Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

remove arty!

41 comments in this topic

Players
627 posts
2,825 battles

no, seriously... I just started playing WoWs casually over boredom in WoT only to meet another form of arty in airplanes I can do almost nothing about ??

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 6

[CATS]
Players
24,798 posts
13,697 battles
10 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

no, seriously... I just started playing WoWs casually over boredom in WoT only to meet another form of arty in airplanes I can do almost nothing about ??

There is a lot you can do.

• Cool 1

[NAN0]
Players
252 posts
1,847 battles

If you survived WoT's toxic gameplay, shitty mechanics and gold ammo.......you should be having a relatively easy time in wows ? There are far less cvs than arty, thats for sure though.

[501L]
Players
377 posts
4,326 battles

*goes to raise a finger* Erm...yeah wrong forum there buddy.

Also you complaining about Arty now? You do not know the horrors of the old version of arty, imagine getting one shot out of the middle of nowhere with very little chance to do anything. Sure the current stun mechanic is annoying as heck but it's better than suddenly taking 1700 damage from a 203mm HE shell.

Players
30 posts
10,808 battles
50 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There is a lot you can do.

Care to elaborate or better show us?

How do you fight the CV?

[CATS]
Players
24,798 posts
13,697 battles
Just now, HassenderZerhacker said:

pray tell what I can do?

1 minute ago, Arturius_2 said:

How do you fight the CV?

What line/ship is your problem?

Not that there are no other posts about CV, AA or specific lines/ships in the forum...

Players
30 posts
10,808 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

What line/ship is your problem?

Not that there are no other posts about CV, AA or specific lines/ships in the forum...

How do you play objective in DD vs Good CV player?

How do you play let say Dreadnought vs CV ...

How do reduce damage from the rocket plans playing any ship type

How you are not going to be spotted vs CV ..

etc.

Care to show?

[CATS]
Players
24,798 posts
13,697 battles
1 minute ago, Arturius_2 said:

How do you play objective in DD vs Good CV player?

How do you play let say Dreadnought vs CV ...

How do reduce damage from the rocket plans playing any ship typo

How you are not going to be spoted vs CV ..

etc.

Care to show?

Many questions. Pages of answers can be found on the forum, therefore I will make it short.

1. I assume you mean Domination. Do not take the direct and easy to predict route to cap. Suggest that every DD takes a different cap. CV can only cover one cap at a time. Evade planes as soon as they are spotted. 100m more distance can make a difference.
  2. Stay near ships with stronger AA. Be extra careful and do not overextend. And when you have trouble handling planes, she is not the best ship to learn it.
  3. DD, do not get spotted, turn into the attack that the planes overshoot. CA, either improve AA or stay near ships with decent AA and evade. BB, what rocket planes?
  4. BB, you will get spotted. CA, you usually do not need to evade spotting, sail in a way that it does not matter, otherwise see DD. DD, watch where the planes are, react in time. Be extra careful when you do not know where the planes are.

Cossack vs Tier VIII and X CV.

https://replayswows.com/replay/44982#stats

Please take not of the damage by planes on the Cossack and the base XP.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
6,409 posts
245 battles

Btw the above info is useless if the cv is good and above in terms of play.

if hes incompetent then you can do the above but by staying so close to your teammates for aa you’re advertising yourself as useless.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
24,798 posts
13,697 battles
6 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Btw the above info is useless if the cv is good and above in terms of play.

if hes incompetent then you can do the above but by staying so close to your teammates for aa you’re advertising yourself as useless.

Maybe you should explain how you define good. Because what I wrote works vs around 90% of the CV players, maybe even 95%.

• Bad 1

Players
6,409 posts
245 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Maybe you should explain how you define good. Because what I wrote works vs around 90% of the CV players, maybe even 95%.

How about no.

[SM0KE]
Players
4,870 posts
11,903 battles

Whilst this is probably a non-constructive whine thread, the following tip may help: when playing DDs, if your AA firing range is longer than the distance from which you're spotted from the air (press and hold H in game, to get this information quickly), leave your AA deactivated - p key is the toggle - until you are actually spotted.

• Cool 2

Players
6,409 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Then you do not even know what you claim. Good job :Smile_great:

Well i do, but you're trying to argue for the sake of argueing.

[CATS]
Players
24,798 posts
13,697 battles
3 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Well i do, but you're trying to argue for the sake of argueing.

Anybody can claim that. And your explanation could be have been shorter than what you are still posting in this thread...

Since evading an argument is obviously NOT your motivation and you did not answer an easy and quick to answer question, I can only draw the conclusion that you do not know what you are talking about.

Players
6,409 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Anybody can claim that. And your explanation could be have been shorter than what you are still posting in this thread...

Since evading an argument is obviously NOT your motivation and you did not answer an easy and quick to answer question, I can only draw the conclusion that you do not know what you are talking about.

Well, Yeah but i said isn't incorrect.

Also the points you made are true (unless you think, im proving you wrong which im not btw) just under certain circumstances they aren't. (see cv thread).

Think you need to calm down a bit fam.

EDIT: typo's.

[CATS]
Players
24,798 posts
13,697 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

Well, Yeah but i said isn't incorrect.

Also the points you made are true (unless you think, im proving you wrong which im not btw) just under certain circumstances they aren't. (see cv thread).

Think you need to calm down a bit fam.

EDIT: typo's.

You claim that. But you do not explain it. You are basicly calling 90%+ of the CV players incompetent.

And you are still argueing instead of explaining what you meant....

Players
6,409 posts
245 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

You claim that. But you do not explain it. You are basicly calling 90%+ of the CV players incompetent.

I would say 60%-70% but yeah sure.

Just now, ColonelPete said:

Eh, you qouted me first.

Oh well.

402593891_interestingnoicelol.thumb.jpg.04fd9a8ac446e2a1c3b6c29396707d39.jpg

[CATS]
Players
24,798 posts
13,697 battles
29 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

I would say 60%-70% but yeah sure.

That translates roughly to players of the 50 to 52% WR range.

Spoiler

dense_winrate_20190413_e.png

And I can assure you that CV counterplay works vs MUCH better CV players.

Players
6,409 posts
245 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That translates roughly to players of the 50 to 52% WR range.

Reveal hidden contents

dense_winrate_20190413_e.png

And I can assure that CV counterplay works vs MUCH better CV players.

Fair enough, i just picked random numbers anyways.

Players
2,804 posts
15,752 battles

Funny how a single one-liner can re-ignite the endless CV vs DD debate

2 hours ago, Arturius_2 said:

How do you fight the CV?

Good CVs will kill any ship going solo, it is only a matter of time.

Counterplay revolves around reducing the damage, not negating it bcause WG reasons.

DDs and CVs have been discussed exhaustively in the CV thread, around 100 pages long. CVs can counters 1 DD hard but it can take > 10 min for CV to kill that DD if played correctly by the DD. Meanwhile, the other 11 ships are free to do as they will on the map, so if you get focused, simply make the CV burn time.

@ColoneslPete gave good advice. I'll add: turn aa off (press p) unless actually spotted from air to reduced spotting range, and also if about to be spotted by rocket planes(RF), better smoke up BEFORE they fire at you multiple times (or even before they detect you if they are 100% going to).

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I'd say the numbers are a LOT lower, maybe 75% will give up search/miss/look for better targets. The remaining quarter dont care about DD turning in, unless US CV using HVARs, and so it is only about how persistent the CV will be. True only very few CVs will singlemindedly go after the same DD untill it's dead, but then most DDs are so clueless they die to the first CV strike and makes persistence a moot point...

44 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Sorry but you said so yourself above. You argue with yourself.

• Cool 1

Players
94 posts
1,330 battles

Sorry if I have to interject and especially since it's a thread that's probably going to be locked soon anayway, but I've read this "you can do a lot of things against CV" so many times and NEVER are there real solutions to the problem, ESPECIALLY if the CV is half decent as @CptBarney has pointed out.

And Im not talking about turning off AA guns until spotted. I expect every DD captain worth their salt to already do so.

- "Don't go straight for cap": True, if you don't take the shortest course there he won't find you quickly. But even if you take your time towards a cap in the beginning and don't straightline there, just capping broadcasts your location to everyone. A half competent CV will then look for you in the vicinity and ruin your life.

- "Don't be where he expects you": I've asked this question multiple times now: Where do you think a DD should be to not draw the ire of a CV? Even ignoring caps, if I'm screening and spotting as I should, the DDs are going to be in front of the fleet. So unless you're totally out of position or behind the fleet (and thus useless) a CV has a very good idea where to start looking. Or even worse, try not being anywhere predictable in a epicentre game! I've seen plaes completely search each circle until all DDs had been eliminated.

- "Avoid the planes spotting you": If it was so easy to avoid planes and not get spotted, every DD would be able to do so most of the time. I mean yes, it CAN be done to stay clear of them for some limited time, but since you'll be in a corridor the planes will fly over if you're in front of the targets in the back and planes usually are a lot faster than you can vacate, eventually you WILL get spotted, even if it's just briefly. And then kiss your torp runs goodbye since every halfwit BB captain will now expect them from where you've been, severely reducing your damage potential.

- "Just dodge": While more of a meme at this point it holds true for the lower end of CV players. I've had games where I dodged attacks for minutes and he didn't hit me. But being permaspotted while enduring wave after wave pretty much puts you out of the fight at minimum, or worst case gets you blapped by enemy team. And if it's a good CV player theres NOTHING you can do but maybe prolong the inevitable.

- "Don't lone wolf, stick to AA heavy ships": Ok, by this you'll severely increase your odds of getting detected by accident. Also, I've had, on multiple ocasions, gotten blapped by planes even while sitting next to a cruiser and BB. In one case it was the final lineup. DD, CA and BB vs. CV. and he killed us all while we were on course towards him. First the cruiser got citad, then rockets for me and last was the BB by TBs.

Of course it is still possible to have good games in surface ships and DDs in particular, but if you are up against a good CV it's just going to be miserable, guaranteed. And while this post is definitely a bit ranty (sorry), I'm genuinely interested in hearing any further proposed solutions, I really am. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5