to re-install,or check the files with the check.exe (doesnt find a wows.exe when playing overs team) to send in that report, since thze crash reports seem to have little to no value in that regard (funy fact^^). In the 3 answer i was told to change a line in the engine.config file, which had no effect at except, that that was the moment the game started to mimic a shut down but kept running.

so overall i am at the edge of stop playing (obviously its getting unplayable. if you want to play CB and care a bit about ur W/R) and since threads with this toppic - crashes -  seem to disappear i would just like to know wether these are known issuesthat will be addressed or not. 

toodles

Bees

Edited by OHGOD_NOT_THE_BEES
mis-spelling

2 answers to this question

Players
45 posts
7,494 battles

Here a little update on my issues:

So after getting progressivly worse since 8.1 the crash-ratio seems to have reached its pinnacle now. In random (or clan-battle i suppose though i will not try it for obvious reasons)  it is completely unplayable for me. I enter a battle - game crashes (with all the alrdy mentioned side-effects) and crashes immediatly after re-starting and re-entering the battle.  Best i could manage to do was  getting one chatmessage out to inform my team about the fact that my game keeps crashing.

So I guess that means good bye wows for now. I ll drop in from time to time to see if they were able to fix this %&$&%/$§/%$.

good luck and fair seas o7

833 posts
7,189 battles

Hello,

Reading through your post which lacks of technical information, judging on the behaviour that you also get browser and graphic misbehaviour I would be looking to shift at least some of the blame on your own particular system. Whether corrupt files, conflicting programs or drivers or a virus I have no way of telling with what I have read. That's just what my experience is telling me, I would be looking at going through my computer and getting rid of anything unnessecary or if it's been a few years I may even question whether it is worth a system format and wipe which is generally always a good idea. Make a folder of everything essential that you want to keep and back it up on a spare drive.

Consider it an option if you don't want to go through the potentially long process of finding the culprit(s).

Kind regards,

Minia

Sign in to follow this