Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

Should I get the Harugumo?

13 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
374 posts
4,314 battles

Currently got her unlocked from having played the Kita (a lot), I'm just curious if I should upgrade to the Haru, is she worth it in this current CV meta?

[SLAPP]
Players
1,358 posts
8,406 battles

its still a good ship to play.  nothing has changed appart from now u have to play a bit more passive in the start if there is a cv.

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
495 posts
16,133 battles

She's not as nimble and she takes full AP pens, but the DPM is higher. I'd only upgrade if you have funds and port space to keep the Kitakaze which is tier for tier a better ship.

Players
2,789 posts
15,692 battles

Kitakaze is probably the best allround DD in the game, definitely a keeper.

It is almost tier 9.9 like Musashi :Smile_smile:

If you have the funds to buy it, Harugumo is worth it, but tier for tier weaker.

It has more guns and hp, but also takes full AP pens and maneuverability is clunkier, akin to the Akizuki.

Still, it is one of the 3 best gunboat tier X DDs imo (the others being Daring and Kleber).

• Cool 1

Players
104 posts
8,128 battles
10 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I play CVs, if anything, then Haragumo has good AA.

Also eats rockets like a champ. Having no heal just makes things better. Always worth throwing a plane or few at it, not like you'll almost ever run out of them anyway.

Players
801 posts
9,616 battles
20 hours ago, DrMechano said:

Currently got her unlocked from having played the Kita (a lot), I'm just curious if I should upgrade to the Haru, is she worth it in this current CV meta?

Get it for T10 ranked or CB, otherwise stick to Kita.

Players
1,804 posts
12,213 battles

Kita is better DD (one of the best in WoWs really) while Haru is better played like a CL (a kind of a beta Smolensk with improved pen but worse handling and no hydro or heal). Vulnerable as :etc_swear:to torpedoes. Turning radius of BB, sloooow acceleration. Worth taking AFT (instead of CE even) or range upgrade to rain the fire whole game long. If you want more classic DD fun stick to Kita and keep her regardless of what you will decide.

• Cool 1

[501L]
Players
374 posts
4,314 battles

Yeah I've had the Kita (along with a perma-camo for her) for an absolute age it was only just recently I went "oh...yeah..the Haru...completely forgot about researching that..." So I was curious about buying her. However as many have pointed out the Haru is kind of like a side-grade not an upgrade, it's easier to spot and even more sluggish (The Kita isn't the most nimble of DDs) in exchange for 2 more guns. So yeah, I'll pass on picking it up for now.

Players
1,804 posts
12,213 battles
1 hour ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Get it for T10 ranked or CB, otherwise stick to Kita.

If I could I'd rather take Kita in TX ranked or CB. I think WG should allow into CB lower tier ships as well (not for ranked from obvious reasons). It should be clan's choice what line up to take. And it would be fun and a breath of a fresh air with new tactical opportunities.

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
969 posts
16,995 battles
2 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

If I could I'd rather take Kita in TX ranked or CB. I think WG should allow into CB lower tier ships as well (not for ranked from obvious reasons). It should be clan's choice what line up to take. And it would be fun and a breath of a fresh air with new tactical opportunities.

Interesting idea

2 hours ago, DrMechano said:

I'll pass on picking it up for now

Don't forget that there are the "Snowflakes" and the like - useful to have it for those as well as "options to play something different"

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this