Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

How much XP does Lion cost ?

28 comments in this topic

[AAO]
Players
1,466 posts
20,064 battles
14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

erm .. what am I missing?

cIjPalF.png

It's literally in your picture. ^^
You need to research the B-hull before you can research the following ship (follow the arrows).

That's where the extra 52k come from.

edit: got beaten to the punch T_T

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
3,832 posts
10,480 battles

god its the first ship im skipping entirely (not researching modules), did not realize :D

thnx

• Funny 4

[AAO]
Players
1,466 posts
20,064 battles
10 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

god its the first ship im skipping entirely, did not realize :D

eh. she's not bad. just utterly mediocre imo.

Players
6,339 posts
245 battles

Still begs the question why wargaming would think the current layout for british bb’s would be a good idea.

was it really that hard to just make them into bigger vanguards?

[NWP]
Players
8,700 posts
21 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Skipping Monarch to get Lion...

This :cap_wander:

I like Monarch actually. And ive heard bad things about Lion...

• Cool 1

Players
7,414 posts
8,246 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Monarch isn't the greatest thing at T8, but I find it decent for its tier and like playing it. Lion just felt eh. Sure, if you just like spamming HE across the map, Lion basically gives you stupid fire chance back and the range, but you no longer have the dpm edge compared to others and I feel like the dpm allowed Monarch to make ok AP plays. Lion just will feel like a shitty Iowa when played with AP and with HE... ah yeah, I also like doing the job of a Saint Louis in a BB, until a Musashi/Yamato decides I don't deserve to live and overmatches straight into the cit from any range. Lion is what made me quit the line and just get Thunderer instead, because I can live without silly heal. I cannot have proper match impact without actually useful offensive tools.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,774 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

RB allowed me to play the Monarch this time around, after fxping her very early during the original grind.

This time, I actually really enjoyed her. I think the difference was in having (very) low expectations and a feeling of freedom. Also, players underestimate her because of her terrible press. She's the first in the line to get superheal so you can get close mid-late game and brawl, which is great fun in a ship most expect to be dead early game.

Players
951 posts
11,797 battles

I free xp'd the Monarch cause it was something WG made up at the last minute the Lion isn't worth it though the guns can't hit broadside cruisers at 6km and miss stationary ships at 9km... the Conqueror is better though your shells tend to go into the square you aimed at.

TBH your better of just getting the Thunderer as it is a BB which you can use AP and it will actually go where you aim it and can citadel BBs!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,832 posts
10,480 battles

I just wanna complete the line.

Monarch has been idle in port for a long time. Just feels off. Dispersion, AP,  I get citadeled more than in other BBs...

[SCRUB]
Players
3,832 posts
10,480 battles
6 hours ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Monarch isn't the greatest thing at T8, but I find it decent for its tier and like playing it. Lion just felt eh. Sure, if you just like spamming HE across the map, Lion basically gives you stupid fire chance back and the range, but you no longer have the dpm edge compared to others and I feel like the dpm allowed Monarch to make ok AP plays. Lion just will feel like a shitty Iowa when played with AP and with HE... ah yeah, I also like doing the job of a Saint Louis in a BB, until a Musashi/Yamato decides I don't deserve to live and overmatches straight into the cit from any range. Lion is what made me quit the line and just get Thunderer instead, because I can live without silly heal. I cannot have proper match impact without actually useful offensive tools.

Agreed.

I dont like the ships, I hoped Lion is better (older Flamu vid looked promising). I guess the cit aint below water anymore? ;)

[COR3]
Players
1,312 posts
12,738 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

erm .. what am I missing?

cIjPalF.png

eoikaAh.png

lzx9YVN.png

The Hull you have not researched yet, it gets taken into the calculation

image.png.6894974852144c2ecbb0536735506b84.png

[501L]
Players
374 posts
4,314 battles
6 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

I free xp'd the Monarch cause it was something WG made up at the last minute the Lion isn't worth it though the guns can't hit broadside cruisers at 6km and miss stationary ships at 9km... the Conqueror is better though your shells tend to go into the square you aimed at.

TBH your better of just getting the Thunderer as it is a BB which you can use AP and it will actually go where you aim it and can citadel BBs!

This was my experience with the Lion the accuracy is positively GERMAN, the combination of utterly terrible accuracy combined with the now raised citadel...oof...I know people say the FdG is the worst tier 9 BUT it's got more advantages than the Lion.

Sigma value on the Lion: 1.8

Dispersion on the Lion: 249m.

Sigma value on the FdG: 1.8

Dispersion on the FdG: 247m.

So practically the same gunnery, sure the Lion can fire 6 guns forward instead of just 4 but the FdG is also a LOT tankier than the Lion now it has a raised citadel. The Lion also gets better HE but...well...that's if you hit stuff with it...

I think we might have a contender for the 'worst tier 9 Battleship'.

Edit: Damn I did not know the Alsace got a horrendous 1.6 sigma but then it does have 12 rapid firing guns so...shotgun bote I guess.

• Cool 1

Players
2,444 posts
11,389 battles
8 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

This was my experience with the Lion the accuracy is positively GERMAN, the combination of utterly terrible accuracy combined with the now raised citadel...oof...I know people say the FdG is the worst tier 9 BUT it's got more advantages than the Lion.

So practically the same gunnery, sure the Lion can fire 6 guns forward instead of just 4 but the FdG is also a LOT tankier than the Lion now it has a raised citadel. The Lion also gets better HE but...well...that's if you hit stuff with it...

Edit: Damn I did not know the Alsace got a horrendous 1.6 sigma but then it does have 12 rapid firing guns so...shotgun bote I guess.

Lion has way better stealth and heal than FDG. If you play it right, its a pretty strong zombie ship just like the conq.

[501L]
Players
374 posts
4,314 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

Lion has way better stealth and heal than FDG. If you play it right, its a pretty strong zombie ship just like the conq.

That is a fair point, didn't take those into consideration.

Players
2,444 posts
11,389 battles
1 hour ago, DrMechano said:

That is a fair point, didn't take those into consideration.

Aye. That's why Conq is a mega zao (and by extension the Lion), you shoot your HE shells, disappear. IMO even if you are focused on, with yr stealth and heal plus positioning its entirely possible to hold off the enemy by yourself.

Players
5,976 posts
10,910 battles
10 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Still begs the question why wargaming would think the current layout for british bb’s would be a good idea.

was it really that hard to just make them into bigger vanguards?

It was because of all the crying on the forums about HE spam and RN BB being too braindead.

But in the end this was imo a bad desicion as can be said that the German BBs are just as braindead regarding their citadels.

This change basically turned ships (and this goes especially for Monarch (feel free to check my Monarch stats)) that could at least brawl (due to their poor accuracy and relatively good conceilment) or get close and blap em in the face while being able to survive without having a superheal.

I was always against this change, mostly for the reasons I mentioned above, but WG cave for the amount of crying and basically wasted resources to change these ships.

Vanguard is basically "just another BB" with nothing special going for it. It's basically something of a Warspite-XL.

The RN BBs had a concept of being more HE spam (of which no BB line existed yet prior to the release of this line) and good but tricky to use heals in tiers 9 and 10.

But Monarch is in the middle and has relatively crappy fire chance and relatively crappy rear turret angles. The only thing it had going for it was it's hard to reach citadel and its conceilment and both have been nerfed since I played it. And when I played it it was already some sort of a dud.

Players
5,976 posts
10,910 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I just wanna complete the line.

Monarch has been idle in port for a long time. Just feels off. Dispersion, AP,  I get citadeled more than in other BBs...

You can thank all the forum crybabies for that.

Since these nerfs I hardly ever touch my DoY since it eats citadels from all angles now. Heh, so much for "JuSt AnGLe :Smile_child:".

I hope for you that you can stomach these ships or that you have a nice stash of FXP collecting dust, good luck soldier! :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,352 posts
9,472 battles

EVen though the issue resolved,

I just would like to add, with this Occasion..

LION IS A PIECE OF FLOATING DOG DIGESTIVE SYSTEM WASTE..

Thank you all...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
7,414 posts
8,246 battles
10 hours ago, DrMechano said:

Lion has a bit more max range and at these ranges, dispersion values for British/US and German/French are pretty similar (though the German is a bit worse by a couple meters, if they had the same range). At closer ranges, the German dispersion is somewhat worse. Both disperson models are way worse at these ranges than the IJN dispersion though and the only reason the Iowa isn't this bad is because of the dispersion module.

Sign in to follow this