You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

No colectables from daily containers.

39 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Member the good old days when you could complete a Collection from daily containers? Well:
image.png.4f42e34a0f087ef75b60690c82bb8729.png

I have bought one premium container to start the collection.  Whoopsie.

Silly me, should I have read the fineprint better!

EDIT:
Apparently we have had these before.
let this fail-thread be a warning to all people with poor memory, such as myself.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
4 minutes ago, Blixies said:

This is the first collection where this is the case, or am I mistaken?

There have been dedicated collections in the past, that could've only gotten from containers (or via missions during the event iirc).

Bismarck and Dunkirk iirc.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
Just now, Allied_Winter said:

There have been dedicated collections in the past, that could've only gotten from containers (or via missions during the event iirc).

Bismarck and Dunkirk iirc.

I didnt notice that, thanks for pointing it out.

Beta Tester
1,423 posts

first time i won't bother with collecting this crap - if wg doesn't want us to gather them then fck it. i won't buy any containers for sure this time

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, hellhound666 said:

won't buy any containers for sure this time

Don't have to. According to WG themselves you can earn enough containers with collection items in them. Of course that requires you to grind out enough tokens for the maximum number of containers (38 containers)

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Don't have to. According to WG themselves you can earn enough containers with collection items in them. Of course that requires you to grind out enough tokens for the maximum number of containers (38 containers)

I was kinda disappointed that we dont get anything else than tokens from the directive. Im pretty sure ill skip this one. Its not THAT awesome either way, and i dont play to play Italian ships in the near future.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
8 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

I wonder how many you need realistically to get the collection done.

WG loves their surprise mechanics more and more as of late.

Just now, DFens_666 said:

I was kinda disappointed that we dont get anything else than tokens from the directive. Im pretty sure ill skip this one. Its not THAT awesome either way, and i dont play to play Italian ships in the near future.

| really want that captain in my GC.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,423 posts
6 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

nope, dont plan to

and even with all 38 containers it's not 100% so ... fck it

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

WG loves their surprise mechanics more and more as of late.

Yep, one good reason to NOT do it. How many Collection items do we need ?20?`Out of 38 containers, one in each. Sounds pretty bad imo :Smile_hiding:

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I was kinda disappointed that we dont get anything else than tokens from the directive

Actually I quite like it. This way everybody can choose what he wants most from the armory. And not get bothered with another 5 piece set of AA signals.

You need 16 collection items.

5 minutes ago, Blixies said:

According to WG you need all 37 to make it 99,9999%.

Screenshot_20191113-165947_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

and even with all 38 containers it's not 100% so

100% vs. 99,9999991% ... you do you.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
15 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Actually I quite like it. This way everybody can choose what he wants most from the armory. And not get bothered with another 5 piece set of AA signals. 

Meh, the signals/camo/credits/premium? (is there anything else) make even less sense for me :cap_haloween:

F.e. i really liked the option to get Murmansk while Kuznetsov was available. So even if you didnt grind all tokens, the 2nd price was also nice (atleast for me).

Beta Tester
1,423 posts
29 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

you can make this picture even bigger. wg can claim anything it wants, there is no way for me to check if their claims are correct or if they know math ...

and what comes to wg claims in general then we still remember claims from the first version of the research bureau presentation with it claims how it is expected by players ...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
10 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

You do realize that's a rather petty point ?

There is something to be said against using chance at all in these situations,

but ~10/1.000.000 is good enough it makes no difference to almost anyone.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,692 posts
9 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

there is no way for me to check if their claims are correct

but sure, do the math yourself...

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
4 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

For that you have to make assumptions about the probability distribution (which i'd argue is reasonable)

I.e. there's ultimately no way to completely verify the statements before the data is in.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 hour ago, rnat said:

You do realize that's a rather petty point ?

There is something to be said against using chance at all in these situations,

Maybe? It's just my point of view on this situation: 99,999% to me is as good as 100%.

Would it be better if there'd be no chance involved at all? Sure. But on the other hand, I don't mind the chance.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,244 posts
12 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

And somehow 10000 of us will end up in that 0.000001%

Its magic

• Funny 8

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,440 posts
4,734 battles

And here I was thinking that this is a thread about daily containers not always or at all dropping collection items despite the collection being set to "collect" 

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles

Personally, I'll just play normally, and if I get it, good, if not, don't care. Definitely not spending my hard earned cash on a commander with questionable benefits (by that I mean, it's not a Balans captain so it's special skills won't come into play often, or make a huge difference when they do) intended for a questionable line of cruisers. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,423 posts
6 hours ago, Klopirat said:

why should i?

it is wg's job to keep me interested and spending money

have anybody heard any reasoning why collection stuff was removed from daily containers??

• Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
8,244 posts

Well I dont think its collection stuff in general as we have the HSF collection dropping from daylies as ever, I guess they wanted this both harder to collect and more time gated, possibly even more becouse of that strange range bug upon the Sansonetti perk activation...

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
5 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Maybe? It's just my point of view on this situation: 99,999% to me is as good as 100%.

Would it be better if there'd be no chance involved at all? Sure. But on the other hand, I don't mind the chance. 

It seems I misunderstood your intent when i posted my comment.
If so please accept my apologies.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
4,477 posts
Vor 30 Minuten, Yedwy sagte:

Well I dont think its collection stuff in general as we have the HSF collection dropping from daylies as ever, I guess they wanted this both harder to collect and more time gated, possibly even more becouse of that strange range bug upon the Sansonetti perk activation...

Those HSF collection items have not been in my daily containers since the last update yesterday. I came up with 0 in every single one. Kind of annoying. Sure, I have some duplicates, but not enough to complete it after only 1 week of collecting, and trading 5 girls I own for 1 I do not own sounds horribly wrong to my metoo-sensitive mind.

[JRM]
Players
8,244 posts

Maybe it got swiched off on your settings by accident, I am pretty sure I got some yesterday

[NECRO]
Players
4,477 posts
Gerade eben, Yedwy sagte:

Maybe it got swiched off on your settings by accident, I am pretty sure I got some yesterday

My settings are switched on, I double-checked it. Before the update, in almost every single container was one of those items. Five botches in a row are quite remarkable.