Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BattleshipGunner

Old operations return - When?

34 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts
944 battles

Hi.

Apparently, before the CV rework there were a few other operations (Hermes, Cherry Blossom, etc.)

Are these ever going to return?

As far as I know, the CVs are back in co-op mode again and stuff like that.

• Cool 1

Players
8,785 posts
8,664 battles
28 minutes ago, BattleshipGunner said:

Latest info was, that they dont have resources to make them available again... so who knows? Maybe never :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,914 posts
11,979 battles
24 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Maybe never

That would be a great shame - Dynamo and that T8 cruiser one (whatever it's called) were particularly fun.

Personally, I would 100% much rather get the old Ops back (updated, of course) than have submarines introduced - assuming that's the current trade-off.

• Cool 13

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

Wargaming doesn’t care for OPS anymore. Probably doesn’t bring in the « money without effort » they now so seem to crave.

• Cool 16

[BABBY]
Players
635 posts
9,866 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Latest info was, that they dont have resources to make them available again... so who knows? Maybe never :Smile_sad:

I bought Sims specifically to farm free exp in Dynamo and then SubO announced they are staying in Gulag. But hey, look at those shiny subs everybody asked for! /s

• Cool 11

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,210 battles

I believe that returning the old operations and bring in new operations in should be a priority rather than building temporary "special event" operations.

There is a significant player base that like to spend time doing operations.

• Cool 14

[JRM]
Players
5,535 posts
22,760 battles
50 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

I miss the old ops. Sub octavian said they were low priority

Or read - 0 priority...

• Cool 5

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,210 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Or read - 0 priority...

Which is a pretty ropey state of affairs.

:Smile_sad:

[JRM]
Players
5,535 posts
22,760 battles
1 hour ago, Cambera_1 said:

Which is a pretty ropey state of affairs.

:Smile_sad:

Yep seems the good old ops went the way of campaigns, seems all they work on nowadays are T8-10 premiums, directives and grindy alternate game mods for hoarding temp currencies...

• Cool 4

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,210 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Yep seems the good old ops went the way of campaigns, seems all they work on nowadays are T8-10 premiums, directives and grindy alternate game mods for hoarding temp currencies...

Ops - Good

Campaigns - Good

Time limited grinds - not so good!

:Smile_hiding:

#BringBackOps

#BringBackDynamo

#BringBackCherryBlossom

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
3,437 posts

Ah... shiver me timbers, the salty legends of the auld.. aye, matey, me too miss them old operations.. the game feels not the same anymore without them... :cap_old:

Players
1,437 posts
17,658 battles

I do miss the old operations especially at weekends when random battles are just to painful. The variety of operations made for a lot of fun and I was hoping we would see more OPs loosely based on historical events such as the channel dash, Malta convoys and the Tokyo express. 

Although part of the reason I miss the variety is this weeks OP is defence of naval station Newport and sadly a lot of people struggle on this one and I mean really struggle at it. 

• Cool 5

Players
811 posts
9,667 battles
3 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Ah... shiver me timbers, the salty legends of the auld.. aye, matey, me too miss them old operations.. the game feels not the same anymore without them... :cap_old:

Shooting japs in the Pacific with a Kutuzov never got old. Unlike all these current ops.

Players
811 posts
9,667 battles
9 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I do miss the old operations especially at weekends when random battles are just to painful. The variety of operations made for a lot of fun and I was hoping we would see more OPs loosely based on historical events such as the channel dash, Malta convoys and the Tokyo express. 

Although part of the reason I miss the variety is this weeks OP is defence of naval station Newport and sadly a lot of people struggle on this one and I mean really struggle at it. 

Yup, it doesn't matter how many times you say "shoot the DDs"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ANV]
Players
519 posts
4,450 battles
10 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Yup, it doesn't matter how many times you say "shoot the DDs"

It's always the last one that gets in. Grrrrrr

[I-J-N]
Players
3,437 posts
10 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Shooting japs in the Pacific with a Kutuzov never got old. Unlike all these current ops.

:Smile_unsure:... uhm... quite so....

Players
68 posts
944 battles

Oh

Well that's a shame that the old ops are (supposedly) are never to return, as I never had the chance to play them and so did most new players to this game.

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
18 hours ago, BattleshipGunner said:

Hi.

Apparently, before the CV rework there were a few other operations (Hermes, Cherry Blossom, etc.)

As far as I know, the CVs are back in co-op mode again and stuff like that.

Their ship is leaking badly, so everyone is focued on "earning revenue" over things like improving the game. New ships, new ways to spend money - forget the Ops.

They wont come back.

• Cool 2

Players
68 posts
944 battles

So the only way to add some variety to the game is monthly events with temporary currency. Don't get me wrong some of these events are fun, but it's kinda repetitive now. I find Ops quite fun, it's just a shame that there are only like 4 or 5 ops.

• Cool 8

Players
5,976 posts
10,961 battles
On 11/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, BlackYeti said:

I bought Sims specifically to farm free exp in Dynamo and then SubO announced they are staying in Gulag. But hey, look at those shiny subs everybody asked for! /s

Same thing for me. But I did use it to do plane kill missions, but the AA is also not up there anymore.

I have to say this twilight thing is fun, but those cost resources too and only stay for a couple weeks. Seems more like a priority thingy to me.

Players
136 posts

I too hope that old operations return. And perhaps even new operations. Operations are a great game mode, easy and relaxing enough, but not as much easy as coop.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,565 posts
14,730 battles
38 minutes ago, M4R4Z said:

Operations are a great game mode, easy and relaxing enough, but not as much easy as coop.

Mostly. There is always Newport and its world of fail, Killer Whale and the exit zone confusion, Aegis being played so badly Amagi spawns, Raptor getting stuck on a rock 50 feet from the end zone, Narai and the terrible tale of the abandoned convoy.... Eek. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this