Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

Broken ships, the fault is on BB's

126 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,170 posts
8,101 battles

2054758005_hesright.jpeg.904254b4d06ac0a874f9318fea8a6d6e.jpeg

 

Hello,

          I don't feel I can add a lot to this thread if I'm honest, I mean I've criticised WG and voiced my opinions enough about the game being dumbed down and skill-less changes being practically enforced on us, to the point in which I'm just tired. I am tired of this game's mediocre evolution and new changes, gimmicks and events always being added which we may have not necessarily asked for. WarGaming's attitude to balancing seems to be based indirectly. DDs too strong? Nerf them with SAP. BBs too strong? Introduce Smolensk and deepwater torps. It appears WG like to solve problems using IFHE, fire damage and flooding and sure they have their uses but I mean, is there any reason not to reverse some of the changes which have taken skill out of the game and swapped it for RNG? Raise BB citadels, allow full-pen damage on DDs, reduce the skill-ceiling on ships like Smolensk, get rid of gimmick skills like IFHE or RPF, perhaps even give the silver british BB line the charecteristics we wanted. Cause quite frankly, the premium British BB line is the one we all wanted I think... Warspite, Hood, Nelson and Vanguard are great with tanking and AP. WG wanted more HE in the meta, that's fair, but surely the CV rework and ships like Worcester, Smolensk, Kleber and Harugumo have sorta filled that purpose now?

 

I don't dislike the game, but I remember enjoying it far more when I first started playing. Back when you could punish mistakes and got punished for mistakes and you had more reason to sink enemy ships or go for caps because back in the day the only way to get a victory was to sink all enemy ships or get to 1000 points otherwise it was a draw, no matter the difference in points or ships. And let's not forget it was pretty hard back then to earn a good profit. Heck even with premium and decent camo, at T8 you were lucky to break even on a loss. 

 

Honestly I'm not sure what to say any more, game feels mediocre. I don't feel like I'm learning or getting better when I get a high-damage salvoes or win gunfights, I just feel like I'm either lucky or just sitting and holding down M1. The game doesn't excite me any more, maybe it's because I've reached a limit and that's fine I guess. But it's disappointing, I would hope WarGaming raise the bar and give us a meta were skill counts but well it's been 4 years and now I'm getting tired.

 

~Minia

  • Cool 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

This argument sounds like "Let's just blame BBs for.... *thinks for a minute* *shuffles a deck* *pulls out a card* the reason why so many absurd ship capabilities exist." I never understood this animosity between people who play different classes. As a cruiser, I feel I **** all over every BB that tries to..... play an objective. As a destroyer, the skill gap is so gargantuan it's just an easy win most of the time.

 

As a BB, I enjoy the honor and privilege of being a farm pinata that will die unless it rolls good RNG and somehow manages to find a few citadels, while the enemy rolls terrible RNG and doesn't manage to start the usual fires. Or maybe I get lucky and don't happen to come across a cruiser that was unspotted for ages by our excellent (/sarcasm) DDs.

I play BBs whenever I want to meme around with buddies and try something hilarious, but there's a reason it's my least-played class. Most of those battles in BB were when I first started out in the game and some people I wish were still around so I can strangle told me that this was the easiest class to play. It's by far a class I don't find *impossible* to play, but one in which I think I have not reached the skill level to master correctly yet. I'll admit a lot of what I'm saying is a git gud issue and I'll make no qualms about it at all. BB is probably the class that requires a strong sense of situational awareness and an impeccable sense of positioning. It's something I'm working on and gladly have found a little success in over time.

However, I doubt that I will be any more pleased with the class if I play it better. It's just masochism central and the fact that an absolute potato like myself is able to more easily influence games in other classes probably says a lot about the state of the game.

I personally just don't understand this overall hatred towards BB players.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
2,717 posts
9,940 battles
6 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I'm gonna say it, though no doubt people will, how shall I put it... whine. But these broken ships we are seeing released more often, are in part the result of BB's, and BB players constant demands for buffs/nerfs being met. 4 years of game play and never have BB's had it so good. Massive nerfs to Flooding and Fire damage. Invisi-fire taken out the game. Smoke nerfs. Nerfs to spotting. Buffs to nearly every BB having underwater protected citadels, and there are more. This has lead to ships having to be broken in design just to counter to constant pandering BB's have been given. How else but with HE spam machines, super strong deep water torps and torp flooding zonal ships are you meant to beat them? They are and always have been the most played and most protected class. I say this as someone who also plays and enjoys them. Frankly, broken ships like Harugumo, Worcester, Asashio, Smolenks, Benham and re-worked CV are only here because they had to be.... as the only viable anti BB answer.  

 

You got your wishes BB players, these are the in game consequences. 

errr...

Just to point out a little thing (I hope that you don't take it in the wrong way)

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but I found I little funny how you exposed your P.O.V.

 

Title

Broken ships, the fault is on BBs.

 

then I read flooding and fire damage nerfed.

spotting nerfed,

Stealth fire removed

 

My main grip with the BBs were they are slow but not anymore, meanwhile those Uber Atlantas, Uber De Moines and stuff that you speak of...

Where it leaves the reference ships like Myoko or Zao, De Moines or Atlantas?

Smolensk or Salem? I'm pretty much incline for the later

And I don't find anything wrong with my Shchors, last time I checked a pretty good HE spammer.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
13 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

errr...

Just to point out a little thing (I hope that you don't take it in the wrong way)

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but I found I little funny how you exposed your P.O.V.

 

Title

Broken ships, the fault is on BBs.

 

then I read flooding and fire damage nerfed.

spotting nerfed,

Stealth fire removed

 

My main grip with the BBs were they are slow but not anymore, meanwhile those Uber Atlantas, Uber De Moines and stuff that you speak of...

Where it leaves the reference ships like Myoko or Zao, De Moines or Atlantas?

Smolensk or Salem? I'm pretty much incline for the later

And I don't find anything wrong with my Shchors, last time I checked a pretty good HE spammer.

 

 

 

 

Problem is that on high tier only extream HE spam can melt BBs raltivly fast.

 

Torpedo is dooing 9 k dmg (torpedo hit on Kremlin from Gearing is 9k dmg, you need 12-13 torpedos to kill it... citadels are hidden, armor is strong that gives alot of shatters....so ONLY way to melt BBs realitivly fast is hated HE spam.....this is WG fault....they overprotected top tier BBS from anything so they intoduced things like colbert.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
203 posts
11,453 battles
1 hour ago, You_Overextended said:

I personally just don't understand this overall hatred towards BB players.

BB players populate the bottom half of scoreboards 95% of the time. Inexperienced players probably try to play other classes and die quick in them so they try BB and get to play longer albeit not well at all.

They are often highly ineffective in the game and other classes suffer when BB players are supporting from 15 km behind the front line.

 

WG has designed the game so that attacking is discouraged heavily. Why would a clumsy BB want to go forward when they get all the HE rainbows focused on them and hitting targets is RNG based?

Game is so camping focused that nobody wants to attack.

 

You veterans know what happens to BB that push when you are yourself driving an HE burner T10 cruiser. Sunk in a few minutes. Obviously many BB players are totally discouraged when every time they try going closer the game ends for them.

Especially when a unicum player completely dominates by kiting, dodging and shooting accurately with never ending fires.

Its not all BB players fault. Sadly so many bad players drive this class as their main and in the end they stay in safe distance.

 

Get a double fire, repair, get another double fire.

HP pool gone.

Shoot overpens.

Too close to turn away without eating heavy BB shots.

Learn -> never go forward.

 

Problems are with overall mechanics and meta.

  • Cool 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,544 posts
12,556 battles

While it is almost impossible to have nothing but contempt for the typical BB player, the fault is Wargaming's of course, and theirs alone, for giving in to certain of their demands.

 

Most of all I detest their refusal to answer some questions regarding to those changes, when it doesn't fit their PR narrative of "it is good for the *entire* playerbase, not only just for xxx". When the - beyond retarded - torpedo/flooding nerfs came out, I have pinged some WG'ers multiple time here on this forum, cause they sold us their BS with "you know, guys, with our nerfs, BBs will now be less enticed to immediately damagecon a flooding, so in the end torp players will have higher damage than before. Aren't we genious? AREN'T WE?"

 

It was braindead from the start, but apparently we are not allowed to have the numbers, to check their "argument". I am quite sure that they just hope we give up asking and forget.

 

 

Thinking of, let's try again. Hey boys, how much did our flooding damage go up thanks to glorious flooding nerf? Please share immaculate spreadsheet data with us, da? @MrConway @Sub_Octavian

 

And if one of you would be reading this: stop bringing out more and more ridiculously broken captains, especially if behind pay/grind/... walls. Also don't forget to cry about your unfairly critical playerbase on reddit, and about our anti-Russian bias which makes us see broken Russian ships where there are none.

 

Cheers

  • Cool 21
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
815 posts
8 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

BB's (...) They are and always have been the most played and most protected class.

And that is why i welcome Smolensk. No IFHE, fire-chance maxed-out. Let ´em burn.

 

Yesterday evening i wondered and took this screenshot: we have a new line of cruisers - and the queue looks like this?

137569859_BBsonly.jpg.fae0b622fffcfa4cb0a61e47e7c17330.jpg

People wouldn´t play BBs that much if they were oh-so-vulnerable as many claim them to be. (Or if the mid-tier Italian cruisers were any good).

 

Also, having two lines of cruisers without the ability of setting fires - i would accept it if two lines of BBs can´t pen the citadels of cruisers. If one class loses it´s ability of counter-play why shouldn´t the other?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
330 posts
8,830 battles
31 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

BB players populate the bottom half of scoreboards 95% of the time. Inexperienced players probably try to play other classes and die quick in them so they try BB and get to play longer albeit not well at all.

They are often highly ineffective in the game and other classes suffer when BB players are supporting from 15 km behind the front line.

 

WG has designed the game so that attacking is discouraged heavily. Why would a clumsy BB want to go forward when they get all the HE rainbows focused on them and hitting targets is RNG based?

Game is so camping focused that nobody wants to attack.

 

You veterans know what happens to BB that push when you are yourself driving an HE burner T10 cruiser. Sunk in a few minutes. Obviously many BB players are totally discouraged when every time they try going closer the game ends for them.

Especially when a unicum player completely dominates by kiting, dodging and shooting accurately with never ending fires.

Its not all BB players fault. Sadly so many bad players drive this class as their main and in the end they stay in safe distance.

 

Get a double fire, repair, get another double fire.

HP pool gone.

Shoot overpens.

Too close to turn away without eating heavy BB shots.

Learn -> never go forward.

 

Problems are with overall mechanics and meta.

Agreed on all points. It kind of highlights also what I said earlier, that perhaps many of the points I bring up are also a "git gud" issue for me personally, as I am not very good at playing the class. What attracts me to it is the fact that I can deal some pretty crippling hits when I find citadels. Of course, much of the time, I get those magical overpens when aiming at the waterline of a cruiser parked flat broadside to me. If someone jukes me and I get some ridiculously low damage in a volley, I feel like I deserved it.

 

Then, as you said, there are those "wonderful" moments when you're trying to disengage but you're getting lit on fire a horrendous amount of times.
 

I must say, however, that as I am playing BBs a bit more lately and getting a little better at the class, I'm finding myself more rewarded as I find ways to mitigate damage, build my ship correctly captain-wise and module-wise, and find positions where I have a proper escape route. Of course, it goes without saying that it didn't help me much that chat kept telling me to push when there are 4 BBs I have to contend with by myself. In the past, I listened. Listening to chat often gets you killed. Lesson learned. I never listen to chat now and just analyze the behavior of CCs during their streams to get a slight understanding of how BB should be played.

 

In the end, I learned that most of it is no different than having a cruiser that's very unmaneuverable and has pretty bad concealment. Just find a proper escape plan in case things go south, and make sure you're not giving up too much map control or else the enemy stomps all over your team.

Nonetheless, I find myself continuing to say that BBs as a class are pretty pitiful. They may be more survivable, which leads new (or bad) players to think that they're very easy to play, but there's a lot more to it than it seems. And it doesn't translate very well to the player. They just see "this ship survives more punishment, and therefore is *better* or *easier*." To add to this, I find myself tanking more potential damage in Hindenburg, Henri, Khabarovsk, Kleber, Atago and Alaska than in BBs sometimes, which further illustrates this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
330 posts
8,830 battles
1 hour ago, Saiyko said:

cause they sold us their BS with "you know, guys, with our nerfs, BBs will now be less enticed to immediately damagecon a flooding, so in the end torp players will have higher damage than before. Aren't we genious? AREN'T WE?"

 

There was once a mission in the Science of Victory campaign (or was it Honorable Service? I can't be bothered to remember at this point) that required you to get one Liquidator achievement. A few patches after the flooding nerf I noticed that the mission now has been re-scripted so that you can pass it by earning *any* achievement.

I've not gotten a single liquidator since the patch went through (and I'm not half bad in my last 1000 games at predicting torps; even the 49 kt Sims torps), and every single BB I get a flood on still instantly dmg cons it, eats my second spread, then shrugs off the flood. It's just like before, only less damage overall. Hell even CCs, many of which are unicum or "bluenicum", still dmg con floods instantly :))

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,839 posts
6,864 battles
8 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I'm gonna say it, though no doubt people will, how shall I put it... whine. But these broken ships we are seeing released more often, are in part the result of BB's, and BB players constant demands for buffs/nerfs being met. 4 years of game play and never have BB's had it so good. Massive nerfs to Flooding and Fire damage. Invisi-fire taken out the game. Smoke nerfs. Nerfs to spotting. Buffs to nearly every BB having underwater protected citadels, and there are more. This has lead to ships having to be broken in design just to counter to constant pandering BB's have been given. How else but with HE spam machines, super strong deep water torps and torp flooding zonal ships are you meant to beat them? They are and always have been the most played and most protected class. I say this as someone who also plays and enjoys them. Frankly, broken ships like Harugumo, Worcester, Asashio, Smolenks, Benham and re-worked CV are only here because they had to be.... as the only viable anti BB answer.  

 

You got your wishes BB players, these are the in game consequences. 

 

Isnt that effectively Contradicting itself ?

BBs asked for Broken Ships to be Fixed so they are at Fault for more Broken Ships being Added because they cant Massacre BBs unless they are Broken ????

Flooding and Fire Damage Nerf was mostly due to CVs. Not due to BBs.

And Firing without being Detected was Broken As F*** so it being Removed was Clearly the Correct Decision.

Its one thing if a BB is Killed by a Torpedo Salvo from a DD. But a BB certainly should not lose Artillery Battles against a DD.

 

So No Offense. But I respectfully Disagree.

Broken Ships being Added is not the Fault of the BBs.

Its the Fault of Wargaming for making Overpowered Ships that are Anti Everything so they can Sell them better while the Old Ships slowly get Powercreeped.

 

 

 

And that is Obvious as the Sun in the Sky during the Day.

Have you not Noticed it ?

 

The Russian BB line came during CVs being massively Overpowered. And of course they came with Insane Anti Air Capacity.

The French DD line came and had neither AA nor Smoke. And see there. CVs received massive Nerfs.

But then before the Italian Cruiser line came around. CVs have been Buffed up tremendously again. And of course the Italian Cruisers once more have Pretty Good AA. Who had tought.

 

But Anti BB ?

The Italian Cruisers are Clearly Anti DD and Anti Air. They are Clearly not good Anti BB Ships.

The French DDs were clearly not very Suited for anti BB Duty either.

And the Russian BBs are BBs themselves.

 

 

The Smolensk is not Anti BB. Its pretty much Anti Everything.

Especially Anti Cruiser where its Guns are just Complete Overkill.

But also Anti Air of course. (OF COURSE....)

 

The only Anti BB Ship I have seen so far. Would be the Yoshino long Range High Calibre HE and Torpedo Spam Ship.

 

 

 

Blaming WGs Greed on the BB Players is neither Helpful nor remotely Logical.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
22 posts
7,008 battles

Invisible firing was op at that time and removed for good, the same with the smoke nerfs, you cant hide an armada of bbs inside one dd smoke anymore.

Flooding and fire duration were nerfed with the cv rework for all classes to prevent cvs from killing everybody just by dots.

There were buffs and nerfs to every class, so I cant really agree with your title.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,821 posts
12,317 battles
16 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

And that is why i welcome Smolensk. No IFHE, fire-chance maxed-out. Let ´em burn.

 

Yesterday evening i wondered and took this screenshot: we have a new line of cruisers - and the queue looks like this?

137569859_BBsonly.jpg.fae0b622fffcfa4cb0a61e47e7c17330.jpg

People wouldn´t play BBs that much if they were oh-so-vulnerable as many claim them to be. (Or if the mid-tier Italian cruisers were any good).

 

Also, having two lines of cruisers without the ability of setting fires - i would accept it if two lines of BBs can´t pen the citadels of cruisers. If one class loses it´s ability of counter-play why shouldn´t the other?

You do not get it, those 2 lines are here to provide protection for master race, SAP useful only against DDs is not an accident. Longer radar range then concealment on brits too. Later after they disposed the little pests, they will take on the role of unarmed moving bots from the training room. One lucky salvo and pop. That is if a game lottery instead of skill will decide that they should pop or not. Because most of players can't aim WG made it work this way that BB aims in general direction and both parties should start to pray to RNGesus. Some games I can't miss citadels, on the other games despite of aiming the same way I'm just constantly hitting the water around the targets or if I can't miss because too close then shatters or overpens only. But I guess this is potato friendly so BBs sell well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,718 posts
15,886 battles

Well I'd say the fault is on WG. When the game started DD's (and their torps) were the supposed counter to BB's. However as the majority of the player base can't deal well with invisible enemies (in any game) it was WG's deliberate decisions to nerf DD's (removal of invis fire, introduction of radar and skills like radio location). This naturally left BB's without any real opposition apart from some rare and random CV's. WG then decided that open water (or even concealed) HE spam is the solution to the problem and introduced ships like Khaba, Worchester, Kleber, Colbert, Haragumo or Smolemsk whose whole existence is more or less based around one skill (IFHE) which arguably is another bad design decision.

  • Cool 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,799 posts
8,664 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

The only Anti BB Ship I have seen so far

 

So if most ships cant deal with BBs, then what does that actually tell us? BBs are getting pampered as always... If nothing can really touch BBs, ofc everyone will play BB!

I guess the next problem is, that almost everything, which is good against BBs, is even stronger against Cruisers/DDs (Smolensk). And something which is bad against BBs, is basicly guaranteed to be good against Cruisers or DDs (or both). The only true anti-BB weapon is Asashio pretty much.

 

Even the supposedly hardest counter to BBs (CVs) pretty much kills DDs/Cruisers faster/easier/better than BBs so... absolutely disgusting imo. WGs description for CVs basicly is "fight big ships", yep, thats clearly working as intended :cap_fainting:

 

So while you dont agree with @Bear_Necessities about why WG is making those ships, you basicly reinforce his position about BBs getting pampered. If not even the craziest HE spammers are anti-BB for you, what better prove could there be? :cap_like:

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
4,321 posts
15,749 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Blaming WGs Greed on the BB Players is neither Helpful nor remotely Logical.

I kind of agree to many of your points. Several changes to the game are improvements and this goes for the general gameplay, not just due to BB whine, but your conclusion lacks perspective. You have to factor in incompetence and the wet dreams of Russian devs to paint the full picture.

 

That said, no one is perfect and I'm sure most of them actually are doing a decent, honest job, trying to make the game as good as possible. ..of course while making it profitable.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOTZ]
Players
287 posts
21,437 battles
10 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I'm gonna say it, though no doubt people will, how shall I put it... whine. But these broken ships we are seeing released more often, are in part the result of BB's, and BB players constant demands for buffs/nerfs being met. 4 years of game play and never have BB's had it so good. Massive nerfs to Flooding and Fire damage. Invisi-fire taken out the game. Smoke nerfs. Nerfs to spotting. Buffs to nearly every BB having underwater protected citadels, and there are more. This has lead to ships having to be broken in design just to counter to constant pandering BB's have been given. How else but with HE spam machines, super strong deep water torps and torp flooding zonal ships are you meant to beat them? They are and always have been the most played and most protected class. I say this as someone who also plays and enjoys them. Frankly, broken ships like Harugumo, Worcester, Asashio, Smolenks, Benham and re-worked CV are only here because they had to be.... as the only viable anti BB answer.  

 

You got your wishes BB players, these are the in game consequences. 

Well I for one never asked for any buffs or nerfs. WG do their own thing as usual.

Now even though I'm a bb main I play all classes and according to my stats I'm best in a DD and then cruisers I believe.

The main problems occur from the fact that a lot of people can not play dd effectively or cruisers as surely most people have come to notice.

I've lost count how many times I see cruisers sailing broardside in a game with out a care in the world until they get blapped.

And how many dds die in the first 5 minutes of an average game, far to many for sure. To me here lies the problem players not been very skilled in certain classes and this makes bbs more powerful than they should be. So please don't just blame the bbs maybe the fault could be shared amongst the others as well.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,367 posts
17,436 battles
36 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Well I for one never asked for any buffs or nerfs. WG do their own thing as usual.

Now even though I'm a bb main I play all classes and according to my stats I'm best in a DD and then cruisers I believe.

The main problems occur from the fact that a lot of people can not play dd effectively or cruisers as surely most people have come to notice.

I've lost count how many times I see cruisers sailing broardside in a game with out a care in the world until they get blapped.

And how many dds die in the first 5 minutes of an average game, far to many for sure. To me here lies the problem players not been very skilled in certain classes and this makes bbs more powerful than they should be. So please don't just blame the bbs maybe the fault could be shared amongst the others as well.

No. The blame may be shared, but it is by no means shared equally.

 

There was once a time where if you were in a battleship and you obliviously sailed broadside, you would have lost half your HP if not outright sunk BY OTHER BATTLESHIPS. Then Weegee decided that having battleships suffer that damage was too much and released battleships with no citadels and shrunk the citadels of numerous battleships. If this change was not made, then cruiser and battleship numbers would have a far better balance. It isn't however, and so we're stuck in the circumstance we are.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EJDER]
Players
417 posts
21,624 battles

Broke? The beginning of the game, I'm with salem and others. Result? Time 18.30, lose 9k hp, w only one f. rocket salvo!!! At the end, im not dead, game won but do not ask me , how:)

 

 

 

 

Screenshot (79).png

Screenshot (80).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
4,321 posts
15,749 battles

I have to ask, out of ignorance - which bbs are deciding the games, aside from the Kremlins and occasional OP premium?

 

Once they've nerfed Kremlin, perhaps a few other Russian bbs and Smolensk, (disregarding the cv issues) I don't see a huge balance problem in the game. I could be wrong, but I still feel more influential in a dd than any bb. Better players than me seem to be able to get any class and most ships to a good WR number. I think many mechanics can be improved - less RNG and more consistent citadel hits is one thing, but deep water torps is a good introduction, removing invisi-firing was the right call, having smoke-firing penalties is good, I even think that the change on flooding is good for the game, although this should probably be tweaked a bit still.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LADA]
Players
493 posts
7,737 battles

I'll beg to differ OP.

 

Bad players do not magically confine themselves to one class - you come across them in DDs, CLs, CAs, CVs, whatever.  They broadside in BBs and get themselves killed. They broadside or YOLO in cruisers and get themselves killed. They YOLO at radar cruisers in their DD and get themselves killed. They fly their planes into flak clouds and lose them all. They then come onto the forum and complain about the class that took them out as being OP.

 

Let's turn your logic around and see if you agree....

 

DD players are so fundamentally incapable of using their torps to do their jobs (sinking BBs) that WG has needed to give them DWTs, larger turbe counts and all sorts of gimmicks in between. Because apparently YOLOing into a pack of radar cruisers in the first 30s is a good career choice for most of them, we get stuff like the Benham that can do it's work at the edge of typical radar range. Let us all therefore blame DD players for ruining the game. 

 

CL players are so incompetent that WG have needed to give them smoke, radar and all sorts of consumables to enable them to farm BBs from cover. The HE Spam meta can thus obviously be blamed on ALL cruiser players. 

 

CA players are all bad - so we now get superheavy cruisers to give them a chance to compete with BBs while taking up a cruiser slot.  

 

The average player in RTS CVs was pretty dire - in many cases hobbling their team - so we ended up with REEEWORK. Let's blame the RTS CV players for all the game's ills. 

 

So whatever class YOU drive. YOU are just as likely to be part of the problem as anyone else. 

 

This is all completely pointless as far as game balance is concerned - because the people who make game balancing decisions are not DD/CA/CL/BB/CV players. It's some nutter in St Petersburg who looks at stuff like the Belfast, Smolensk, Kremlin, etc. and signs it off. 

 

Blaming it on BB players is both simplistic and shifting the blame from where it actually lies.

  • Cool 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,367 posts
17,436 battles
8 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I have to ask, out of ignorance - which bbs are deciding the games, aside from the Kremlins and occasional OP premium?

 

Once they've nerfed Kremlin, perhaps a few other Russian bbs and Smolensk, (disregarding the cv issues) I don't see a huge balance problem in the game. I could be wrong, but I still feel more influential in a dd than any bb. Better players than me seem to be able to get any class and most ships to a good WR number.

It doesn't matter that battleships don't decide games. Cruisers and destroyers and the former carriers decided games because of how vulnerable they were. The potential impact that a cruiser and especially a destroyer or an RTS carrier could have on a game was the result of the fact that they were difficult to play which allowed strong players to dominate. The fact that battleships decide fewer games is the direct product of how pandered to battleship players are. A battleship needs to just know how to aim and to not sail with a flat broadside to other battleships and, in all likelihood, they'll do OK. Cruisers and destroyers on the other hand are looking at instant death from a dozen places as the match goes on which means that stronger players will naturally produce more pronounced results.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,799 posts
8,664 battles
8 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I have to ask, out of ignorance - which bbs are deciding the games, aside from the Kremlins and occasional OP premium?

 

Once they've nerfed Kremlin, perhaps a few other Russian bbs and Smolensk, (disregarding the cv issues) I don't see a huge balance problem in the game. I could be wrong, but I still feel more influential in a dd than any bb. Better players than me seem to be able to get any class and most ships to a good WR number. I think many mechanics can be improved - less RNG and more consistent citadel hits is one thing, but deep water torps is a good introduction, removing invisi-firing was the right call, having smoke-firing penalties is good, I even think that the change on flooding is good for the game, although this should probably be tweaked a bit still.

 

BBs give up game influence for being the best damage dealers and being the most numerous class aswell. That doesnt mean, BBs are useless. You can observe this sometimes, when all your BBs decide to sit behind one island, as your team will lose mapcontrol pretty damn fast.

BBs are good in providing map control, because they survive the longest and are that constant threat of blapping other ships, even other BBs. But BBs also require their team around them.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×