Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woppy101

Chat ban does the system actually check what was said

80 comments in this topic

[KES]
Beta Tester
543 posts
8,513 battles

does the WG system actually check what was said when chat banning someone, I have started the game this morning and it’s telling me I have been chat banned, the only thing I wrote in chat yesterday was asking people to report a ship that had gone to the corner of the map and to say good game everyone in another match, I have said some things in the past which have got me chat banned but haven’t said anything which could be thought to be offensive for months. are people now using the system to get people banned that use chat normally. In both games I had excellent games in my Smolensk which some people don’t seem to like 

• Cool 2

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,367 battles

It just checks if you have typed anything or not. If you don't speak, the reports just drop karma. Best not to talk in chat too often.

I think enticing reports is against the rules. If you have longer than an automated 1 day chat ban, this may be the reason you got a manual ban.

[COR3]
Players
1,321 posts
12,741 battles

Ah yes, the i didn't do anything yesterday case.

Chatbans usually are absolutely justified... and as a case study even if i think i wasn't to offensive i sometimes was and deserved mine :)

Just take your chatban and don't make a fool out of yourself in the forum cause usually you don't want @Crysantos or the others looking.....

TAKE THE L mate.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,200 posts
33,697 battles
3 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Ah yes, the i didn't do anything yesterday case.

Chatbans usually are absolutely justified... and as a case study even if i think i wasn't to offensive i sometimes was and deserved mine :)

Just take your chatban and don't make a fool out of yourself in the forum cause usually you don't want @Crysantos or the others looking.....

TAKE THE L mate.

Well 3 days ago on the first game of the day I told the enemies "stop camping" and I got in few seconds automated 24h ban while yesterday I cursed and nothing happened. Idk this system sucks. 

• Cool 4

Players
2,473 posts
11,389 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well 3 days ago on the first game of the day I told the enemies "stop camping" and I got in few seconds automated 24h ban while yesterday I cursed and nothing happened. Idk this system sucks. 

Maybe the system only take into account the games you were reported in. So no one reported you in that game where you were cursing but someone did in the "stop camping" one.

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
5,609 posts
11,938 battles
25 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Im still working on my first. Yesterday for example 4 different guys pinged the minimap on both opposite sides "cv spot dd" (yes, there where 2) and i ask them how am i supposed to spot 2 sides at the same time and asked about their mental integrity :cap_hmm: Got reported, won the game with 2.6k base xp as first with 500xp difference to 2nd place but also got complimented so my karma stayed the same, so yeah... Ppl are special. Won the last 8 games with SU rating, lost 5 karma, and i didnt even chat. Useless System 

• Cool 2

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
290 posts
12,330 battles

No, no it doesn't, many, many players now use the "chat abuse" option when reporting report awful play/team killing etc because it is the only option that actually does anything. It is shame but until WG remove the players who think it is ok to sail to the edge of the map saying "bottom tier again, I'm out!", those players who think it is ok to torp at the very start. or like the really dozy BB players who "test" their guns whilst aiming at you after 30 secs of the start then the only option that has a penalty is the "abuse in chat" one.

There are vids on youtube of very good players doing this, no names but they are there. The whole reporting system is broken, always has been, WG are just too lazy to do anything about it, no money in it for them.

TB.

• Cool 3

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,116 battles
6 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

lost 5 karma, and i didnt even chat.

Then you didn't get a chat ban. 

Ergo the chat ban system is working.

You can get reported for other things, the system does not check the game play if you get reported as AFK, Plays Poorly or Unsporting Behaviour.

By playing at SU levels there are plenty of players who will report you for 'Unsporting Behaviour'. You sank them so you are 'Unsporting'. 

Recently I saw a streamer, who is active on this forum but I shall not name, report a IJN DD torpboat for simply out playing him live on stream while he was in a IJN DD gunboat. Nothing said in chat, simply outplayed and sunk the streamer. Supposedly 'Unsporting'.

I don't watch this streamer anymore.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
197 posts
4,885 battles

When I was playing CV in the old days I was almost permanently chat banned. I was not very insulting at all but people used it to vent their frustrations

[NOCAP]
Players
5,609 posts
11,938 battles
27 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Then you didn't get a chat ban. 

Ergo the chat ban system is working.

You can get reported for other things, the system does not check the game play if you get reported as AFK, Plays Poorly or Unsporting Behaviour.

By playing at SU levels there are plenty of players who will report you for 'Unsporting Behaviour'. You sank them so you are 'Unsporting'. 

Recently I saw a streamer, who is active on this forum but I shall not name, report a IJN DD torpboat for simply out playing him live on stream while he was in a IJN DD gunboat. Nothing said in chat, simply outplayed and sunk the streamer. Supposedly 'Unsporting'.

I don't watch this streamer anymore.

The system doesnt care if you used the chat at all. When ppl press "missbehavior in chat" you will get -1 karma, thats how it goes. And ppl do that constantly to vent of some steam for god knows what reason. Karma doesnt really have a value at the moment but im sure that if i wouldnt talk back to ppl spouting some random BS in chat about how their team sucks while they made some bad moves i would already sit over 1k, instead im at 340. Not that it makes a difference towards the system, i know ppl with over 700 and 1100 karma getting a chatban for writing "stop camping"

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
1 hour ago, woppy101 said:

the only thing I wrote in chat yesterday was asking people to report a ship that had gone to the corner of the map 

So rounding up a lynch mob to punish somebody, that to me sounds like a good reason for a chat ban. If the action is so egregious the other players will notice it and can make up their own minds whether to report the offender. 

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
24,833 posts
13,705 battles

And once again....

• 1 day bans: system checks if required number of reports is reached and player typed in chat
  • all other chat bans: WG employee checks chat and decides, this may take a couple of days
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,116 battles
19 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

The system doesnt care if you used the chat at all.

The CHATBAN system does check, nothing in chat, no ban. That is what we are talking about.

The REPORTING system does not check and you will lose Karma. That is what that system does. 

Is there any Sanction associated with Reporting? NO!

Do I care about the Karma? Actually yes. Does it bring any game benefits? Only additional available 'Reports' & 'Compliments'.

Should I care about Karma? According to many in this Forum, No.

Is the system helping to make the environment less Toxic?

I believe so as it gives players a way of 'venting' that doesn't have any real game impact. 

You only get a CHATBAN if you are reported more than once in a game (or possibly a series of games in a session) for 'Misbehavior in Chat' and if you have used Chat, whether or not it was justified. The loss of Karma is inconsequential, but annoying, it has given an annoyed player a chance to vent. 

There is the system of manually reporting actions by uploading a report and replay to Support. This is where the real consequences start.

Edited by Cambera_1
Clarity
  • Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
5,517 posts
22,738 battles
1 hour ago, mcboernester said:

Im still working on my first. Yesterday for example 4 different guys pinged the minimap on both opposite sides "cv spot dd" (yes, there where 2) and i ask them how am i supposed to spot 2 sides at the same time and asked about their mental integrity :cap_hmm: Got reported, won the game with 2.6k base xp as first with 500xp difference to 2nd place but also got complimented so my karma stayed the same, so yeah... Ppl are special. Won the last 8 games with SU rating, lost 5 karma, and i didnt even chat. Useless System 

Dude u do a hard carry in a cv or even a dd and your karma is going down hard

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,116 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Dude u do a hard carry in a cv or even a dd and your karma is going down hard

It shouldn't be like this but unfortunately it is.

Also if you Potatoed Hard in a CV then you will get reported twice as much as if you potatoed in any other class. Not fair, but we didn't come to play WoWs because it was fair.

Players
1,814 posts
12,263 battles

The worst choice is to offend by a good advice someone from the speshul division (usually 3 sniping German BBs or 3x 20km Shimas). Chat ban nearly guaranteed. Better just ping and do not write anything.

[CATS]
Players
24,833 posts
13,705 battles
2 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

The worst choice is to offend by a good advice someone from the speshul division (usually 3 sniping German BBs or 3x 20km Shimas). Chat ban nearly guaranteed. Better just ping and do not write anything.

3 man division alone cannot chat ban you.

• Bad 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,034 battles
47 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And once again....

• 1 day bans: system checks if required number of reports is reached and player typed in chat
  • all other chat bans: WG employee checks chat and decides, this may take a couple of days

And where is this stipulated? 

I cant seem to find it....

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,116 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Not sure about this.

From reports it would seem that three people reporting IS sufficient to cross the threshold of the automatic ban as @DariusJacek suggests. 

Players
1,814 posts
12,263 battles
25 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Can't they? So since today no mercy. :cap_haloween:

But then if @Cambera_1 is right and they actually can without anyone else supporting them then it's better to be sit quiet.

Players
2,473 posts
11,389 battles
5 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Not sure about this.

From reports it would seem that three people reporting IS sufficient to cross the threshold of the automatic ban as @DariusJacek suggests. 

I have some vague recollection of WG changing the report system so that when a division reports you, it only equals to 1 report overall. I'll try and find it.

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,116 battles
Just now, pra3y said:

I have some vague recollection of WG changing the report system so that when a division reports you, it only equals to 1 report overall. I'll try and find it.

I'd be interested to see if you can find it. Otherwise the Division Mafia have yet another advantage, beyond the team work ones.

:Smile_hiding:

[CATS]
Players
24,833 posts
13,705 battles
2 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

I'd be interested to see if you can find it. Otherwise the Division Mafia have yet another advantage, beyond the team work ones.

:Smile_hiding:

3 reports are not enough for a chat ban...

• Bad 1

Players
529 posts
3,730 battles

I don't  know nothing of the situation or of OP but my experience  has told me 2 things:

1) the times I was chat banned were correct.

2) people lie about the most stupid things and situations.

And that's  my view everytime  this topic pops up.

• Cool 1