Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Chug

Status on submarines

16 comments in this topic

Question

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,269 battles

Did not get lucky and recieve an invite to test subs.....and i havent heard anything  in a while now.

So whats the status on submarines, and do we maybe get another test-round.

Are they comming or not  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,168 posts
8,101 battles

Keep an eye on the news, when they have something to say it'll be there.

 

Think submarines are currently being data-mined, especially with all the current things to do in-game such as Italian directives, missions, clan wars, ranked battles etc. Probably a bit too much to drag players onto the sub test.

 

Kind regards,

                       Minia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
2 posts
293 battles

Would love some info update as well, it was stated they are coming in, in 2019 and 2020 knocking on the door. I mean i dont mind if they take more time to make it right, but some info would be rather welcomed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,168 posts
8,101 battles
On 11/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, LegendCZ said:

Would love some info update as well, it was stated they are coming in, in 2019 and 2020 knocking on the door. I mean i dont mind if they take more time to make it right, but some info would be rather welcomed. 

I do not remember WG ever announcing submarines would make it onto the live server in 2019. If I remember right, they said they're looking to have them in no sooner than Q1 of 2020 on the daily live stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[HF_30]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,269 battles

I get plenty of news and updates everytime they make a new premium ship, on patchdays...and on just about everything else.
For some reason Sub's has been hit with a bit of a smokescreen for a while.

Theres probably still 2/3's of the people who are really hyped about this new style of play, who signed up, and who have not been lucky with invites(they may have under-estimated the interest). And who only saw some of the streamers playing them.  
Imho wg could have choosen to let the test-server stay open, and continue without gathering more info and data to atleast give the majority of players who really wanna try  them out...have a go.

And in case of any more testing...would players who already participated get access again..or would it be a new pool of players ???
It would be nice to hear anything...apart from keep an eye on portal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[HHR]
Players
284 posts
14,915 battles
On 11/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, LegendCZ said:

Would love some info update as well, it was stated they are coming in, in 2019 and 2020 knocking on the door. I mean i dont mind if they take more time to make it right, but some info would be rather welcomed. 

WG getting it right ? not even on the 4th time  cvs are still a mess

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
135 posts
5,578 battles
On 11/26/2019 at 8:28 PM, Stronginthearms said:

WG getting it right ? not even on the 4th time  cvs are still a mess

 

Cvs are good, it's the playerbase that can't handle 4d chess.

 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:20 PM, Chug said:

I get plenty of news and updates everytime they make a new premium ship, on patchdays...and on just about everything else.
For some reason Sub's has been hit with a bit of a smokescreen for a while.

Theres probably still 2/3's of the people who are really hyped about this new style of play, who signed up, and who have not been lucky with invites(they may have under-estimated the interest). And who only saw some of the streamers playing them.  
Imho wg could have choosen to let the test-server stay open, and continue without gathering more info and data to atleast give the majority of players who really wanna try  them out...have a go.

And in case of any more testing...would players who already participated get access again..or would it be a new pool of players ???
It would be nice to hear anything...apart from keep an eye on portal.

They are probably working on progressing to the next stage of testing ie. balancing, as it was said that subs haven't even been tried to be balanced so after collecting sub data, they might be working on possible viable model(s) for live MM action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beta Tester
3 posts
1,401 battles

Bump!

 

where are the news on subs? 
even if there was a fourth test... that must surely have ended now, right?

 

so why not give any news about them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,168 posts
8,101 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 2:24 AM, Deepkill said:

Bump!

 

where are the news on subs? 
even if there was a fourth test... that must surely have ended now, right?

 

so why not give any news about them?

No news, you'll have to either be patient or ask WG Staff on the Thursday live stream. It's not exactly easy to design, test, refine, balance and release a completely new tech tree.

 

Regards,

               Minia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[HF_30]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,269 battles

1½ year after the "subs are comming " post from wg...an update on subs would be amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,168 posts
8,101 battles
6 hours ago, Chug said:

1½ year after the "subs are comming " post from wg...an update on subs would be amazing.

Not sure how it's been a year and a half... submarines were announced on the 21/08/2019... that's less than 7 months...

 

As I have said above, give it time. This is an entirely new class of ships, not just the addition of another cruiser or battleship line. Be patient or ask them on tomorrow's WoWS Twitch stream and hopefully they will answer you.

 

Regards,

               Minia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
1 post
450 battles

Happy Submarine Day. Finally thought i was getting some news and still nothing applied for testing day 1 and not even a confimation of receipt let alone any news published. could at least keep us eager for this new claass up to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,346 posts
12,842 battles
2 hours ago, Stevros1903 said:

Happy Submarine Day. Finally thought i was getting some news and still nothing applied for testing day 1 and not even a confimation of receipt let alone any news published. could at least keep us eager for this new claass up to date.

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/world-of-warships-update-0-9-4-changes-and-additions-supertest-datamining-submarines-are-coming/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×