You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Very interesting info about upcoming unique German commander Günther Lütjens from WoWs DevBlog...

25 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,228 posts
14,260 battles

Hi all,

Very interesting info about upcoming unique German commander Günther Lütjens from WoWs DevBlog...

German unique commander Günther Lütjens

Soon we will be testing a unique German commander, so today we are ready to reveal the current concept of his talents and improved skills:

• Secondary Armament Expert: after receiving 100 "Secondary hits" ribbons, the reload time of secondary armament is reduced by 15%. Talent can be activated once per battle.

• Iron Strike: after receiving 140 "Main battery hits" ribbons, the reload time of the main battery is reduced by 7.5%. Talent can be activated once per battle.

• Exemplary Reconnaissance: after receiving 3 "Spotted " ribbons, the ship's hit points are partially restored. The talent restores 300 hit points per second. Its duration in seconds is equal to the ship's tier (e.g. Tier V = 5 seconds; Tier VI = 6 seconds; etc.). This talent can be activated repeatedly.

• Air superiority: After receiving 30 "Rocket hits", "Bomb hits", or "Torpedo hits" ribbons, the aircraft restoration time is reduced by 10%. Talent can be activated once per fight.

While working on Günther Lütjens' talents, we wanted to create a commander who would bring something to the table for each class of ships. Therefore, each one of his four talents complements one of them:

• "Secondary Armament Expert" will strengthen one of the main advantages of German battleships - a powerful secondary armament.

• "Iron Strike" will most often be activated on cruisers, giving them a decent increase in rate of fire.

• "Exemplary Reconnaissance" will prove especially useful to destroyer captains. The ability to recover hit points will increase their combat effectiveness. The scouting/flanking playstyle of destroyers also make it quite easy to earn "Spotted" ribbons in this type of ship.

• "Air superiority" only works for aircraft carriers.

The new commander also has the following improved skills:

• Preventive Maintenance: -45% to the risk of modules becoming incapacitated instead of the basic -30%.

• Expert Marksman: +3 deg/sec to the traverse speed of turrets with a gun caliber up to 139 mm and +1 deg/sec to the traverse speed of turrets with a gun caliber above 139 mm instead of basic +2.5/0.7 deg/sec.

• Improved Engine Boost: +12.5% to the aircraft engine boost time instead of the basic -10%.

Source Reddit: "ST, peculiarities of Günther Lütjens"

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,228 posts
14,260 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

or the thread here in the forum

I know... and you know... but many (most ? :Smile_glasses:) players never ever go there (in the depths of the forum dungeons)... :Smile_bajan2:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

I don't really care what he does... As long as he's awarded (eventually) in a non-time limited and non-invasive method... AKA:

A CAMPAIGN

• Cool 7

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
2 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

I don't really care what he does... As long as he's awarded (eventually) in a non-time limited and non-invasive method... AKA:

A CAMPAIGN

And how WG is supposed to monetize from that:fish_glass:

• Funny 2

[HOO]
3,240 posts
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Allow the purchase of "stars" in the premium shop, for those who don't want to do the tasks.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
Just now, MrFingers said:

Allow the purchase of "stars" in the premium shop, for those who don't want to do the tasks.

Why develop new code for that when they can add another gimmick currency hidden in lootboxes and add time limit to capitalize on FOMO:cap_book:

• Funny 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,355 posts
5,728 battles

that heal seems ridiculously overpowered on dds... especially since you can get spotted ribbons multiple times for each enemy...

Being able to heal 3000 hp by just popping 3 ships into visions seems utterly broken for a dd... and you can keep spotting the same ships every 40 seconds for more ribbons, like wtf even? we gonna have z-52 purposefully not spotting in order to wait 40 seconds to be able to heal up???

And what is up with all the new special commanders being ridiculously more powerful than the old ones by making their power reliable and easy to activate? The argument that this is balanced against commanders such as yamamoto because "his skills are more powerful, but hard to activate" is a joke. If you cant rely on a power, it is useless, because you cant adjust your playstyle for it. Also, when the powers for old commanders like yamamoto activate(once in a  blue moon), its so late in the match that it doesnt matter, its highly unlikely to affect the outcome of the battle in any way.

This powercreep of special commanders is not healthy for the game. They shouldnt be mandatory, they should be a gimmick like the old ones.

• Cool 3

Players
2,807 posts
15,752 battles
26 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Better ask how many players and income they lose by f*cking up their formerly perfectly fine game  :fish_glass:

They arnt monetizing me anymore since beginning of november. That is 2 years of premium account that will not be renewed, nor will i spend a cent more on this game unless WG rolls back a lot of recent questionable additions, but especially the time-gated token grindfests.

By making the game more grindy and radically changing the way it works, it is no longer a game i enjoy. Started with CV rework, then WG taking a dump on their players by marketing used content with Research Bureau, but the worst is the endless token grindfest and placing rewards behind impossible grindwalls and/or various lootbox schemes. Sure, the rewards have gone up a lot, but so has the grind, and the human cost in time isn't worth it anymore.

I felt incredible relief when I uninstalled WoWs from my PC a couple weeks back.

Will be watching for a while to see how the introduction of subs go and pray for another disaster) and hoping for better times, but cutting off my money is the only argument WG understands.

• Cool 4

[HOO]
3,240 posts
20 minutes ago, thiextar said:

its so late in the match that it doesnt matter, its highly unlikely to affect the outcome of the battle in any way.

I've hard-carried a seemingly lost match in the Musashi with Yamamoto because the heal gave me some much needed HP to survive an HE-crossfire and the ROF-increase allowed me to pummel the enemy ships down so they could be mopped up by my 2 other teammates. It would have been a guaranteed loss otherwise. 

But that has happened once.

[-AP-]
Players
2,355 posts
5,728 battles
5 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

I've hard-carried a seemingly lost match in the Musashi with Yamamoto because the heal gave me some much needed HP to survive an HE-crossfire and the ROF-increase allowed me to pummel the enemy ships down so they could be mopped up by my 2 other teammates. It would have been a guaranteed loss otherwise. 

But that has happened once.

Yeah, ive also had use for him like that one time. All the other times, the power has activated, and hast changed anything, because as i had a kraken, we were obviously winning massively already.

These new commanders meanwhile, their powers are reliable, they activate pretty much every time you need them, you can even base your playstyle on them. its too much. having several thousands more hp a game will make a massive difference in every match...

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,329 battles

Question is tho, are his skills class restricted or do I get the heal if I spot three ships in my Bismarck or Hipper? 

[JRM]
Players
5,523 posts
22,757 battles
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Question is tho, are his skills class restricted or do I get the heal if I spot three ships in my Bismarck or Hipper? 

Ahh no m8 the real question is does it trigger when your planes spot 3 ships in the zep :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
7,468 posts
8,292 battles

Frankly... ehhhhhhh

Secondary buff, yay... Not too hard to achieve, but the buff also is pretty much the most meaningless there is. Yamamoto with harder to get achievements has better boni and Kuznetsov is easier to achieve and more meaningful.

Main battery buff will be useful on Hindenburg, Nürnberg and Mainz. Rest will fire so few main battery shells as to make this not very impactful. Even on Mainz, the greatest KM shell spammer, 140 hits requires over two minutes of spamming shells non-stop with 100% hit rate. Typicall, I'd count on the skill activating at earliest by minute 5 to 6. On Hindenburg or Nürnberg after around half the match time. On Hipper, I'd count on never.

Heal... Spot 3 ships, restore up to 3k hp at T10? I'd say, for the Z-52, it's nice, but by the time you need the buff, spotting ships gets progressively harder. An CV at that point makes it nigh impossible to get the ribbon. For GZ, this is absolutely meaningless.

Aircraft restoration speed is the most meaningful buff and also why the only thing I see in Lütjens is a GZ buff. Whip the rockets out for 30 hit ribbons asap and get restoration time that approaches acceptable levels. Is GZ good now? Doubt it.

Skills: Ah yeah, Germans always needed Expert Marksman and that sweet 2.5% more engine boost...

Lütjens compared to other legendary captains is basically what the Jutland brothers are to the Does, Dunkirks and Honores. Kinda sad.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,329 battles
2 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Frankly... ehhhhhhh

Secondary buff, yay... Not too hard to achieve, but the buff also is pretty much the most meaningless there is. Yamamoto with harder to get achievements has better boni and Kuznetsov is easier to achieve and more meaningful.

Main battery buff will be useful on Hindenburg, Nürnberg and Mainz. Rest will fire so few main battery shells as to make this not very impactful. Even on Mainz, the greatest KM shell spammer, 140 hits requires over two minutes of spamming shells non-stop with 100% hit rate. Typicall, I'd count on the skill activating at earliest by minute 5 to 6. On Hindenburg or Nürnberg after around half the match time. On Hipper, I'd count on never.

Heal... Spot 3 ships, restore up to 3k hp at T10? I'd say, for the Z-52, it's nice, but by the time you need the buff, spotting ships gets progressively harder. An CV at that point makes it nigh impossible to get the ribbon. For GZ, this is absolutely meaningless.

Aircraft restoration speed is the most meaningful buff and also why the only thing I see in Lütjens is a GZ buff. Whip the rockets out for 30 hit ribbons asap and get restoration time that approaches acceptable levels. Is GZ good now? Doubt it.

Skills: Ah yeah, Germans always needed Expert Marksman and that sweet 2.5% more engine boost...

Lütjens compared to other legendary captains is basically what the Jutland brothers are to the Does, Dunkirks and Honores. Kinda sad.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
21 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Better ask how many players and income they lose by f*cking up their formerly perfectly fine game  :fish_glass:

Well, every player refusing to pay for newest WG shenanigans will force WG to come up with even more ridiculous BS to monetize on, setting cycle anew:Smile_smile:

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles

New WeeGee Headline!

"Non-Russian Captain gets mediocre over-generalised skills in shock suprise anouncement!"

Meanwhile if You missed the RU events you can get the "Totally Awesome because hes RUssian" Unbiased spreadsheet-defying Capitan Komrad of DoomSchtick for a mere 9 months of grinding coal - Yay Weegee!

My excitement is unbounded.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,559 posts
14,702 battles

Given that there is a current bug where ships get spotting ribbons after being sunk, this could be an unexpectedly powerful new captain. "Sink the Bismarck Part II, it's unsunk itself". 

• Funny 6

Players
501 posts

I was joking to my friends that the German captain gets skills or boosts for every class of ships in the game that gave little to no support to other boosts.

Gave a small nervous laugh because this might happen and voila!

WG never disappoints the German nation/lines.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,552 posts
12,780 battles

since playing cv's is out of the question (esp. German ones) it looks like he'll be a dd capt for me...

[HOO]
Players
1,863 posts
3,571 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

From a new loot box which will give you 1 flag, 10 silver and a small chance of getting a star.

• Funny 2

[THESO]
Players
1,022 posts
14,242 battles
4 hours ago, Panocek said:

- By people buying premium time to get a third mission slot, increased XP and credits, which determined the slow grind for the Halsey captain.

- By people liking that captain and converting FXP to skip to the Kurfürst.

- By people buying a Tirpitz or T-61 or any other german premium ship that benefits from the buffs.

- By people keeping interested in the game itself

If Wargaming is smart enough to not always try to shoot directly for the goal, even from the center line, but play a few passes, they might actually achieve more goals. You don't sell the cell phone, you sell the flat rate.

• Cool 4

Players
2,807 posts
15,752 battles
3 hours ago, Panocek said:

Well, every player refusing to pay for newest WG shenanigans will force WG to come up with even more ridiculous BS to monetize on, setting cycle anew:Smile_smile:

Excel sheet says you are having fun with BS comrade:cap_tea:

• Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

I like 2 things about him;

- he has skill that is valuable for every class. That great. 

- I like this type of skills that happens 1 per game mandatory. No silly kraken or  Confederate needed. 

And heal is ridiculous. Yes if it is onetime. Just NO NO to having more than 1 time per match. 

P.s.

Yamamoto and USA ones need to be redesigned to this new approach which started with kuznecov