You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Daniil_Kvyat

Is WG gonna fix matchmaking and options to opt out from CV matches?

25 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
1,538 battles

Hello, 

As a relatively newcomer with 200~300 battles, i wanna know if there is some definite statement by WG about the current state of the game.

I am either gonna get banned or uninstall the game. Unless they fix instant matchmaking at random battles that i have no way to dodge after being placed in a cv match

i can do nothing else but quit, if i'm gonna poison myself with extreme anger. I've laughed my detonations, i've laughed my stupidity while on DD or giving broadside to bbs 

and many other errors of my own, that didn't piss me off at all, just queued up immediately with my alt ship, but then as i am trying to farm up my ijn gunboat to tier 8, missing like 10k xp

2 matches back 2 back with CVs... Last match before i came to the forum, no DD 2 CVs each team, and me on a myoko. Spotted, sprayed, torped, bombed, predictable.

Anyway, my wows and noob tales is no1's problem obviously. I just wanna opt out of CV matches, simple as that, i don't mind waiting 50', I just wanna play the game, utilizing stealth and positioning.

I am here to enjoy myself, grind, torp/burn ppl and get rekt as well, by outplays or my  own stupidity, I am not here to get angry.

Don't tell me how to counter play a CV, cause first of all that's BS, you can't, you can make his life difficult by simply not playing the game anymore and just backing the [edited]out and hugging as many ships as possible for cover,

I had to look up all those strategies anyway at tier 3+ anyway, 2cvs per game [edited]

I just wanna opt out of playing with CVs with a click, not dodging all the time manually and running the risk of getting instamatched. I am fed up of having my torps gettings spotted randomly, i am tired of popping smokes to avoid 3 runs in a row of rockets, i am tired of not being able  to plan a kill as a DD or surprise broadside as a cruiser even at late game.

Not that this post is gonna make any difference, reddit is burning on that matter, and just about every youtuber i watch is shitting on CVs, and nothing is done about it.

I might as well start torping my CVs and asking the enemy team to do the same at the start of the match.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 4

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,105 posts
18,856 battles
6 minutes ago, HMS_Daniil_Kvyat said:

I just wanna opt out of playing with CVs with a click

"Nope.™" - WG

• Funny 2

Players
6,090 posts
10,262 battles
11 minutes ago, HMS_Daniil_Kvyat said:

I am fed up of having my torps gettings spotted randomly

Atleast on that point I have good news for you: CVs dont spot torpedos.

12 minutes ago, HMS_Daniil_Kvyat said:

I might as well start torping my CVs

Well, make sure to atleast remember the name of the guy above me and spare him - he is your ticket to victory.

• Funny 4

Players
6 posts
1,538 battles

Ey, i didn't know that, bad game knowledge, I mean ill take it, it's something.

Regardless, It's very off putting when you get some tunnel visioned guy after midnight that his sole purpose of existence is to just follow u and even use torp planes on u as a dd which is utterly pointless.

Like, "[edited]off please" let me play the damn game. Yes my team might win if my cv does his thing and i survive and do my job afterwards, but after 3-4 nice clean games why tf must I just feel like i climbed mount doom

and lose just about any mood i had to play.

I mean, i am presuming you guys have some monstrous 10k+ games, i'm just a 50% at 200 games but this objectively doesn't seem healthy. Plus to have to wait retarded amounts of time to dodge cv games is happening already, why not just make life a bit easier... :/

[CATS]
Players
24,656 posts
13,660 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Daniil_Kvyat said:

Don't tell me how to counter play a CV, cause first of all that's BS, you can't, you can make his life difficult by simply not playing the game anymore and just backing the [edited]out and hugging as many ships as possible for cover,...

Maybe you cannot, other people can.

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
1,936 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Daniil_Kvyat said:

Hello, 

As a relatively newcomer with 200~300 battles, i wanna know if there is some definite statement by WG about the current state of the game.

I am either gonna get banned or uninstall the game. Unless they fix instant matchmaking at random battles that i have no way to dodge after being placed in a cv match

i can do nothing else but quit, if i'm gonna poison myself with extreme anger. I've laughed my detonations, i've laughed my stupidity while on DD or giving broadside to bbs 

and many other errors of my own, that didn't piss me off at all, just queued up immediately with my alt ship, but then as i am trying to farm up my ijn gunboat to tier 8, missing like 10k xp

2 matches back 2 back with CVs... Last match before i came to the forum, no DD 2 CVs each team, and me on a myoko. Spotted, sprayed, torped, bombed, predictable.

Anyway, my wows and noob tales is no1's problem obviously. I just wanna opt out of CV matches, simple as that, i don't mind waiting 50', I just wanna play the game, utilizing stealth and positioning.

I am here to enjoy myself, grind, torp/burn ppl and get rekt as well, by outplays or my  own stupidity, I am not here to get angry.

Don't tell me how to counter play a CV, cause first of all that's BS, you can't, you can make his life difficult by simply not playing the game anymore and just backing the [edited]out and hugging as many ships as possible for cover,

I had to look up all those strategies anyway at tier 3+ anyway, 2cvs per game cancer... 

I just wanna opt out of playing with CVs with a click, not dodging all the time manually and running the risk of getting instamatched. I am fed up of having my torps gettings spotted randomly, i am tired of popping smokes to avoid 3 runs in a row of rockets, i am tired of not being able  to plan a kill as a DD or surprise broadside as a cruiser even at late game.

Not that this post is gonna make any difference, reddit is burning on that matter, and just about every youtuber i watch is shitting on CVs, and nothing is done about it.

I might as well start torping my CVs and asking the enemy team to do the same at the start of the match.

Careful now, they don't take kindly to criticism round these parts. You're better off uninstalling and playing War Thunder. I have a much better time when playing that.  

[BODEM]
Players
674 posts
6,313 battles

So this is just an "I hate CVs" post (which I am ok with), as the question to be able to opt out of battles with CVs in them is self-explanatory ofcourse. I take it nobody would think WG would make the option available to do so, as everyone would opt out, instantly making the CV rework useless. So no, logically there will not be such a type of option available. I do pray the future battles without CVs will far outnumber the ones with CVs for you, OP.

• Cool 1

Players
2,496 posts
9,930 battles

CVs are not to blame for everything. Good teamwork can trouble average cv players enough to give even chance but opting out as u suggest (while I support all rants) is not a good idea. Having option to exclude a class of ships can turn the game very predictable and dull.  CVs will go first ok, then subs (if and when), then dds cuz some people hate them, prob the HE-spamming cruisers some other people hate those. Not much left after that.

I hate dds that know their sh*t when I'm in CV, AA cruisers too but not all.

Unless it's the weekend then I hate my team and my life. 

I hate radar cruisers when in a dd more than I hate CVs, though I hate em too.

Some CVs suck so I kinda like 'em. 

I hate everyone but dds (them I blap np) in my cruisers cuz I suck prob

unless its a UK line, then I dont mind I'm gut wit them, but not in weekends.

I suck in weekends in all cruisers. yea :Smile_sceptic: 

I hate dds in my BBs and some cruisers but not all. CVs I don't give a damn unless its some unicum but those are like martians in Tahiti.

Pretty rare. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Players
2,444 posts
11,389 battles

Tbh i feel that all these "i wanna opt out of CV games" topics all have either l2p or just plain selfish reasons.

i read OP's post and all i get from it is "I wanna farm other ships without a CV spotting me and prevent from farming".

I almost don't even play CVs anymore after the rework cause i prefer the rts and im crap with the rework style but I don't think i have any issues playing against a CV ever lol, be it then and now.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,241 posts
4,972 battles
25 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Tbh i feel that all these "i wanna opt out of CV games" topics all have either l2p or just plain selfish reasons.

Or both, definetly plenty of both around as well

• Funny 1

Players
53 posts
8,500 battles

hum...difficult topic.  One reason given for the re-work was "close the skill gap" so that having a bad or good cv in your team would not make such a big difference anymore. As a dd main i have to say: hard fail on that. So for me the situation is even worse then before the re-work, because now more people play them (one of the other given reasons for the re-work, well that was a success-yay). So when you have a potatoecv on TX, who goes and shredds his planes on the first blobb of  ships he spots or simply farms dmg, while the enemy cv activly keeps you spotted wand provides aa cover for his dd, the battle will get very unenjoyable. And the difference is way hmore significant then in other classes-as it was before the re-work *shruggs*

But since WG likes their spreadsheets so much, why not try the opt-out option? That would give them some really hard data on the subject. i would bet everything i own, they would not like the result, but hey..maybe I am wrong.

CVs eunt domus :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
918 posts
7,475 battles

That's not gonna happen. WG is selling a lot op premium CVs and if they add an option to avoid them, everybody else will do so and they will have to play 12 cv vs 12 cv all their matches. There will be no fodder for them and WG wouldnt want to upset their big bang spenders... 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,105 posts
18,856 battles
36 minutes ago, OHGOD_NOT_THE_BEES said:

while the enemy cv activly keeps you spotted and provides aa cover for his dd

That's a potato move tho.

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,749 posts
11,018 battles
6 hours ago, HMS_Daniil_Kvyat said:

Hello, 

I just wanna opt out of CV matches, simple as that, i don't mind waiting 50', I just wanna play the game, utilizing stealth and positioning.

I am here to enjoy myself, grind, torp/burn ppl

Hello,

I am a CV player I just wanna opt out stealthy DDs, simple as that, i don't mind waiting 50', I just wanna play the game, utilizing my planes.

I am here to enjoy myself, grind, torp/burn ppl not to look minutes after the little buggers.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
650 posts
5 minutes ago, kfa said:

Hello,

I am a CV player I just wanna opt out stealthy DDs, simple as that, i don't mind waiting 50', I just wanna play the game, utilizing my planes.

I am here to enjoy myself, grind, torp/burn ppl not to look minutes after the little buggers.

yeah, pretty same ..., i would like to opt-out from whiners who would like to opt-out and blahblahblh...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,414 posts
17,595 battles

No way WG would do that as then it would set a precedent for people to demand opt outs from other classes. Whilst the CV rework has taken my neutral view of CVs and turned it into loathing for them opting out isnt the solution. 

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,105 posts
18,856 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

I am a CV player I just wanna opt out stealthy DDs

Wat, why?

Think about all the deliciously easy targets you're missing out on!

I'd rather take a match without any BBs. BBs are by far the most pain in the aft to deal with in CVs.

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[-LA-]
Players
456 posts
3,924 battles

would be sweet to be able to opt out of DD's imagine the game would be a lot more fun then .. oo can i opt out of HE spam to? 

• Funny 2

[BOBS3]
Players
968 posts
16,974 battles

To all who wish to opt out...

You can... 

Due to the Glorious Coop Match Making Rework you can opt out of having any other players in your match at all.

:Smile_trollface:

Try it on a Saturday afternoon... Or a Friday evening... It doesn't matter what tier, (I tried from T5 to T10) . 

And most matches (90%) have bots on your team. You might be unlucky and have a fully staffed team of 9 players.

10% of matches have no players on your team.

:cap_rambo:

If this is the example of Fixing Match Making then I doubt that people are going to enjoy it when they implement it in Randoms. 

@HMS_Daniil_Kvyat

Good news. The Bot CVs can only drop torpedoes with any accuracy so you'll do all right.

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
1,227 battles

In reply to OP:

If I can manage to make a CV player leave me alone in Aoba, then surely you can as well?

Yes, I have a few more battles & thus experience of getting sunk (a lot) and how to not get sunk (unproductively).

Obviously if you run into any of the 'Carrier Gods' then you're sunk, just do as much damage as you can.

Fortunately the vast majority of CVs are driven by people who like planes and sitting at the back, make their life hard and they'll pick an easier target. Even 2 CV (per side) games can be fun. Unless its (for example) El2aZer & Bear_Necessities on the other side:Smile_hiding:

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
9 hours ago, HMS_Daniil_Kvyat said:

Hello, 

I had to look up all those strategies anyway at tier 3+ anyway, 2cvs per game cancer... 

A newbies introduction ot this game is currently a horrible experience - slow ships that cant hit anything and total domination in multi-CV matches.

It gets better, somewhat, but CVs still poison the pond, as do various OP Russian ships due to the gross anti-historical Russian bias of the Russian designers.

WeeGee atm only care about revenue though - they dont seem to grasp that failing to improve their churn-rate by improving gameplay is going to be their downfall.... so... up to you, but they will never exclude ship-types from the Matchmaker in general game formats.

5,814 posts
10,262 battles

Hello there,

a few points regarding this forum (and it's rules):

1. There is a dedicated Matchmaking thread, that you can use for questions related to the MM in general. Rest assured though that as of now, no information are around regarding an "opt-out" of a certain class.

2. There is also a dedicated thread regarding the discussion about CV's (including any interaction's with and as other classes).

So please use the appropriate threads to ask/discuss your problem.

3. Please take a look at the rules of this forum and not insult other players

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/announcement/3-world-of-warships-forum-rules/

Thread locked!

• Cool 1