Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beaker71

100% GPU in port

6 comments in this topic

[77MM]
Players
400 posts
13,761 battles

Never really noticed before, but during the game, my GPU runs at about 66% for 60FPS. In port - it's 100%. And with 8.10 - the Armory is laggy as anything - almost unusable (2GB 960GTX) - never had an issue before today.

Beta Tester
270 posts

Armory has a tendency to load glacially slow at times, and I have not a clue as to why. Might be the server the Armory is on, or it's just poorly optimized code.

As for the GPU at 100%, that is a known issue, and has been here for some time. Not everyone gets it, but some do. Changing the port to Ocean usually helps with that, as it just displays your ship and the Victory cargo ship in the background.

• Cool 1

[77MM]
Players
400 posts
13,761 battles
5 minutes ago, Otowi said:

Armory has a tendency to load glacially slow at times, and I have not a clue as to why. Might be the server the Armory is on, or it's just poorly optimized code.

As for the GPU at 100%, that is a known issue, and has been here for some time. Not everyone gets it, but some do. Changing the port to Ocean usually helps with that, as it just displays your ship and the Victory cargo ship in the background.

Wasn't so much the slow to load, more slow to draw on the screen i.e. try to move the mouse over a "thing" - and wait seconds for the popover to draw on the screen

Anyway - switching to ocean has done the trick - laggy Armory UI completely gone. And port now at 71%.

The armory in 8.10 now has extra menu items, so i wonder if that's  pushed it over the edge on my puny graphics card (memory wise).

Thanks!

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles

Well, crypto currencies won't mine themselves from those freeloaders and paying customers too:cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

IIRC, all those pages of armoury, clan,... are web-pages, and thus have to be loaded in the game via a sort of "browser"... And the one WG uses is rather sh1t.

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
4 hours ago, MrFingers said:

IIRC, all those pages of armoury, clan,... are web-pages, and thus have to be loaded in the game via a sort of "browser"... And the one WG uses is rather sh1t.

AFAIK its based on Chromium. But then its russian programmering, so :cap_tea:

Sign in to follow this