You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Purnylla

The amount of bots on the player team in coop is insane

30 comments in this topic

[GEUS]
Players
198 posts
6,426 battles

Had too many battles recently with only 2 or 3 human players in co-op battles recently. I really dislike games like that. I rather wait longer in queue for a team, play in smaller teams, or play with a non-ideal formation of ships. Anything is better than being grouped with so many bots on the team. Problem seems to occur more frequently recently. 

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,791 posts
10,706 battles

I was in  a battle around 7:30am where I was the only player (I did win the battle in a DD at least) - the rest were all BOTS.  I think the 30 seconds should go out to 1 minute.

[CATS]
Players
24,919 posts
13,716 battles

Out of prime time and rare Tiers, can do that.

Had a game at 11 pm at Tier IX were I was the only human. Was quite challenging.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,569 posts
14,743 battles

Try it when you're in a CV. :cap_fainting:

This is happening all the time and I can't see why. Last night the game said there were 70 players in the queue and I ended up with three human players. Odd. 

Although I am coming to the conclusion that a game mode with a mix of humans and bots on both sides could be fun.

• Cool 4

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,204 posts
4,624 battles

That happens almost regularly at T VIII. Single human player. That´s when even Coop gets some kind of challenging. But i totally enjoy myself in those matches

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,043 posts

I much prefer bots over human players on my teams in co-op.

Human players I have often found to be far worse then any bot. Eight players went in, seven died without a single enemy bot killed or even half down on HP, and I had to clean up that mess by my lone self (yes, that happened for real). Friendly bots at least engage, shoot their guns, and sink a few enemies.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[GEUS]
Players
198 posts
6,426 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Out of prime time and rare Tiers, can do that.

Had a game at 11 pm at Tier IX were I was the only human. Was quite challenging.

A saturday afternoon doesn't sound like "out of prime time". Not sure Tiers IV-V count as 'rare' either. 

• Cool 1

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
28 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

Had too many battles recently with only 2 or 3 human players in co-op battles recently. I really dislike games like that. I rather wait longer in queue for a team, play in smaller teams, or play with a non-ideal formation of ships. Anything is better than being grouped with so many bots on the team. Problem seems to occur more frequently recently. 

Best type of co-op IS with just 1 human in the team - maximise XP and less chance to get TK'd.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
860 posts
11,990 battles

I don't understand why this is a problem (for players on EU and NA). If there are more bots than humans resist the urge to yolo because your match is no longer a damage race but a marathon. You need to start thinking how to preserve your HP, sacrificing some bot allies and saving others where they are most useful to you.

The only thing that is bugging me is having bot CVs on both sides, which is slightly problematic playing a DD. The CVs add so little value to the match experience and just drag out the time. I preferred the old solution of having an extra top-tier BB instead.

Edit: just to clarify I didn't wish to belittle anybody else playing co-op since 0.8.10. The number of bots is unprecedented as a result of the matchmaker excluding human players. The problem I have is not the challenge aspect, but instead the time such battles now take. One of the main attractions of co-op play is the fast turnover; or it used to be!!

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

I have some other issues with the bots in my team for quite a while now. It appears that some of them are actively trying to kill me. I don't mean accidental torpings into a melee, but torpedo attacks targeted precisely at me - e.g. enemy ships far north and well out of range of the "assassin bot", me in the south and within range. Is this intended to happen? It mostly occurs at low tier battles.

Players
1,923 posts
6,510 battles

The change in Co-Op MatchMaker in 0.8.10 has made it more difficult to properly fill teams with all humans as the new "MM-Balance" really hurts queue times vs making all human teams.

I don't think it'll be a success in PvP when it goes live (this new 3-5-7 style MM) if it's already getting complaints in the much rarer Co-Op games. However the increase to 9 bots is fine.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,057 posts
13,287 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, IanH755 sagte:

[...] However the increase to 9 bots is fine.

If only there weren't so many premature battle ends because of zero-points-left now. :Smile_hiding:

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles
55 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

If only there weren't so many premature battle ends because of zero-points-left now. :Smile_hiding:

Same in Random for some time now....

Players
1,415 posts
8,244 battles

Think about it, the more bots on your team the more damage and XP you can farm (and even complete some missions, like land X amount of shells with your main battery) when your team it's full of human players you can kill one or two bots before the battle would end.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
4,641 posts
19,237 battles

I rather play alone with 8 bots against 9 bots than with ANY amount of humans on my team.

Way better chance to achieve what made me play CoOp... ^^

And them bots often are better than many humans I get as CoOp teammates, too..

Players
95 posts
7,605 battles
7 hours ago, IanH755 said:

The change in Co-Op MatchMaker in 0.8.10 has made it more difficult to properly fill teams with all humans as the new "MM-Balance" really hurts queue times vs making all human teams. However the increase to 9 bots is fine.

If you can't find 7people to make a team, why increase the number to 9.

When the team is mostly bots, win/loss is more random.  3 ships left in game 1 full health friendly Battleship 1 half dead cruiser, and 1 full health enemy battleship.  Now the battleship could have stayed where he was and capped, we would have won, he could have engaged the enemy ship 50/50 win or lose. instead it sailed off to the top of the map and did nothing.  1 half dead cruiser saved the game.

It's nearly killed world of planes, why try it here

[_ES_]
Players
18 posts
5,441 battles
8 hours ago, Purnylla said:

I actually prefer coop battles with bots. When fullfilling directives it's much easier with bots because they won't steal your kills :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,279 posts
4,996 battles
9 hours ago, Purnylla said:

Consider it a challenge, coming from a player that's won battles with only two actual players on the "player" team (here's how: Keep your bots alive)

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
12 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Well they aren't much different to humans.

I'd been sitting more or less stationary in smoke for a minute when torps appeared from behind me as a cruiser sailed past, BLAM! I thought 'right I'm reporting him' only to then see it was a bot on my team, no, I mean a real bot! There wasn't even an enemy ship the other side of me for it to torp. And we criticise WG for not making the bots realistic?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,791 posts
10,706 battles
12 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I rather play alone with 8 bots against 9 bots than with ANY amount of humans on my team.

Way better chance to achieve what made me play CoOp... ^^

I think that is true except for when you play a CV - the bots tend to keep pushing and don't go back to defend the cap.  If this happens the CV ends up with no where to run to - at least human players will usually, but not always, go back and defend the cap.

Players
378 posts
7,298 battles
On Saturday16 Nov 19 at 1:41 PM, Egoleter said:

I much prefer bots over human players on my teams in co-op.

I would agree, but with a small caveat.  I play Co-op to get particular achievements done.  So less human players = more chance for me to get that achievement or two.

• Cool 5