Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TridentOfNeptune

Z52 and Kleber unplayable with cv and smolensk nonsense

19 comments in this topic

Players
36 posts
6,945 battles

Like above with their bigger than other dds air spot range cvs own them, and there is no counter play. You cant do shi t in these ships, when cvs are in the game. Who in the right mind balance game like this. Do devs even play this crap or only care how to force players to grind more and more, and eventually spend money?? Same with smolensk. Cool gameplay. Go push for something like cap or just move forward, and suddenly there is a smoke burning you like crazy. You cant do damn thing than camp at 20 km. You cant even radar them cause at 12 km or 10 km every cruiser will be burnt down. And 4-5 smolensk in a match isn't something unusual. If I would't play wows this long, I would say these are bugs, but I learned over time such crap is quite normal with this production. I regret I bought premium twice, and won't do this again. I still play it only because i paid money for this, but the more i play since like few months the more  I  wait for other game that is coming out this year, and then i'm off. To anybody eventually commenting this post like "bye": bye. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
24,678 posts
13,670 battles

There are a lot of players doing fine in them.

Looks like you are doing something different and are not willing to learn.

Sounds like a personal problem.

[BG-DR]
Players
153 posts
17,976 battles

Bull:etc_swear:, Z-52 have one of the best if not the best AA from all DDs in TX, especially the flak dmg is insane! Kleber also have good AA dealing lots of dmg, the problem is that its only mid-range AA with 3.8 km, but inside that range its shooting planes without problem!

Players
278 posts
1,590 battles

In my T8 Z-23 which has less concealment than the Z-52 but faces the same carriers, as of yet I’ve never been killed by a CV. In the Maas a couple of times but not to the extend where I felt hopeless whenever there is a CV in the match. I recommend playing a CV so you learn how good dd’s avoid you but also what CV’s do to find dd’s. Hint: most CV’s are predictable in their search pattern and have short attention spans when they cannot find you easily.

Personally I find radar more annoying, though with some planning/situational awareness that too becomes less of an issue.

Smolensk is OP though

[JRM]
Players
5,449 posts
22,580 battles

Dont know about Z but Kleber is just fine, did a game yesterday, two caps, dead khaba and win in presence of a Colbet, stalin, mino and a T10 CV, if you go full stealth you can cap if needbe (if you know your way around the radars) and its very hard to hit that thing when its going full throttle... Kleber is a fun ship

Players
36 posts
6,945 battles
10 minut temu, ColonelPete napisał:

There are a lot of players doing fine in them.

Looks like you are doing something different and are not willing to learn.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Yea, z52 by far lowest dmg over all dds. Wtf are you talking about. Where are these ppl? I top the score with z52 quite often and have 20k higher avg dmg in it than all avg. Do I have a personal problem then or am I fine doing person? 

Players
9,334 posts
10,985 battles
35 minutes ago, CeKyPuTo said:

Bull:etc_swear:, Z-52 have one of the best if not the best AA from all DDs in TX

Except said AA is not even remotely close to stop attack run if guy on CV side plays with screen on.

Players
36 posts
6,945 battles
17 minut temu, LordTareq napisał:

In my T8 Z-23 which has less concealment than the Z-52 but faces the same carriers, as of yet I’ve never been killed by a CV. In the Maas a couple of times but not to the extend where I felt hopeless whenever there is a CV in the match. I recommend playing a CV so you learn how good dd’s avoid you but also what CV’s do to find dd’s. Hint: most CV’s are predictable in their search pattern and have short attention spans when they cannot find you easily.

Personally I find radar more annoying, though with some planning/situational awareness that too becomes less of an issue.

Smolensk is OP though

Because z 23 has better spotting from air. I have all cv lines at tier 8 dude, and going 10. I know how to play cv, and it's easy as f, especially rocket planes. When dd is spotted and you have this power to slow down, he has no chance if you can use your brain with minimal effort to predict dds movement 2 meters ahead. The key is dds concealment and if can it be spotted before planes start attack on slow movement. With these 2 dds as a cv player you just spot z52, start attack, slow down and you got him, easy. You cant do this to other dds cause when you spot them it's to late to start attack even on slow. You have to fly over them, leave fighters to spot, turn around and then attack. 

Players
36 posts
6,945 battles
3 minuty temu, Yedwy napisał:

Well if the CV is at least half capable and he wants you it doesnt really matter in which DD you are as he will get your :etc_swear: one way or the other... You can smoke up for a while but sooner or later it will run out and its game over

Yes, but you have more time in other dds

Players
2,789 posts
15,692 battles

OP is Obviously venting about the game

CV counters DDs, nothing new and no, you cant prevent if from killing your DD eventually (but there is many ways to drag it out)

Z-52 has been in a bad spot for a while now, nothing new and not related to CV reeeeework.

Kleber has good winrate, so obviously there is nothing wrong with the ship.

As DDs go, I find it humourous you picked the two of the best  DD counters to Smolensk (hydro it from 6 km or ambush it with MBRB and oneshot it.

If you want contructive feedback, please make a constructive post.

[-GG-]
Players
314 posts
17,422 battles
47 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

Like above with their bigger than other dds air spot range cvs own them, and there is no counter play. You cant do shi t in these ships, when cvs are in the game. Who in the right mind balance game like this. Do devs even play this crap or only care how to force players to grind more and more, and eventually spend money?? Same with smolensk. Cool gameplay. Go push for something like cap or just move forward, and suddenly there is a smoke burning you like crazy. You cant do damn thing than camp at 20 km. You cant even radar them cause at 12 km or 10 km every cruiser will be burnt down. And 4-5 smolensk in a match isn't something unusual. If I would't play wows this long, I would say these are bugs, but I learned over time such crap is quite normal with this production. I regret I bought premium twice, and won't do this again. I still play it only because i paid money for this, but the more i play since like few months the more  I  wait for other game that is coming out this year, and then i'm off. To anybody eventually commenting this post like "bye": bye. 

What game are you playing ?

4-5 Smolensk ??? Maybe od 1st day, personally haven't seen ever more than 2 on one side.

Kleber weak ? Rocket speed, rocket torps with tier-V-like reload, gunboost .... what you need more ? 5 km concealment ??? :Smile_trollface:

Players
640 posts
9,014 battles

The underlying issue is that if a CV palyer wants to kill you in your DD, or a bad one just wants to harass you the entire game because he cant shoot straight, he can do, will do and there isnt really anything you can do about it.... and during that time it becomes exceptionaloly difficult to actually PLAY the game.

Which ii s very far from "Fun and Engaging" - but so long as the spreadsheet says that both parties average damage totals over X games is OK< then there is nothing wrong with the game.

Which is the inherent, long term underlying problem with WeeGee - they cannot differentiate between "the damage looks fine on the spreadsheet" and what is actually "Fun and engaging" gameplay.

Until they develop this skill, this forum will continue to be replete with people complaining about "imbalances" and people will counter with stats to show that "Nothing is wrong".

• Cool 2

Players
36 posts
6,945 battles
1 minutę temu, GulvkluderGuld napisał:

OP is Obviously venting about the game

CV counters DDs, nothing new and no, you cant prevent if from killing your DD eventually (but there is many ways to drag it out)

Z-52 has been in a bad spot for a while now, nothing new and not related to CV reeeeework.

Kleber has good winrate, so obviously there is nothing wrong with the ship.

As DDs go, I find it humourous you picked the two of the best  DD counters to Smolensk (hydro it from 6 km or ambush it with MBRB and oneshot it.

If you want contructive feedback, please make a constructive post.

You find it humorous, because you didnt read properly. z 52 and kleber have nothing to do with smolensk in that post. Kleber has good win rate, casue it's still new ship. I don't say it's bad ship, but it will be lower. And i don't say z 52 is bad ship either over all. It's only their unfounded weakness to cvs, that leaves you no way out when cvs are in match. 

[CATS]
Players
24,678 posts
13,670 battles
29 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

Yea, z52 by far lowest dmg over all dds. Wtf are you talking about. Where are these ppl? I top the score with z52 quite often and have 20k higher avg dmg in it than all avg. Do I have a personal problem then or am I fine doing person? 

You should do your research.

Wows Numbers lists around 3000 players with at least 80 matches in Z-52 with a higher winrating than you...

• Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,466 posts
22,943 battles

welll... it's not the ships. it's the rework! +smolensk can be devastated by a kleber with AP beneath 10km. did it myself already. Z AP is nothing to joke with as well... ofc smolensk isnt either, but hey. approve or to gulag with u comrad!

Players
36 posts
6,945 battles
6 minut temu, ColonelPete napisał:

You should do your research.

Wows Numbers lists around 3000 players with at least 80 matches in Z-52 with a higher winrating than you...

xDDDD I top the score quite often means end game score. You want to look smart, but you are failing. Why would i write "quite often" on  players ranking performing in certain ship

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,147 posts
8,075 battles

Hello,

I'll be locking this now, we really don't need more rant threads. If folks were constructive and not quite so aggressive in threads then it would be different, but I haven't seen any reason to keep this thread open. So, please remember to be constructive and respectful.

Kind regards,

Minia

• Cool 1