You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

reset lines before christmas

21 comments in this topic

[SV]
Players
633 posts
10,886 battles

so if i reset a line now will i get the coal and the steel snowflakes just as we got the containers durring wg bhirtday ? 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,019 posts
10,253 battles

I expect so.  There was an event a few months ago where you got SC for each Tier X you had (it was the WoWS Anniversary) and I had recently started to re-grind the IJN torpedo DD line.  I still got a SC for Shimakaze despite not having unlocked her again.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,280 battles

you will not get the snowflakes when you reset, not like during the birthday. As it has been a while since the launch of the research.

"There won't be any exceptions for RB.
Yes, there was a case with ships being re-researched getting rewards by default, with the ability to double reward per ship, but that was due to RB being only recently announced and short span of time being given.
This situation is different - people should be more familiar with RB, and there's enough time for active players to finish getting their research bureau bonuses and make an informed choice whether to start a new one or not.
And I may add that RB aims at players who need more challenge and more goals in the game, and have a lot of ships - it even doesn't appear until you have 5 T10 ships."

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/204455-st-new-years-celebration/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-4774741

• Cool 3

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,147 battles

Well, that's doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about having reset my USN CAs & CLs after the Anniversary event to ensure that I got the containers there.

To be honest not sure why I reset them anyway. Its not as though there are great rewards available for the Research Bureau at the moment.

(BBs are my least preferred class, so not really interested in the Ohio. I guess that's it's a fine ship, but...

And Colbert...  not convinced.) 

[JRM]
Players
5,526 posts
22,760 battles

No I expect not, as the flakes are tied to playing a battle on a said ship, that RC container was likely one off, but as things stand now (what was announced) seems you will want to play primarily T8/9 ships for steel and T7 for coal, it remains to be seem what will those T10 crates have inside though...

[H_FAN]
Players
2,484 posts
38,597 battles
3 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

So... no reset till after Xmas?

I do a reset when the new season begins next week, will not bother plan too much after all if you get 30 or 31 TX containers and 75? steel on a few ships will not matter. I plan to have these lines back in 2 months, next reset i do on a line when the flakes have been cleared in late dec. after some time here most vetarns with many lines will have at least 1 line /season and the reward is not that strong.

[I-J-N]
Players
3,424 posts
1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

I do a reset when the new season begins next week, will not bother plan too much after all if you get 30 or 31 TX containers and 75? steel on a few ships will not matter. I plan to have these lines back in 2 months, next reset i do on a line when the flakes have been cleared in late dec. after some time here most vetarns with many lines will have at least 1 line /season and the reward is not that strong.

But aren't the seasons fixed at 3 months, not dependent on when you reset your first line of the season? Meaning you could collect the snowflakes and only reset after that?

[H_FAN]
Players
2,484 posts
38,597 battles

yes naturally, but I plan to reset two lines now and have them ready before the snowflakes end. I want a few lines reset at every time that are in progress but now I had to reset these two a little before , but those 2 I have in action atm will be ready before ending likewise, I am T8 now and 6 for them. I have premium signals for quick play if necessary. If you add say 2 of the premium signals combined with good camo it goes quite fast.

The new lines Ita and French are for me collector lines and thus I can take them slow.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,020 posts
30,671 battles

Wait a moment!! That mean I reset 4 lines because I was assured that I wouldn't miss any rewards while regrinding lines and WG then decides to double back on the promise.... Very bad customer care

[VLOOT]
Players
225 posts
17,286 battles

Question about resetting, I know they Harugumo is free-xp wise the most economic to reset. But what with lines that branch off and only have like 3 ships on the branched line? Suppose you reset Khaba and Groz at the same time? Is this possible? Is it an advantage since the first 7 ships are identical for the regrind of the 2 lines? 

Players
2,260 posts
18,092 battles
5 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Question about resetting, I know they Harugumo is free-xp wise the most economic to reset. But what with lines that branch off and only have like 3 ships on the branched line? Suppose you reset Khaba and Groz at the same time? Is this possible? Is it an advantage since the first 7 ships are identical for the regrind of the 2 lines? 

From what I know, yes that should be possible. After the reset the tree works just like when it's grinded the first time.

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,147 battles
10 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

4 minutes ago, Europizza said:

From what I know, yes that should be possible. After the reset the tree works just like when it's grinded the first time.

That's correct. Done it that way myself with the USN Cruisers.

[BOBS3]
Players
979 posts
17,147 battles
2 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

When is the next Research season? 

Just started. 

Double points on the next line restarted. 

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,408 posts
15 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Is it an advantage since the first 7 ships are identical for the regrind of the 2 lines?

imho no, because you won't get 10k points for each of the two trees, since they share Gnewny and Minsk, and you will get the points only for one regrind...

9 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

When is the next Research season? 

in 3 months, as shown ingame

[VLOOT]
Players
225 posts
17,286 battles
37 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

imho no, because you won't get 10k points for each of the two trees, since they share Gnewny and Minsk, and you will get the points only for one regrind...

in 3 months, as shown ingame

I just got double Research points for a match in the Gnevny & Minsk. So resetting 2 lines for the Russian DDs is actually a pretty good trick.

Edit: I think I got double points for the fact it was 2 x RB points..

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,408 posts
11 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

I just got double Research points for a match in the Gnevny & Minsk.

so you reset both RU DD-Lines, after the new season began?

[VLOOT]
Players
225 posts
17,286 battles
On 11/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, Klopirat said:

so you reset both RU DD-Lines, after the new season began?

yes :)